Thread: Relationship Thought (/Self-Involved Rantings)

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Relationship Thought (/Self-Involved Rantings)

I'm selfish. I find that the degree to which I like people is based largely if not entirely upon the degree to which I like the self that I can be around them. If I have to be fake and silly with people, I don't like them very much, or at least I'm not very interested in them, although I might be somewhat comfortable around them (which only means that the persona they get is fairly similar to my actual self and that I've been performing it long enough to feel comfortable with it). Whereas the people I really like are people who I can be completely (or near-completely) open and non-fake with. The more genuine I am around people, the more I like the people themselves. What do you think about this? Self-centered? Type-related?

Also, I need to hunt down some SLEs. I'm feeling rather Se-starved. Or maybe this whole need to be self-directed is depleting my stock faster than I can replenish it. Or maybe my general depressive malaise has nothing to do with socionics! (this seems like the likely answer.) I'm seriously thinking about visitng the counseling people at my school. Sigh.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Or maybe my general depressive malaise has nothing to do with socionics!
    Even so, spending more time around SLEs would probably help, if only by counterbalancing it with something good.

As for your first paragraph: Probably everyone is like that, but which people you can be yourself around would be type-related.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

hey don't talk to the counseling people! they are gonna stamp ya!

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Even so, spending more time around SLEs would probably help, if only by counterbalancing it with something good.

As for your first paragraph: Probably everyone is like that, but which people you can be yourself around would be type-related.
    Alright then, where do I find these SLEs? The only thing I do is singing and theater, and there are surprisingly few SLEs in either, at least on my campus. There are some probable betas in one of my discussion classes, but now that it's sophomore year and friendships are settled, it's harder to pursue new friends without an explicit reason to hang out.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I'm selfish. I find that the degree to which I like people is based largely if not entirely upon the degree to which I like the self that I can be around them. If I have to be fake and silly with people, I don't like them very much, or at least I'm not very interested in them, although I might be somewhat comfortable around them (which only means that the persona they get is fairly similar to my actual self and that I've been performing it long enough to feel comfortable with it). Whereas the people I really like are people who I can be completely (or near-completely) open and non-fake with. The more genuine I am around people, the more I like the people themselves. What do you think about this? Self-centered? Type-related?

Also, I need to hunt down some SLEs. I'm feeling rather Se-starved. Or maybe this whole need to be self-directed is depleting my stock faster than I can replenish it. Or maybe my general depressive malaise has nothing to do with socionics! (this seems like the likely answer.) I'm seriously thinking about visitng the counseling people at my school. Sigh.
    agreed, sc!! Same here. (well, minus the depressive malaise. but I do need more SLEs in my life)

and, I don't think the need to be genuine is type-related at all. I think everyone has that need, whether they realize it or not. I don't think it's self-centered either. It's just... natural. I mean, there's no need to judge it. It just is. (there. that's something an SLE might say. heh)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with Brilliand and Redbaron. I don't think its type related. I think almost everyone has thoughts like that from time to time.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP