TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Corruption per country

Transparency International - the global coalition against corruption

you can see the corruption index per country when you put your mouse over it.

interesting results...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna guess that Croatia is one of the european leaders.

Am gonna check.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somalia.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The results were...

Predictable.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

USA is ranked 22 with a score of 7.1
    It would be interesting to see where we are in ten years. I have feeling we're going downhill.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing new under the sun.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Oh my gosh! Scandinavia is surrounded by a coalition of swindlers

Save us, Thor!

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the last 4 years we did rather well, compared to the previous... damn, since probably ever.

Republicans = mass corruption, at least these days.

IEI Pelosi made a point of making life hard for corrupt congressmen, starting as soon as they were indicted. ^_^ One thing I'm concerned about, is that the next Dem leader might not have the fortitude against corruption that she has.

But what's really pitiful is that people are not in a mood to reward her for it, and that sets a bad example for other politicians. Rewards DO matter.

But I blame the media most of all. When I finish my degree, I'm gonna be working to make lots of allies and enemies in a hurry. ^_^

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the Republicans are corrupt, but if you really think the Democrats of all parties are any better you're kidding yourself. The media is to blame?? Funny that I think the same thing, except in reverse.

I really do need to move to Singapore.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you measure corruption?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I hope it doesn't involve attempting at corruption.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    In detail/2010/cpi/surveys_indices/policy_research

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    The results were...

*yuri*
    Predictable.
    lmfao memories.

I can tell which western nations funded this research...

A conspiracy is born.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moved to politics.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    lmfao memories.
    Hehe, I still play Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge. Mostly skirmish, though, against AI opponents. I can't find any people to play

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing really shocking here; all of these countries are in war or/and struggling with the basic necessities for survival. The desire for morality and social codes generally gets thrown out the window when you're reduced to that sort of primitive state
    Even in developed countries most volatile crimes take place in areas comprised of dense poverty
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Nothing really shocking here; all of these countries are in war or/and struggling with the basic necessities for survival. The desire for morality and social codes generally gets thrown out the window when you're reduced to that sort of primitive state
    Even in developed countries most volatile crimes take place in areas comprised of dense poverty
    I'm pretty sure Italy is a big sticking sore spot on, we're not particularly poor, not primitive, yet our ranking is quite high (or low, depends on how you define the scale). Croatia isn't very poor or primitive either, neither is Greece really, even though perhaps medias like to depict them as such.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I'm pretty sure Italy is a big sticking sore spot on, we're not particularly poor, not primitive, yet our ranking is quite high (or low, depends on how you define the scale). Croatia isn't very poor or primitive either, neither is Greece really, even though perhaps medias like to depict them as such.
    hmmm I never really thought about that. Being from the area, do you think this may have to do with crime hierarchies like the mafia?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    hmmm I never really thought about that. Being from the area, do you think this may have to do with crime hierarchies like the mafia?
    Im also curious about it. Its probably how their society is structured in general, things like mafia is more of a side-effect. Read not too long ago a few articles about how young people cant find opprotunities and why:
    Italy's Job Crisis: Why Young Italians Are Leaving - TIME. However Im reall interested what FDG will have to say about it.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think Silvio Berlusconi helps Silvio Berlusconi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Im also curious about it. Its probably how their society is structured in general, things like mafia is more of a side-effect. Read not too long ago a few articles about how young people cant find opprotunities and why:
    Italy's Job Crisis: Why Young Italians Are Leaving - TIME. However Im reall interested what FDG will have to say about it.
    Well, about corruption: most people never "see" corruption operating in their every-day life - you don't bribe policemen, local politicians etc.. It's limited to the highest level govt officials / bankers / industrials. Yet the volume of money which is connected to corruption-laden businesses is extremely high, which means that they often end up being directed by not necessarily the most "efficient" company, but rather the one that bribed the govt the most.

About young people leaving: it's a complicated picture. Compared to the rest of the EU, a young university graduate has no guarantee of finding a relatively nice job, even if he studied a complicated subject (say, physics). Yet there's still a large amount of well-paid jobs available, but you need to be...lucky and a bit shrewd. Companies will offer you a low salary, and if you don't argue back, you'll end up being underpaid. If you're not "shrewd", you might end up at 30 with a meager salary, even if you're really talented. This in northern Italy, which is economically still "ok". Some people are lured by higher nominal salaries quoted in places like Germany, Denmark, Sweden, etc - yet they often find out that, taking into account the cost of living & taxes, there isn't a real difference.

In southern italy there's an extremely large black economy. If you just look at GDP figures, you'd think southern Italy is like Somalia. Yet if you travel there and exclude Neaples, everything is pretty much fine, roads are OK, houses aren't crumbling, so IDK. Pretty bad place to be an ambitious young person, though, because the black economy is rarely connected to technologically advanced sectors.

I wouldn't consider the interviews in that TIME article as something "realistic". Those people are living in Shanghai and Dubai. I don't know if they've noticed, but they're both living in dictatorships where an extremely large % of the population doesn't have access to basic education, health care, food, etc. (Dubai less so, but it's still far from being "civil") so perhaps they do have a good job which satisfies their strong ambition, yet I can't see how such a scenario could be considered as a "role model".

Then there's Berlusconi, which is seriously starting to become a real hindrance. Our parliament members spend all their time debating and fighting on laws connected to the judicial system, basically because B. is always trying to pass laws which will cancel/prescribe his crimes. Which means they're not spending any time thinking about laws that, say, favor innovation / correct investments / etc...typical exame: we have an extremely promising renewable-energy project, KiteGen: Kitegen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia yet nobody cares, actually an oil lobby managed to destroy their first attempt at implementation.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Hehe, I still play Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge. Mostly skirmish, though, against AI opponents. I can't find any people to play
    Yeah, me too. That game is epic. I actually got TF classic some month a ago, too. But I sucked too much and I stopped playing it for that time. I'm currently playing through Half Life 1 with Sven coop mod together with a friend.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    I actually got TF classic some month a ago, too. But I sucked too much and I stopped playing it for that time.
    haha, I used to play the shit out of TFC back in the day. I've had Half-Life since it came out, when I was 10 years old. TFC came out about a year later. I can't believe it's been 11 years, I'm 22 now, and still playing this shit!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    I'm currently playing through Half Life 1 with Sven coop mod together with a friend.
    Nice! Did you get to that 3-headed noise-sensitive beak monster yet, that you have to crouch past? That scared the shit out of me when I first played.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, I used to play the shit out of TFC back in the day. I've had Half-Life since it came out, when I was 10 years old. TFC came out about a year later. I can't believe it's been 11 years, I'm 22 now, and still playing this shit!
    Haha, I'm doing exactly the same. (It's related to constructivist/emotivist, the reproduction of good memories. You can also find it in the ILI description.) I think we played roughly the same stuff, since I'm 20 at the moment, but I started playing on PC early because I have an elder brother. If Dungeon Keeper 2 could handle my graphics card I'd probably play it right now. I still got all those little gems. I can remember those early LAN-parties where we played Call of Duty until we heard voices... lol, sorry for my nostalgia attack.

Nice! Did you get to that 3-headed noise-sensitive beak monster yet, that you have to crouch past? That scared the shit out of me when I first played.
    Yup, and it kicked our ass more than once. I can imagine, I was terrified by the Zombies in Thief 1 back then.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer