Thread: Id projection

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Id projection

I read an MBTI description that said don't hook up with INTPs because they act like a J and slowly as you get to know them they return to their P and became lazy and messy.

Well of course it's true that people act a certain way until they are comfortable around other people, but is that 'certain way' a projection of the Id? I think it would sort of be like "Haha you think this is how I really am, but it's not, while I fool you into letting your guard down". Maybe in an attempt to protect the PoLR?

On one occasion I've noticed a distinct difference in behavior. An ESTP, new to the group, became an exact lookalike of an ESTJ, . She was all gung ho about work and everything and was really straight to the point. Once, integrated however, the began to show.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm lazy all the time and I'm proud of it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The id would be a very likely choice of masks, since it's something that the person can actually do effectively.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I try to behave like my mirror, and behave super efficient and task orientated, getting things done straight away, alert and stuff.

Over time I become more lazy and do the minimum.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I read an MBTI description that said don't hook up with INTPs because they act like a J and slowly as you get to know them they return to their P and became lazy and messy.

Well of course it's true that people act a certain way until they are comfortable around other people, but is that 'certain way' a projection of the Id? I think it would sort of be like "Haha you think this is how I really am, but it's not, while I fool you into letting your guard down". Maybe in an attempt to protect the PoLR?

On one occasion I've noticed a distinct difference in behavior. An ESTP, new to the group, became an exact lookalike of an ESTJ, . She was all gung ho about work and everything and was really straight to the point. Once, integrated however, the began to show.
    You should be more concerned about ESTPs that begin to seem more and more like ESTJs....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For js, I think the id projection is pretty obvious, like maybe pretending to be lenient and accepting just to be seen as an easy going person.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    The id would be a very likely choice of masks, since it's something that the person can actually do effectively.
    Interesting concept. Have you elaborated on this elsewhere?

Concerning the OP, I generally try to mask my laziness in situations that require me to work. I got tired of being berated over it at home. I'm an Ethical type, so that's not Id projection.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 10-28-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Creepy-Korpsey

From what I've read of MBTI, socionics, and psycho-typology forums, it appears that INTPs are the worst humans on earth and should be avoided at all costs.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    From what I've read of MBTI, socionics, and psycho-typology forums, it appears that INTPs are the worst humans on earth and should be avoided at all costs.
    yeah, I read some survey that said that only 33% of marriage with an INTP will last. The lowest percentage of all types.

I do think that ILI-Ni's are worse than ILI-Te's.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I do think that ILI-Ni's are worse than ILI-Te's.
    Why do you think that? Do you suppose its due to the more cryptic nature of Ni, which could potentially make that subtype more daydreamy and less in touch with the reality around them?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you get it from P stands for Phenomenon ?

If so, you might want to keep in mind that articles on that site vary in quality. Not saying there isn't something to this one, just for future reference.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post

If so, you might want to keep in mind that articles on that site vary in quality. Not saying there isn't something to this one, just for future reference.
    Oh yea, that's it. It seems like it was just for kicks, but the point made is still relevant.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Interesting concept. Have you elaborated on this elsewhere?
    No; this isn't something that I've thought through in depth, and I wasn't trying to say anything beyond the general Socionic concept of strong functions. Generally your mask will be determined by your environment, though I would consider the PoLR and Suggestive essentially unavailable for masks (Smilingeyes would disagree on this point, considering your Kindred type one of the first choices of masks). On the other hand, the Role function is associated with the mask on Wikisocion.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    No; this isn't something that I've thought through in depth, and I wasn't trying to say anything beyond the general Socionic concept of strong functions. Generally your mask will be determined by your environment, though I would consider the PoLR and Suggestive essentially unavailable for masks (Smilingeyes would disagree on this point, considering your Kindred type one of the first choices of masks). On the other hand, the Role function is associated with the mask on Wikisocion.
    Interesting. *goes to look it up* Thanks.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Why do you think that? Do you suppose its due to the more cryptic nature of Ni, which could potentially make that subtype more daydreamy and less in touch with the reality around them?
    More because of the Ni's that I've met. They are indeed more dreamy and vague.
    Next to that accepting subtypes always seem more into their own thing, a bit egoistic, not so easy with contact with others. etc.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never heard that in INTP descriptions. But I do know that laziness is correlated to I, N and P. I guess in Socionics that means Ni.

I don't think I do all the atheist INTPs justice. I'm Christian and have good morals, and I think I will make a good husband.

Creepy-Korpsey

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post

Sergei Ganin strikes me as biased and antagonistic toward ILIs, probably because our characteristic skepticism challenges his phrenological approach to VI and the foundations of Jungian typology. To wit: "INTps have this very special relationship with Socionics. They are like plague, eating its very foundation. They are like ever growing tumour that turns once solid and sound principals into a formless jelly. Just like a bunch of angry termites on rampage, they feed on anything structural, bearing clarity and simplicity... by turning it to dust." Waaaaaaaah.

Creepy-Korpsey

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    yeah, I read some survey that said that only 33% of marriage with an INTP will last. The lowest percentage of all types.
    That's MBTI so it's referring to INTx in general, not ILI specificially.

Discovery Reveals Partner Satisfaction Through Myers Briggs Types | Articles