Thread: pure functions

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default pure functions

IMO Functions are pure raw forms of one whole thing, that describes its base and also the 'little things' it's all about, all in one word. Such as:

Ni: Pure Idea

Ne: Pure Persuasion

Ti: Pure Process

Te: Pure Action

Fe: Pure Emotion

Fi: Pure Relationship

Se: Pure Essence

Si: Pure Harmony (ew don't like this one but can't think of a better word)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fi: Pure Relationship

Fi doesn't exist really unto itself, Fi seems to have no 'core' - Fi only knows itself by the relationship of another object, an attachment. That is why it's about like and dislike, and commitment-love. (Not romantic love or passionate love, but specifically commitment-love) Because of this, Fi is also known as a 'moralizing function'; why Fi-egos moralize so often is because they are very much aware of this commitment-love.

Betas and Alphas are much more ambivalent about what they really like than Gammas and Deltas.

Te: Pure Action

Te, above all else is the function of action. The organic awareness of what action will *really get you* and not the ideal outcome. And also how it will domino-effect all of external reality in that given time. A Pure Te world would just be a bunch of things going on with no time for self-reflection. Ti is more of the 'sorting' function, Te doesn't sort like Ti does. Te-egos, unlike "lazy infps" are known for being hardworkers and 'just doing it.' Te nicely pairs up with Fi because actions without committed relationships don't end well, and only cause others to become morally offended.

Ne: Pure Persuasion

Ne-egos have many ideas firing in their brain at once, and it's a lot more rapid than Ni. That's why essentially, Ne is a function less "lazy" than Ni is. And because of these 'new ideas', the Ne function is the function of persuasion and suggestion. The motivated and enthused science professor or school teacher is naturally the Ne-type. Ne-egos are so good at persuasion and they inspire a lot of people because of it. As you can kinda see, without Ne, Si is 'stuck' and without Si, Ne is stuck as well because Ne wouldn't stick with an idea for more than 2 seconds to see it's fruition. It would just move through things too quickly.

Ne is innately bossy, many therapists are Ne-egos, because they love telling other people what to do and love to give suggestions on how to fix other people's problems.

Si: Pure Harmony

Si doesn't need anything else but what already exists. It attaches itself seemingly to all of reality at once, but with no judgment or criticism. Musically and vibrationally, pure Si comes off as very smooth and relaxing (but more playful than relaxing, and more smooth than relaxing). That's why stereotypically speaking Si-egos just play mediator with everybody and bake cookies for everybody and act like they are Jesus to the whole world. Si isn't a very 'thoughtful function' really though, it's more just in harmony with everything, which includes thoughts, but a Si-ego would much rather just chill out on the beach then think/talk intellectually about stuff, or take action. Si absorbs the physical senses well, and operates under the 'if it feels good, do it' philosophy and so it's prone to drug addiction and obesity.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 10-27-2010 at 06:01 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fe: Pure Emotion

Fe is about raw emotion, subjective emotional experiences, as simple and pure as you can get, really. Fe has more substance than Fi. But Fi chastises Fe, and says a relationship is a lot more than how you *feel.* Fe is clever, creative and artistic- and any other word that relates to emotion. Fi/Te is great at business & work because relationships + action are great business models. Fe/Ti is great at entertainment & play because emotions and their processes are inherently entertaining to watch.

Ti: Pure Process

Pure mental processes and raw mage-like intellectualization are what make up the Ti function. It's the function of mental categories, because all smart people categorize and label and structure and organize reality in their head. Ti-egos just have incredible amounts of knowledge. Ti is rawly, the function of 'knowing stuff', without any other outcome or attachment. Simply "I know that!"

Ni: Pure Idea

The raw form of ideas, the home-path of where all ideas begin, is what Ni essentially is. And so, Ni-egos are going to be the writers. The idea doesn't necessarily have to be all that original or unique, that is more Ne anyway. Ni tends to be very accurate and entertaining, and something that a lot of people like to watch. This relates to real life in ways, like for example a ni-polr family member I have will frequently 'just do something' without any regards if the action is ideal or not. Although that's sort of the weakness of Ni as well, the reality of things breaks up the ideas, but that doesn't mean the idea wasn't very good to begin with. Ni-egos need to be listened to though, because they always know the ideal way for everybody to behave.

Se: Pure Essence

Se is the accurate & very realistic description of something. It's 'property' or essence, if you will. This is what Ni-people want to know before going into something. 'What is this really like?' It also helps them with their art. Se is 'playfully gossipy' in that way, as well. This is what also makes Se-egos become leaders with everybody and also what makes them remove themselves from the situation too. As what they're striving for is more the Ni-ideal way for people to behave. Essentially, being hyper aware of 'raw reality' is something that gets on their own nerves. It's the ESTp, not the INFp- who is more vulnerable to hurting themselves.

Creepy-male

Nice I like your description of Ne, but to be fair I think Se is also bossy, but in a different way.

The Pe functions, and are innately bossy, because they are all about observing reality for how it is, perceiving the experience directly. So they tend to talk to people in terms of framing reality for them.

I think delta NF therapist do this with Fi so essentially their way of being is like "Heres what potentially your relationship with people could be like".... and then they love to use that to uncomfortably tell you how to behave. There is a palpitable sense that they are trying to tell your destiny or something, like an annoying guidance counselor.

Alpha NT is more like "Heres a way this potentially could work better", because they supply their Ne with Ti, systematic logic. And we love to use that to uncomfortably tell you how to function more optimally. Here once again there is a palpitable sense that they are trying to program things (although to the alpha NT this is more like engaging in what if games/scenarios).

Beta ST is different, they also like to boss people around, except with how to do things now as it happens, not how to potentially be better. Its also more visceral and based on Se... directly experiencing things... its more in the moment, directly connected, and this interfaces well with beta NF because they have a need for these exciting experiences in reality.

To someone like an Alpha NT, having a beta ST tell me how to do things is off setting, I'm thinking the entire time in terms of potentials and the long term... I am wanting to come up with an idea a prospect to feel all exciting about and make it a reality. They are just in the here and now, and like, do this, because they want to experience things in the here and now and feel the pulse of life. Beta NFs love this because they can just go on cruise control and let the beta ST create experiences for them they enjoy and are thrilled by.

My two good friends in the later part of high school were betas, though I didn't know it at the time, an SLE, and an IEI... I didn't have a bad time hanging out with them, but there was drama at one point as time went on after a year or two.

See Alpha NT and beta NF are fine, except only in talking about ideas, and not getting stuff done. My IEI friend and me would just philosophize and smoke weed all day, it was great, we were intuition wise on the same wavelength and our ideal were Ti and Fe based.... but there was a deficiency of Se in the air, and at best I could only talk about the potential for exciting experiences because of my lack of Se. Likewise I couldn't get any Si with the Fe in the air, the relaxed meditative state in the air was Ni, a psychic relaxation, not a physical one. Sensory wise, nothing happened, although it was great to indulge in things intuitively with a beta NF.

Now consider, an Alpha NT and beta ST, great working relationship, alot of stuff gets done, both of us have an agenda for Fe, in other words we are out to find Fe experiences. However the Fe from the beta ST is generated by Se working with Ti. With me its generated by Ne working with Ti. So there is a slight difference. That doesn't mean that what is created by Se isn't appreciated by me and what is created by Ne isn't appreciate by him.... but there are conflicts. Mainly Ne wants to sit around and mentally masturbate about possibilities and potentials, come up with that flash of light bulb brilliance, and go to town on their idea and see it come alive. Se wants to exert their willpower to experience stuff in the here and now. This works great sometimes. The beta ST heres a good idea from an Alpha NT and helps you bring it into reality. The Alpha NT is enjoying the ride the beta ST is driving and its inspiring your base Ne function. However, occasionally the big thing is conflict. The beta St occasionally gets tired of watching the alpha NT mentally masturbate, and gets bored with them, has no respect for their vision or ideas and shits all over them. In return the alpha NT is offended by the lack of foresight and vision the beta ST has, he feels like he is pushy and driven purely for sensory stimulation like a dog or something and lacks any real potential and is just an animal.

Creepy-male

Also I'm convinced engineers are Gamma NT's and Delta ST's

It makes sense Action + Ideas.... on the strategic side, mobilizing an idea into action (ENTj), creating an idea from events/actions (INTp)

On the actual operational side (ST), things are optimized for Action + Harmony... or in other words a lazy type of efficiency... easy smooth seamless operation.

Alpha NT's and Beta ST's also can make engineers, but they are in a different category

Beta ST's are more about the functionality and utilization of things as a tool, Beta ST soldier for example want a weapon designed by an engineer for use... they can look at a peice of equipment and immediately tell how it will be like using that equipment in the field... german engineering to me seems to be LSI, functionality in the most practical and efficient way as the top level requirement.

Alpha NT's are more about innovation and cutting edge technologies... we have a light bulb go off and we think.... ummm can we make this work.... and when it does its like the equivalent of an orgasm to a mental masturbation... its this kind of playful experimental attitude that gives us our childlike alpha quality. Alpha SF's find this endearing at some level. Betas like it but find it too ivory tower and disconnected, naive. Gammas find it a waste of time and effort. Deltas find it endearing also but they want to take that and make it about people and relationships like annoying guidance counselors who say "hey einstein said everything is relative"! when they are talking about peoples values. This is the kind of stuff that Martisa does to alphas that pisses us off... socionics by the way is alpha to the core. Anyways that stuff leaves us feeling like "It doesn't work that way", what makes the illusion worse is socionics is about people... so well delta NFs can easily fill such conversations with loads of information about people and relationships, but a HUGE, HUGE HUGE DEFICIT in the understanding of the actual model/theory/concept and what its really about.

I am guessing real world engineering is a complex mixture of all four thinkers from quadras working together... in an ideal situation personality clashes are minimized and a functional working environment is established.
    Last edited by male; 10-30-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    IMO Functions are pure raw forms of one whole thing, that describes its base and also the 'little things' it's all about, all in one word. Such as:
    Interesting. I do think it needs more work on the wording but I like where you're going with this. Personally, I think the functions represent certain functions of the brain. Suspects include: the Orbitofrontal cortex, frontal lobe, somatosensory system, DNA/genes, latent inhibition/dopamine, sympathetic nervous system, central nervous system, other parts of the brain and of course our eyes, ears, nose, tongues, and skin.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My "over-generalization for the sake of a 'perfect' model" sense is tingling.