TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI? ISFp?

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nins-book.html

So i have been reading a little of Renin's book and I fit the ISFp (The dumas) profile. What's everyones thoughts on that?
    I also feel it fits into intertype relations with the people around me.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what parts do you relate to the most?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    what parts do you relate to the most?
    I relate particularly well to everything in red text.I did rush through all the info though to post quickly as I am busy getting ready for my school formal this evening .

The first function – subjective sensoring ( ): the area of confidence. A Dumas knows his feelings well and is aware of his weaknesses. A Dumas knows well what is wrong with his/her body and does not need other's opinion. “I don’t need to hear about my health, I can tell you about your health, even though I am not a doctor”. He tells the doctor what to prescribe and how to treat the sickness.
    A Dumas craves sensations: gustatory, tactile, etc. “My feelings are my life. If I don’t feel anything then I am dead. I feel, therefore I exist”. Feelings boost his energy. An abundance of different sensations confirms a Dumas' existence. A Dumas is a cheerful person; his motto is: “Got to live!”

Function #-1 — objective sensoring ( ): deeds and appearance are in the area of ignoring. A Dumas sometimes simply ignores external forms: fashion; image. This type may refrain from taking steps or doing something even though the moment requires. The necessity to be active is sometimes perceived as objective evil. This type frequently embellishes his/her deeds because they want to look and feel like a hero.
    What can we do here? First of all if we are aware of the trait then we can look for it and examine its manifestations. In particular activity it may take specific odd forms. It is not always easy to articulate the trait; it may take some extra conscious effort to figure out the unproductive trait of the personality.

Function #2 — objective ethics ( ): a Dumas' creative function deals with relationships – relationships of people close to him, their attitudes to each other and to him/her. This is also the area of taking risks. A Dumas loves risk in relationships. A Dumas is sociable and well informed. People of this type easily manipulate information in the sphere of relationships. Their “article of sale” is manipulations in the area of relationships. They always know everything about who, what, where, etc. They know exactly what is going on in people’s relationships and at the right moment can impact the attitudes keeping neutrality. He is the master of intonation and pauses in speech, nobody even realizes what it happens. There is a way to communicate ideas to people without actually saying anything, people understand them without words and do what is expected of them. A Dumas does not misrepresent facts, but he is a master of omission and biased comments. So they “sell” intrigue, relationships management.
    In general, ability to maintain relationships is a Dumas' strong trait of character. They are brilliant at talking, disputing, have good contact with audience and a gift for foreign languages. Different ways of thinking, various systems of understanding and explaining fascinate them.

Function #-2 — subjective ethics ( ): the zone of "do not need to", the zone of standards. A Dumas do not talk about their attitudes. Life reveals truth anyway. They would rather talk about objective circumstances than their feelings. Often a Dumas uses a definite formal criteria to form an attitude to another person. He is a democrat*, therefore he is a socially and status-oriented person. Extreme case of this type is a certified snob.

Function #3 — subjective logic ( ): the problem here lies in the sphere of understanding, explaining, competence. Their books are supplied with an enormous number of references. A Dumas is always on defense (he quotes Dr. So-and-so, etc.), he gives references to published sources and other authorities. It makes him feel safe. A Dumas approaches intellectual issues with great care as a rule. A reference to an opinion of a recognized authority seems to a Dumas weightier than his/her own arguments. He never trusts his own reasoning. Often their system of evidence is based on external authorities alone.
    When during a lecture a Dumas is asked whether he has read a certain article or book, he instantly feels under attack according to the third function, he thinks he is being accused of incompetence or misunderstanding. He gets defensive: a Dumas, the master of manipulation in the area of relationships, quickly responds: “Sure I have read it, but it does not make any sense”, or: “Yes, I have read it, but it has nothing to do with the subject we are discussing right now.” – even though he/she has never heard of it.
    Sometimes they put artificial limits to their own competency themselves: “I understand everything in my field, the rest does not concern me”. Or the protection of the third function may take most humble form: “Yes, I am a fool, I basically do not understand anything. It is all very interesting, but it is completely out of my competence”. Or: “It does not exist. Only things that I understand really do exist, everything else simply does not exist”. She puts boundaries on the field of perception. This is a "minus defense" - a common way to simplify a situation according to the third function. A Dumas’s feelings get hurt when people try to explicitly or implicitly expose their incompetence. Things and ideas that disagree with their point of view either prick their interest and they study them in secret, or they are completely ignored. When on defense in this area a Dumas often develops a “superiority complex”: “I am OK!"
    So, when a Dumas feels competent his self-esteem soars and supplies him with a lot of energy, this is called positive reinforcement. When disputing this type is logical, pushing, imposing, emphasizes his competence, enjoys stressing the opponents’ incompetence.

The society energizes people. Any society puts people into a strict sociocultural mechanism. To be confirmed in a society one has to fit a certain image of a good person (decent neighbor, nice guy). Society may consist of neighbors, office co-workers, and colleagues – any important group. People put a lot effort into trying to fit a mold for the sake of being approved and “charged” by their social group. People are drawn into this power exchange even when little. Take it away and people get out of control, become asocial, and there is almost no gap between asocial and antisocial.

Function #-3 — objective logic ( ): the main problem is that of understanding; the solution is to know. If he does not know something, he needs to find out, do a research, read a book, and consult an expert. A Dumas' Adress Book is full of phone numbers of the best experts in various fields; he is friends with most of them. Nevertheless he does not mind fixing his own vehicle.

Function #4 — objective intuition ( ): integrity of external situation. Ideas may be suggested through this area in the structure of the type. “I want the world to be in harmony, I want everything from beginning to end to be known and predictable; I want everything to be on schedule and never off track, moving steadily from one goal to another”. This desire may lead a person away from satisfying the deeper needs of his soul and leave him with a superficial but steady life of the planned and the discovered. A Dumas could be easily programmed with an agenda, a schedule. In his mind he makes a lay out of the sequence of events; he knows what to expect and in what order. For example, a Dumas would usually take a course at the Medical Academy or any other nominal professional training.
    A breach in the integrity of the external situation may stress a Dumas out or put him in a stupor. A Don Quixote and a Huxley take it easy when facing the unexpected or the unscheduled. Unexpected events arouse their interest. While a Dumas lapses into a stupor in a similar situation. They turn into a stone detached from the external world. They need time to process new information and restore the integrity. A Dumas, however, is on guard. They easily cope with 95 % of emergencies; they have a plan and a set of standard responses to certain things. But anything totally unexpected brings him to a complete stop... Several years ago we studied behavior of civil aircraft pilots in emergency situations. We had a chance to observe a clear demonstration of that trait. Skillful experienced pilots did great in any of the anticipated situations. But facing the unforeseen circumstances he was helpless, unable to cope. He can’t fathom spontaneity. Meditation broadens the spectrum of expected situations, but unexpected things do happen sooner or later. This type needs to remember that if he chooses to follow a schedule at one point of his life he might find it difficult to break away from it.
    “I would like to study in a good school, to be taught everything step by step”. A good place is the place where integrity of the external situation is secured.

Function #-4— subjective intuition ( ): The integrity of internal situation is the "fabric" of this function; it is the fear of searching one’s heart, digging in one’s mind. Introspection does not go well with a Dumas. Some other types eagerly engage in introspection, but neither a Dumas nor a Gaben enjoy it. If this type chooses to take a look at their psyche then things may go in three different ways: a) he scratches the surface of his inner self, but he has an impression he reached the bottom; b) he studied only ideas about oneself; c) this is not a Dumas.
    Here the infallibility complex comes into action again: a Dumas escapes internal problems by ignoring them: “I am OK". This should not be confused with megalomania. Why psychological literature does not give sufficient information about this complex? Nobody seeks a therapist to get help in this area. People come for therapy if they have a problem, but in this case there is "no problem", everything is just fine. The inner world is always integral: “Do not touch there, I'm fine”. Thus a person separates oneself from most of the world, a place where he might find out that he is not OK. The “not OK” part of his [inner] world does not exist in his opinion, a Dumas stubbornly ignores it. But this can not go on forever, after a while he runs into things that are “not OK”. It is impossible to classify people into bad and good, and live with the latter, and send the former to guillotine.After a while the search for the bad people resumes. Similarly, the person’s living space is reduces and he feels lonely.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I relate particularly well to everything in red text.I did rush through all the info though to post quickly as I am busy getting ready for my school formal this evening .
    Hope you had fun at your formal!

It seems like you related to pretty much everything! Maybe it's better to ask, are there any parts you feel you didn't relate to at all? Did you read other type descriptions and relate to anything described by other types? Maybe that way we can figure out what functions you normally use. And can you think of any examples, based on Reinin's description of ISFp, where you think you acted how a typical ISFp would act?

Of course write back when you have time.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly don't know what to make of that; I'm generally not a fan of Renin's approach to typology, it's rather vague IMO

If you have any time, could you look over this description for SEI on Socionics.ws and comment on what parts resonate with you? SEI - WSWiki
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    If you have any time, could you look over this description for SEI on Socionics.ws and comment on what parts resonate with you? SEI - WSWiki

That description is really accurate.

Hopefully Niff won't read this and dismantle it because he thinks I'm ILE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've heard most of the descriptions in Reinin's book are way wrong. I can at least attest to the ENFp one being incredibly inaccurate when it comes to describing myself.