Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Democracy doesn't work

There is a rumor that Padme's line was originally "So this is how democracy dies..."

The Republican tide, in this situation, suggests that American democracy is about to undergo a miscarriage. I wouldn't believe this if not for the continued rise of pathological and outright insane leaders in other nations. When the people choose their leaders based on character, then they normally succeed. But time and time again has shown that when people choose leaders to send a message, they choose leaders that do not only reflect, but embody their anger. Rule by the people does not work because it is always exercised in the name of negative Fe, and the pathology of negative Ni is ever its consort.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a left-wing kook.

So democracy is working, so long as left-wingers are elected. If conservatives are elected, it's not working.

Yeah whatever, ok.

Do you not think Obama was elected out of "anger" from the economy crashing? Was a mix of both parties faults, but the Reps were in command at the time so they took the blame. 2 weeks prior to that most polls started showing John McCain pulling ahead of Obama, but not after that.

The latest "identity" polls show Americans identifying themselves as "conservative" at 40% and "liberal" at only 20%. I think liberals, conservatives, and independents alike have every right to be upset and have some "negative Fe energy" in play in this election when our government has spent $5 TRILLION DOLLARS in the past few years to no avail, and with the economy still in the dumper. Obviously they have no clue what they're doing, aren't being responsible with "OUR" money, and ought to be thrown out. There's a very "anti-incumbent" attitude among American voters - throw them all out regardless of party. People are upset, and for good reason. But wait, since you're in academia you don't really make any money and don't really pay any taxes and hence are a lot less upset maybe? Most people earning their own living are disgusted by the current behavior of our government and for sending us to the brink of a secondary Greek style financial collapse due to excessive debt and want "CHANGE" now. Or maybe they did vote for "change" but didn't get the change they were expecting?
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dems are completely blameless in the economic collapse. 100%. Indeed, the collapse is easily modeled via supersocionics.

It's not that Republicans are being elected... it's that personality-disordered Republicans are being elected.

Looks like you need a refresher course in aspectonics.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 10-28-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tcaud, sometimes I swear you live in an alternate reality connected to ours only by a tenuous Internet connection...
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    tcaud, sometimes I swear you live in an alternate reality connected to ours only by a tenuous Internet connection...
    WHUT?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-male

Actually I don't think tcaud is tooo crazy.

Keep in mind that there are people out there who indulge in all sorts of conspiracy theories. If you look at all the beliefs people have, religion, conspiracy theories, new age beliefs, spirituality, self-help books.... and measure them against each other for consistency... you'd find that most people live in alternate realities. The only real connecting medium against it all is the government and work.... which most people typically resent but cave into it because they need money or protection.

It's funny because this seems to imply people are bound more by their need for security and resources than by their ideologies. I think this is true at some level, but deeper people would hope that they feel connected to their community by a sense of common purpose or ideology ( at least I do)... and not in the creepy 1984 apple commercial way.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm amused. But it's about like I expected: while Xerxes' intellect may be fairly respectable and well honed, the ranks of most of his admins are lacking for similar qualities.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I'm amused. But it's about like I expected: while Xerxes' intellect may be fairly respectable and well honed, the ranks of most of his admins are lacking for similar qualities.
    I you too.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

~~tcaud~~

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Indeed, the collapse is easily modeled via supersocionics.
    ahahahahahhaha
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, enter ENTj EM moral relativism. This opens the dominant manifestation of this type (the financier) to the advise of unscrupulous LIE IMs. LIE-D EM then commissions LSE EM to organize in accordance with amoral advise. Their weak Ni makes them mostly incomprehending of the ethical situations they are presented with. So they go ahead and administer the plans. Now add ENFJ IM tendency to forgo careful logical reasoning, and you've got a market for those unscrupulous ideas. Wrap all that enthusiasm around ENFJ, and all of a sudden 75% of IM Fs have lost their minds.

Now add overzealous libertarian reverence for Adam Smith's economic philosophy, so that those unscrupulous LIEs go completely unchecked, then a dab of catastrophic political pandering, and you've got a disaster waiting in the wings.