Thread: Conflict on forums

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Conflict on forums

Last edited by Shay; 05-30-2011 at 06:25 AM.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually find myself arguing with LII and IEI, but I think it's just a matter of differing opinions. Also, LII and IEI make up a huge portion of the forum.

I'm skeptical of inter-types developing in any meaningful way on forums.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I conflict with any beta who's assertive and wrong.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-Snaps

I would take a stab and say Identicals experience the most conflict on the forums. It seems people don't realize someone can use the same functions as themselves, and form vastly different opinions based on age, gender, culture, political influences growing up, etc. Even Identicals with different subtypes can behave in different ways, yet people are so quick to dismiss the other person as having the same type as themselves.

I'd think relations of Supervision would generally be appreciated on the internet forums, because I think to some degree, everyone interested in socionics is interested in growing and learning more about themselves and others, how types get along, etc. Even though your most defenseless point is being pressured in relations of Supervision, I think people on here are more inclined to take constructive criticsm from their Supervisors.

Conflicting relations I doubt would fight much on the internet. Remember that although Duals are the best long-term and toughest to start short-term, relations of Conflict are the easiest short-term and worst long-term. On an internet forum, I doubt most relationships get past the happy short-term stage, considering you don't know everyone on here personally. Depends of course how much you interact with the person and get to know them. But generally, relations of Conflict wouldn't seem to cause the most conflict on an internet forum.

Not sure how the other relations you mentioned would pan out on an internet forum. But anyway, these are all vast generalizations and of course can be argued the other way. Thought I'd throw out my opinion for discussion. So again, I'd say Identicals cause the most conflict.

Creepy-Snaps

Oh, and to throw out one you didn't mention... Mirror. Mirror relations always seem to argue a lot, in real life and on the internet. Ironic how some of the types you are most compatible with in real life, Identical and Mirror, tend to cause the most conflict on an internet forum about understanding each other. Again, that's just my opinion though.

Creepy-male

Things can be bad between my mirrors and myself IRL, even if not to the degree of online.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont get into conflicts on the forums, at least not that I can remember (I wouldnt be surprised if there were some small things here and there). Although posts I usually disagree with are either of crazy people who should not be typed at all or my Contrary. Contrary writings makes my head spin and for me they are just blatantly wrong, still I dont go into conflicts with them, different people with different views on the world etc..

My mirrors I usually agree with 95%, which is more often than with my Identicals.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find myself arguing most with alpha NTs on here. I don't talk to betas much on here (except for a couple INFps), so we don't argue for the sole reason that we don't interact. When it comes to other internet friends, all of my arguments are directed at Fe/Ti valuers.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I would take a stab and say Identicals experience the most conflict on the forums. It seems people don't realize someone can use the same functions as themselves, and form vastly different opinions based on age, gender, culture, political influences growing up, etc. Even Identicals with different subtypes can behave in different ways, yet people are so quick to dismiss the other person as having the same type as themselves.
    I haven´t experienced serious conflicts here: if anything, I have argued with Ephemeros / Pinocchio / Pied Piper a few times.

ENTp - ENTp
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-male

My worst fights on here have been with my Business, thePirate, for almost precisely the reasons listed above. Typically I ignore posts by IEIs because they're impenetrably Ni, though.

I'd think relations of Supervision would generally be appreciated on the internet forums, because I think to some degree, everyone interested in socionics is interested in growing and learning more about themselves and others, how types get along, etc. Even though your most defenseless point is being pressured in relations of Supervision, I think people on here are more inclined to take constructive criticsm from their Supervisors.

Conflicting relations I doubt would fight much on the internet. Remember that although Duals are the best long-term and toughest to start short-term, relations of Conflict are the easiest short-term and worst long-term. On an internet forum, I doubt most relationships get past the happy short-term stage, considering you don't know everyone on here personally. Depends of course how much you interact with the person and get to know them. But generally, relations of Conflict wouldn't seem to cause the most conflict on an internet forum.
    In the intellectual sphere, ET types are appreciated by me. I see them as being knowledgeable and confident. This applies equally across all four types, and is perhaps unsurprising considering that one of those ET type is my Dual.

That said, these forums have experienced many fights between Supervision pairs, notoriously between ILEs and LSIs--or so I've read.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I conflict with any beta who's assertive and wrong.
    Betas are all about being "right".

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that Betas are the last ones to know it when they're wrong.

I do tend to "argue" with mirrors a lot (entjs for me) but it's more like just debating different angles of the same point and always a good discussion and not what I'd call a conflict.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what I remember, I've conflicted with 2-4 probable LSI's, an EIE, SLE and an IEI, a few others I'm unsure of. I don't even know if conflict is the right word, it was mainly strong disagreements over Socionics with mutual dislike of character.
    I remember having a couple disagreements with Leckysupport, who types as LSE, but I've never had any ill feelings towards him or felt personally threatened by him in the way I did with the (probable) Betas I've mentioned.
    For the most part, I like most of the people on this site, regardless of type

I used to occasionally lurk the site 2-3 years before I joined, while I was still learning Socionics, and noticed that the majority of the heated conflicts were amongst a few Betas with other Betas, and Betas with Gammas, at least that's how I viewed it
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    The problem is that Betas are the last ones to know it when they're wrong.
    And even then, it seems, the last to admit it.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    I haven´t experienced serious conflicts here: if anything, I have argued with Ephemeros / Pinocchio / Pied Piper a few times.

ENTp - ENTp
    Well Ephemeros gets in conflicts with everybody, so this isn't really all that farfetched

It's really just another example of how individual characteristics tend to play big roles in interpersonal relationships, as opposed to solely socionics factors.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

It's pretty cool

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linas View Post
    Betas are all about being "right".
    This is true, but it doesn't stop them from having small penises.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    This is true, but it doesn't stop them from having small penises.
    you're ENTp, so your words doesn't have any weight now. oh, fiy, my penis is just ok, loool. that should be taken as final argument.

Creepy-male

I know I was complaining about dick-measuring contests, but I never thought it would ever come to refer to something literal.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually, I think conflictors don't have so much conflict on forums as some other relations because your interests are likely to be different enough. I see contrary relations as having the most conflict followed by quasi identical. Being in the same club, the interests are more similar, yet you are in opposite quadras and prefer to use the functions in different attitudes.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Actually, I think conflictors don't have so much conflict on forums as some other relations because your interests are likely to be different enough. I see contrary relations as having the most conflict followed by quasi identical. Being in the same club, the interests are more similar, yet you are in opposite quadras and prefer to use the functions in different attitudes.
    The same goes for real life, though because of the rational/irrational difference quasis are a bigger problem.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-male

The same goes for real life, though because of the rational/irrational difference quasis are a bigger problem.
    Oh boy. Most of my conflict with Mum has been me trying to get her to relax and lighten up and/or her trying to get me to mobilise and care about things

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Oh boy. Most of my conflict with Mum has been me trying to get her to relax and lighten up and/or her trying to get me to mobilise and care about things
    What type is she?

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Creepy-male

What type is she?
    Oh, sorry, my Quasi, ESI.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    That means that we, me and you, currently find ourself in a conflict?
    Hasn't this always been the case?

I'm just observing that a number of people on here have gotten in some sort of conflict with you. Also, I don't dislike you because you disagree with my self-typing; that has never been the issue and I doubt it ever will be, since tons of people disagree about my type and I don't dislike those people.

It's pretty cool

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm the only problems I have with you are that you're mistyped and defend your opinion dishonestly. That's not what one could call "conflict" though - especially as relevant in intertype relationships -, maybe conflicting purposes. Other than that I don't know, I though that maybe you've got other problems with me.
    Well it's more that the conflict comes not from what is discussed, but how it's discussed. You can call me ISTj all you want, and if you're civil about it then I won't mind it at all. But historically you've just been so vehement in the way you attack people's arguments that you turn it into a matter of personal insults. This seems like a very Ti sort of thinking pattern I suppose, the idea that thought processes are very personalized and must be taken as a personal thing. Again, it's not because of what you type me as, it's the way you argue.

But you make a fair point in your answer to slater, I had clashes with many people based on correct typing and theory, so if he thinks that's relevant type-wise... just LMAO @ it.
    Yeah, that's basically what I was going off of, the arguments just about socionics theory and typings. And you're 100% right for saying that it's not type related, because any sociotype can get into an argument with any other sociotype for most any reason.

Still, these clashes I didn't have with "everyone" like you suggest, you overgeneralize on me on the purpose of portraying me as a non-serious person, since I was the first one to point out the fact that you're not the type you adamantly stick to. This is what bothers me - and you should know very well already my urge against political sabotage - so as long as it continues, it is possible that I react to it again.
    Just for the record, whenever I use words like "everyone" or "always," it's never meant as a 100% serious, no-exceptions-allowed thing. I'm sorry if I came across that way.

First, I get along well with many people, these relationships go unnoticed while you record exclusively these troublesome events. Second, it depends on the period you're talking about, for example I had great clashes with Vero but now I don't have anymore, I don't have a problem with her and I think that everything that could be done about her case is done already. How would these events translate relationship-wise (not necessarily Socionics)? In no way whatsoever, IMO.
    This is true, I only know you from what I've seen from you online. I'm sure you're a good person and all that, but I can only go off of what I know.

It's pretty cool

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just from personal experience here on the forum i have to say my most clashing interactions have been with a few of the EIEs, SLEs, and IEIs (not all of them though). I would actually say the quasi clashes were the worst and most aggravating interestingly. When paired up with their activity partner (EIE + SLE), it was outright war.

Next most annoying is ILE but we can usually get past it or it's not bothersome enough for me to comment on whatever i didn't like.

Mountain Dew had an interesting thought about identicals, and i have found it to be somewhat true (just on rare occasion) with Look.to.the.sky and Galen, to name two i've engaged in more conversation with than perhaps other IEEs. But these didn't feel like clashes, but more like philosophical debates and a little bit of frustration that they might not have been seeing my point of view, in that particular instance. Always easy to move on though and even in those instances I felt like they were friends. I dont think it's the worst interaction though, by far.

I have never fought with my conflictors online. Let me repeat. I have NEVER fought with my conflictors online. [Well unless None/Airborne is LSI (but I think he's Ti-SLE). Anyway, not to open up a can of worms.] In fact, I've realized I barely have interacted with them. Whenever I read their posts, for some reason I'm just not that compelled to respond (subconsciously).

My mirrors and I have actually had some very positive interactions. (not including Maritsa in this statement, b/c I continue to question her type but if she's really EII she would be the exception).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't find my conflictors too bad on the forum, like especially director abbie, she can be funny even if it's a bit dry for my taste.

i'm probably too new though, i haven't had any conflicts in my only one month long membership

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    I have been wondering which inter-type relationships tend to experience the most conflict on forums like this.
    I think conflicting quadra values would set flame wars ablaze most easily -- though it depends on the setting. Personally, whenever I see some Delta NF liberal fag on political forums whining about injustice or PCness or whatever it gives me the urge to curb-stomp them. Same with Delta NFs in MBTI forums whining about "stereotypes." Your mileage may vary on what sets you off most (as you can see, my Fi-ignoring pushes my buttons more than anything), but it's probably always gonna be within the Id and super-ego blocks.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 10-28-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov