Thread: VI Famous People in History!!!

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation VI Famous People in History!!!

Try to type or name as many as you can:

These guys are mental giants with huge egos and equally vast subconscious abilities,
    so the accepting and demonstrating functions of each one should be quite obvious...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know any of them except edgar allan poe and maybe huxley on the bottom row?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I don't really know any of them except edgar allan poe and maybe huxley on the bottom row?
    No Huxley...I guess Poe was pretty obvious, but you forgot to type him

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post

These guys are mental giants with huge egos and equally vast subconscious abilities,
    so the accepting and demonstrating functions of each one should be quite obvious...
    Salvador Dalí (EIE) , ? , ?, Peter Tchaikovsky (merry + intuitive)
    ?, ?, Poe, ?
    An economist, ?, ?, Woodrow Wilson (LII)
    ?, ?, ?, ?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ?, ?, Poe, ?
    ?, ?, ?, ?
    An economist? THE economist
    ...ILE!
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ?, ?, Poe, ?
    ?, ?, ?, ?
    close, I got EIE for Poe, IEI for Tchaikovsky, & SLE for Dali...

I also got ESE for Wilson

here is a hint as to how I typed them,
    which you may or may not want to use:

the ISFs are famous generals
    the ENTs are famous philosophers
    the ESFs are famous politicians
    the INTs are famous economists
    the ENFs are famous poets
    the ISTs are famous physicists
    the INFs are famous composers
    the ESTs are famous artists

good luck!

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Row 2
    Column 4

I don't recognize him, but looks like Ron Dennis (Former team manager: McLaren Formula 1)

ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to the right of Poe? the guy you posted is ILI and looks nothing like him.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salvador Dali (EIE), someone, someone, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (IEI, brilliant composer)
    Someone, someone, Edgar Allan Poe (a relative of mine, amazing poet, and an IEI), someone
    John Maynard Keynes (ILE, notorious peddler of poppycock), Friedrich Hayek (LII), someone, Woodrow Wilson (LII, and quite possibly America's worst President - we had no business intervening in World War I)
    Someone, someone, maybe William Tecumseh Sherman? (SLE if so, and a genocidal maniac), Robert E. Lee (ESI)

Note that I'm not yet very knowledgeable on VI, my opinions on the types of these individuals stem mostly from the historical record of their lives rather than the expressions they convey in these pictures.

Speaking of Keynes and Hayek, this video should be hilarious and of interest:

Last edited by CloudCuckooLander; 10-20-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas pčre)

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    Salvador Dali (EIE), someone, someone, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (IEI, brilliant composer)
    Someone, someone, Edgar Allan Poe (a relative of mine, amazing poet, and an IEI), someone
    John Maynard Keynes (ILE, notorious peddler of poppycock), Friedrich Hayek (LII), someone, Woodrow Wilson (LII, and quite possibly America's worst President - we had no business intervening in World War I)
    Someone, someone, maybe William Tecumseh Sherman? (SLE if so, and a genocidal maniac), Robert E. Lee (ESI)
    How are you related to Poe? I think I agree with your typings so far (the pictures I looked at were pretty misleading but I found some pictures of the candidates talking with other people, which were a lot more revealing). I guess Milton Friedman would make a pretty good ILI...for a NiFe you certainly seem to dislike historical -creatives Also, I am curious to hear what you think of my other typings...M C Escher LSE, Franz Liszt EII, Enrico Fermi SLI, Werner Heisenberg LSI, E E Cummings IEE, Henry Cabot Lodge SEE, Karl Popper LIE, Thomas Kuhn ILE...and thanks for posting!
    Last edited by Nexus; 10-21-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you related to Poe? I think I agree with your typings so far (the pictures I looked at were pretty misleading but I found some pictures of the candidates talking with other people, which were a lot more revealing). I guess Milton would make a pretty good ILI...for a NiFe you certainly seem to dislike historical -creatives Also, I am curious to hear what you think of my other typings...Escher LSE, Liszt EII, Fermi SLI, Heisenberg LSI, Cummings IEE, Lodge SEE, Popper LIE, Kuhn ILE...and thanks for posting!
    I'm related to Poe through the Arnold family of London of which a branch immigrated to Baltimore, his mother being a member of that branch.

I dislike genocide and deficit spending. I love my duals, especially sexy SLE women, but they have a deep and blatant dark side - then again, IEIs have our own dark side to cope with.

I'm not familiar with the others, but M. C. Escher strikes me as another EIE - certainly an ego type. Franz Liszt, I definitely agree on EII - the man was practically a living EII stereotype (amazing composer too, though his personal life was hilariously delusional - he was born and raised in Austria, of entirely Austrian descent... yet considered himself Hungarian for... some reason that I don't think we'll ever know). Enrico Fermi, I'd actually have guessed some form of Alpha NT, ILE more likely than LII. E. E. Cummings was definitely a Delta NF, IEE seems the best bet. Henry Cabot Lodge does seem to be some form of -dominant, and I'd wager SEE is indeed the most likely type for him. Karl Popper, I certainly agree on LIE - his obsession with empirical falsification was ridiculously and annoyingly .
    Last edited by CloudCuckooLander; 10-21-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Ack, didn't know you meant E. E. Cummings by "Cummings" and Henry Cabot Lodge by "Lodge" - I am indeed familiar with them
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas pčre)

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    I'm related to Poe through the Arnold family of London of which a branch immigrated to Baltimore, his mother being a member of that branch.

I dislike genocide and deficit spending. I love my duals, especially sexy SLE women, but they have a deep and blatant dark side - then again, IEIs have our own dark side to cope with.

I'm not familiar with the others, but M. C. Escher strikes me as another EIE - certainly an ego type. Franz Liszt, I definitely agree on EII - the man was practically a living EII stereotype (amazing composer too, though his personal life was hilariously delusional - he was born and raised in Austria, of entirely Austrian descent... yet considered himself Hungarian for... some reason that I don't think we'll ever know). Enrico Fermi, I'd actually have guessed some form of Alpha NT, ILE more likely than LII. E. E. Cummings was definitely a Delta NF, IEE seems the best bet. Henry Cabot Lodge does seem to be some form of -dominant, and I'd wager SEE is indeed the most likely type for him. Karl Popper, I certainly agree on LIE - his obsession with empirical falsification was ridiculously and annoyingly .
    That is very interesting (deep down I think that all the history that has ever really made a difference to me I learned from -INFps).
    Here is a video of Escher that caused me to conclude LSE but perhaps he is not (EIE seems plausible too)...

I was always sure Heisenberg was LSI just from reading about him (he was very nationalistic and liked to hike in the mountains), but this video confirmed it for me...

I typed Fermi SLI based on the fact that when he was young he preferred to disassemble and reassemble machinery and otherwise has very SLI expressions,
    but short clips (1:01, 1:30) in this video seem to reveal that those expressions are merely a subconscious repellent intended for ESIs...