Thread: What does your Suggestive do for your Ego?

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What does your Suggestive do for your Ego?

I know what the articles say, but I'm interested in how it works for you personally.

My Suggestive is Si; Base Ne; and Creative Fi. Okay...

So I've noticed that I feel inspired in a clean environment. I will clean my kitchen, and immediately I feel like fixing a fancier-than-normal dinner (using my Ne to come up with something original and tasty). On the flip side, if my kitchen is a mess, I will pop in a frozen pizza or open a can of soup.

If the dining room table is cleared, I am inclined to get out a jigsaw puzzle, or a game to play with my family.

My son is like this, too. As soon as he and I finish cleaning up all the toys and making his room look neat and tidy, he is all eager to start getting out all his toys again.

A "white canvas" excites me. That's why I value Si so much, because it feeds my base (not sure yet what it does for Fi, maybe I'm overlooking something yet).
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In order to feel free to express my ego functions, I have to have a pleasant emotional atmosphere. If people around me don't appear to be expressly enthusiastic enough or appear pleasant enough, I suppress the expression of my ego functions when I'm with them.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it follows me around and finds me when I least expect it, directing me like a guardian angel, if not then it is my role stalking me like an F5 tornado, depending on how nice I have been lately (my conscience?)

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I know what the articles say, but I'm interested in how it works for you personally.

My Suggestive is Si; Base Ne; and Creative Fi. Okay...

So I've noticed that I feel inspired in a clean environment. I will clean my kitchen, and immediately I feel like fixing a fancier-than-normal dinner (using my Ne to come up with something original and tasty). On the flip side, if my kitchen is a mess, I will pop in a frozen pizza or open a can of soup.

If the dining room table is cleared, I am inclined to get out a jigsaw puzzle, or a game to play with my family.

My son is like this, too. As soon as he and I finish cleaning up all the toys and making his room look neat and tidy, he is all eager to start getting out all his toys again.

A "white canvas" excites me. That's why I value Si so much, because it feeds my base (not sure yet what it does for Fi, maybe I'm overlooking something yet).
    oh wow, yeah actually that happens to me too!!

I know that sometimes i just feel like i can't think properly or do ANYTHING unless i clean up, in the sense that i'm paralyzed in a way.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the issue for me is that I don't feel free to let myself float off into speculative thought because I have to defend myself, take care of myself, etc. It's somehow wrong to be imaginative in that way, because I have to be real world enough to take care of myself. But bizarrely, when I spend time with Se egos, I naturally feel more free to not take care of myself, to not concern myself with doing anything, and to let myself think. Maybe that's unhealthy, though, I guess people have an obligation to go out and actively do good things, and I'm quite good at following others' lead in that regard (when someone wants me to do something, I'm much more likely to make effort to do it than if I just want to do it), but the primary sense I get from Se-egos is the freedom to be contemplative and... less guarded. More open. I think that being constantly on the defensive is somewhat poisonous to me, because I do it wrong. Around Se-egos, I don't feel like i have to be on the defensive, and so I'm as loose as I would naturally prefer to be.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.