Some context:

I've been getting into this old game called Kingdom Hearts as of late. I've currently been having quite a bit of fun messing around with various levelling charts and whatnot to see how much information I can wring out of them (using my INTENSE HIGHSCHOOL CALCULUS (take that people who say they never use their maths (losers, all of them))).

I also have to contend with an assignment where we have to do a fairly rudimentary experiment and then write a report about it.

Anyway, I had a lightbulb. Working on the assignment has made me realise I'm not incredibly creative when it comes to investigating new things. Where my strength does lie, however, is processing existing information. Another example: my favourite WoW pastime was keeping detailed tabs on combat numbers and making sense of them (then doing a bunch of different things like reverse-engineering class balancing ideas or fine-tuning and optimising my characters' combat performance).

So, my question then is, despite being a Democratic dyad (and presumably functioning more in the respect of carrying each other's lifestyle blind spots than as a directly cooperating unit), when cooperating on some intellectual matter, is it the SEI's place to process and analyse the results and any preexisting data?

And of course, more broadly, when dealing with information in a group setting, is the SEI a mixture of the analysis whiz and informational curator/infrastructure man/woman?