Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 51

Thread: Our beloved Tranny

  1. #1
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Our beloved Tranny

    What makes you feel INTP?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    uh, where and when did you hear INTp?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From Transigent himself, most likely. What makes you think otherwise, Joy?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when? I remember him saying that in a thread a while back, but last I had heard, he'd realized that he was not an INTp.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  5. #5
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    when? I remember him saying that in a thread a while back, but last I had heard, he'd realized that he was not an INTp.
    He is INTp because I say so. NeFi typing powers!
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  6. #6
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    uhhhh who said anything about logic?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    when? I remember him saying that in a thread a while back, but last I had heard, he'd realized that he was not an INTp.
    Yeah, but the same goes for ENTp.

    It pretty much revolves around the "logic" thingy, apparently only 4 types are allowed to ever use logic? (Alpha & Beta Logical Types)

    However, I have doubts that is "logic" exactly.
    i have incorporated your Ti definition. However I still think that Ti cannot be completely WITHOUT logic, even if by itself it is not completely pure logic. i talked about this in the chat with Pedro, however the conversation ended with us both having to think about stuff, though it was prolly just on the tip of pedro's tongue.

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    logic is not the result of using one function, it is the result of balancing the use of several functions. as always, balance is key.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  13. #13
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent. "

    Example? You have a large set to work with, so I'm sure you can provide one.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    logic is not the result of using one function, it is the result of balancing the use of several functions. as always, balance is key.
    I think that natural intelligence is something you are born with, whether or not that has to do with functions isn't my topic in this thread. Part of that is what i mean when i say one "uses logic". Here i'm not talking about an ability but a structure, and i'll talk about that more when i respond to tranny's comments. *working*

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  16. #16
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your avatar is revolting, Tranny.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    okay transigent, so what type are you?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  20. #20
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    From what I have personally seen, I think that has more connection with actual intellegence then any other function.
    Now you'd accuse me of being -phobic, but I have actually observed the opposite.

    Anyway, I agree with the rest of your post, except for

    If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent.
    The opposite is true. Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  21. #21
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    [

    Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    FDG you are sooo OFFFFF base here that it isn't even funy, sorry.

    Your statement can be proved to be logically inconsistent itself, in fact such a proof splled the end of the fabled and scary 'PRINCIPIA MATHEMATICA' :wink:
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  22. #22
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    _________________
    INTp
    Another one bitesthe dust: INTP then?

    Behold Dioklecian, the master typist
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  23. #23
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    [

    Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    FDG you are sooo OFFFFF base here that it isn't even funy, sorry.

    Your statement can be proved to be logically inconsistent itself, in fact such a proof splled the end of the fabled and scary 'PRINCIPIA MATHEMATICA' :wink:


    If you prove my statement to be logically inconsistent, you'll still follow the law of causality in all your actions, since you will act purposefully with an outcome in your mind i.e. disproving my assertion. Therefore, you'll prove my point in disproving it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  24. #24
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    [

    Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    FDG you are sooo OFFFFF base here that it isn't even funy, sorry.

    Your statement can be proved to be logically inconsistent itself, in fact such a proof splled the end of the fabled and scary 'PRINCIPIA MATHEMATICA' :wink:


    If you prove my statement to be logically inconsistent, you'll still follow the law of causality in all your actions, since you will act purposefully with an outcome in your mind i.e. disproving my assertion. Therefore, you'll prove my point in disproving it.
    Nope
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  25. #25
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    [

    Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    FDG you are sooo OFFFFF base here that it isn't even funy, sorry.

    Your statement can be proved to be logically inconsistent itself, in fact such a proof splled the end of the fabled and scary 'PRINCIPIA MATHEMATICA' :wink:


    If you prove my statement to be logically inconsistent, you'll still follow the law of causality in all your actions, since you will act purposefully with an outcome in your mind i.e. disproving my assertion. Therefore, you'll prove my point in disproving it.
    Nope
    Ok, I'm right, thanks.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  26. #26
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    [

    Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    FDG you are sooo OFFFFF base here that it isn't even funy, sorry.

    Your statement can be proved to be logically inconsistent itself, in fact such a proof splled the end of the fabled and scary 'PRINCIPIA MATHEMATICA' :wink:


    If you prove my statement to be logically inconsistent, you'll still follow the law of causality in all your actions, since you will act purposefully with an outcome in your mind i.e. disproving my assertion. Therefore, you'll prove my point in disproving it.
    Nope
    Ok, I'm right, thanks.
    Logical proofs don't work that way, its' a process of discovery, not a legal argument.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  28. #28
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Yes! Metaphysical discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent.
    The opposite is true. Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Prove it!
    The fact that we're speaking means that we know that if we click on the submit button, we'll post on the forum. That's the proof.


    If you say everything has a cause, I agree. But where do the causes come from?

    Eventually you gonna reach a point where there has to be a causeless cause. That is at least one logical inconsistency.
    I concede on the first cause argument, but it's far from your first claim of nonexistence of logical consistency.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  29. #29
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Yes! Metaphysical discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent.
    The opposite is true. Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Prove it!
    The fact that we're speaking means that we know that if we click on the submit button, we'll post on the forum. That's the proof.


    If you say everything has a cause, I agree. But where do the causes come from?

    Eventually you gonna reach a point where there has to be a causeless cause. That is at least one logical inconsistency.
    I concede on the first cause argument, but it's far from your first claim of nonexistence of logical consistency.
    FDG there is an actual mathematical proof of my point, read the history of Principia Mathematica, I will send you the theorem if I find it.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  30. #30
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Yes! Metaphysical discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent.
    The opposite is true. Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Prove it!
    The fact that we're speaking means that we know that if we click on the submit button, we'll post on the forum. That's the proof.


    If you say everything has a cause, I agree. But where do the causes come from?

    Eventually you gonna reach a point where there has to be a causeless cause. That is at least one logical inconsistency.
    I concede on the first cause argument, but it's far from your first claim of nonexistence of logical consistency.
    FDG there is an actual mathematical proof of my point, read the history of Principia Mathematica, I will send you the theorem if I find it.
    I KNOW the problem of the set of all sets that are not elements of themselves etc etc but that's not what I'm speaking about.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  32. #32
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    The fact that we're speaking means that we know that if we click on the submit button, we'll post on the forum. That's the proof.
    Something happening doesn't mean that it is logically consistent.

    I concede on the first cause argument, but it's far from your first claim of nonexistence of logical consistency.
    Well, if you claim that everything is consistent, then I can choose anything in the world, accept your assumption on things being logically consistent, draw the consistency back to that first point, and prove a contradiction.
    1/The behaviour of your browser must be logically consistent otherwise you wouldn't know that if you clikc on the submit button you'll post.


    2/You did disprove my assertion by pointing out a logical inconsistency, but this doesn not mean that everything is logically inconsistent, since my example of one thing being consistent disproves your point.


    P.S. I ask for a clarification. Do you, for logically consistent, mean that P(X)=1?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  34. #34
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    1/The behaviour of your browser must be logically consistent otherwise you wouldn't know that if you clikc on the submit button you'll post.
    You assume something has to be logically consistent to work.

    I point to the "first cause" to prove that something does not have to be logically consistent to work.
    Gotcha now. You're right here. It's not a necessary assumption.

    How can you prove that anything is consistent?

    I can prove one instance of inconsistency, but I don't know if one instance of consistency can be proven at all!
    Given that your point up here was correct, than you're correct here, too.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  35. #35
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Yes! Metaphysical discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent.
    The opposite is true. Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Prove it!
    The fact that we're speaking means that we know that if we click on the submit button, we'll post on the forum. That's the proof.


    If you say everything has a cause, I agree. But where do the causes come from?

    Eventually you gonna reach a point where there has to be a causeless cause. That is at least one logical inconsistency.
    I concede on the first cause argument, but it's far from your first claim of nonexistence of logical consistency.
    FDG there is an actual mathematical proof of my point, read the history of Principia Mathematica, I will send you the theorem if I find it.
    I KNOW the problem of the set of all sets that are not elements of themselves etc etc but that's not what I'm speaking about.
    Me neither, its' exactly the poit you had, the world is NOT rational, it only seems that way to you. REad Jung, he makes these points too.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  36. #36
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Yes! Metaphysical discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    If you think about it, "Logic" in the pure form is impossible to apply to anything but Logic itself (e.g. mathematics, etc.) Absolutely NOTHING in reality is totally logically consistent.
    The opposite is true. Everything is logically consistent ESPECIALLY in reality, since it follows the law of causality.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Prove it!
    The fact that we're speaking means that we know that if we click on the submit button, we'll post on the forum. That's the proof.


    If you say everything has a cause, I agree. But where do the causes come from?

    Eventually you gonna reach a point where there has to be a causeless cause. That is at least one logical inconsistency.
    I concede on the first cause argument, but it's far from your first claim of nonexistence of logical consistency.
    FDG there is an actual mathematical proof of my point, read the history of Principia Mathematica, I will send you the theorem if I find it.
    I KNOW the problem of the set of all sets that are not elements of themselves etc etc but that's not what I'm speaking about.
    Me neither, its' exactly the poit you had, the world is NOT rational, it only seems that way to you. REad Jung, he makes these points too.
    I'm not buying that there is a difference between what the world is an what it seems to me and all the other people, since it's an useless assumption.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  37. #37
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    God damn it, how can you be rational and keep that opinion in a forum about 16 DIFFERENT types and 8 functions, and rational and irrational types etc?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  39. #39
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    This thread is a good example of the pointlessness of logic, and how there is no ultimate truth in logic whatsoever. It should be used as just another tool.

    Principa Mathematica!? No. Wasn't that a failed attempt to do the very same thing? Deduce some sort of completely consistent something or other?

    Remember this guy?

    Exactly, the austrian INTJ
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •