Thread: Would you un-lose the war?

Creepy-male

Default Would you un-lose the war?

David Fitzy
    if I go back in time and give you my history textbooks would you then un lose the war

Rainbow Stalin
    hmm
    tough call
    I'm a historical non-interferist.
    So no

David Fitzy
    ah I see
    so giving you my textbooks would do nothing
    hmm
    what about dancing ******

Rainbow Stalin
    what about dancing ******?

David Fitzy
    should i try give him my history textbooks

Rainbow Stalin
    Hmm
    I'd say give them to me, knowing that history would progress unchanged.
    Dancing ****** is a madman.

David Fitzy
    good call

Rainbow Stalin
    You can't know what he'd do with them.
    Most likely swing the war in his favour.

David Fitzy
    probably make some kind of nazi disco

Rainbow Stalin
    Though, a genetically ideal global state could be very interesting.
    If only because it has drastic implications for the survival of the human race.

David Fitzy
    indeed
    you have broadened my horizons rainbow stalin
    I shall tell cheescake lenin of my discoveries
    ta ta

Rainbow Stalin
    ta

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which genius seriously believed that a race of blondes would be more intelligent? Hot and sexually promiscuous, definitely, but not a race of engineers and scientists.

Seriously though, a genetically "pure" universal state would likely raise the chances of the whole species experiencing a bottleneck effect and then dieing out from an unpredicted genetic anomally. That's the main problem with any argument for eugenics.

Creepy-male

How likely do you think it is that the sort of bottleneck you'd form by limiting the breeding pool to blonde hair/blue eyes would actually lead to a catastrophe for the human race, out of curiosity?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Seriously though, a genetically "pure" universal state would the raise the chances of the whole species experiencing a bottleneck effect and then dieing out from an unpredicted genetic anomally. That's the main problem with any argument for eugenics.
    Exactly, the more mixed your genes are, the better. A maybe inappropriate, but still true example would be the breeding of dogs. Some races have got some serious health problems because they were just overbred. Take a look at the dachshund, an increasing amount of these dogs are suffering from intervertebral disk deasease at older age. But crossbreeds generally have a good health. It's technically the same with humans.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me a few months to read all the textbooks about population genetics I can get my hands on and estimate the probability for you. I'm a n00b at anything with biology, but it'll be a fun side-project.

How likely do you think it is that the sort of bottleneck you'd form by limiting the breeding pool to blonde hair/blue eyes would actually lead to a catastrophe for the human race, out of curiosity?
    It's certainly possible for all I know that a population of blue eyed / blonde haired alleles could still retain a relatively varied genetic base because of major individual pre-existing differences in their other alleles.

Assuming a truly serious population bottleneck did happen as a result of the breeding experiments, the rate of genetic mutation would have to offset the rate of the population encountering bottleneck related diseases, else it'll only be a matter of time before the chances of approaching a population-wide catastrophe approach unity.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Seriously though, a genetically "pure" universal state would likely raise the chances of the whole species experiencing a bottleneck effect and then dieing out from an unpredicted genetic anomally. That's the main problem with any argument for eugenics.
    Holy shit, what a seriously beautiful argument

Just thinking, you know what would be awesome, if someone we could engineer the human genome to include spare extra genetic material, and then find a way to control that material, like turn it on or off. Maybe a chemical reaction could activate the expression of such latent genes. Think about the applications, your cells normally have a blood type, but then someone injects you with this serum and your body begins to synthesize proteins which begins populating your cardiovascular system with blood of the universal recepient type. Medical technicians could plant these genes in soldiers and other high risk people, then if they become injured and there is no blood on hand they could inject the serum, combine it with enzymes which speed up the synthesis of the new blood, and then connect a saline line for fluid and another for the other person's blood... and boom you have an in field blood transfusion without there to be the need to match blood types.
    Last edited by male; 10-30-2010 at 04:50 AM.