Thread: Unintential Exclusion of Key Words In Written Sentences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unintential Exclusion of Key Words In Written Sentences

It seems that there are certain people who consistently leave out key words in their written sentences. Only after reading over said sentence many times over does it become clear that a word or more is, in fact, missing. Is this something others have noticed as being related to the order of cognitive functions?

**Unintentional** That is. Jeez.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think those with logical or ethical base functions (in other words rational types) are more careful about their wording and more likely to check it over before submitting so they're probably less likely to unintentionally omit words.

Logical rational types, are well aware that omitting one word can totally change the overall logical meaning. Ethical rational types are well aware that words convey emotions and omitting just one word can totally change the emotional meaning.

My theory is with irrational types, they are somehow more concerned with the overall context and less concerned about the individual words themselves. They use the overall context to get the logical or emotional meaning and omission of a word or two is less of big deal to them so maybe they are less likely to check over their writing before submission and therefore more likely to make unintentional omissions.

I could be totally wrong here though.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been doing this a lot lately, but I usually catch them and fix them(I think).
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find myself doing it intentionally at times as a means of adding an unexpected charm to the writing. When I focus on expressing myself accurately I rarely make that kind of omission, though.

Spelling and grammar mistakes I largely can't be bothered with checking for.

Creepy-bg

I do it constantly. I think that half of it is because I tend to write the way the way that I talk, and the other half are the holes in my brain where the meth used to be.

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do this alot too. i think my brain just runs too far ahead for my hand to keep up.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    My theory is with irrational types, they are somehow more concerned with the overall context and less concerned about the individual words themselves. They use the overall context to get the logical or emotional meaning and omission of a word or two is less of big deal to them so maybe they are less likely to check over their writing before submission and therefore more likely to make unintentional omissions.
    Don't you mean less of a big deal?

and here I am the irrational and you the rational...

I notice grammar mistakes all the time, in my own writing and in others'. Often I purposely misuse punctuation to make the written word better match the spoken word (commas for pauses, etc.). Spelling errors are rare, except in the case of typos (like yours above) which I will usually catch with careful proofreading (though there are times when I do not bother to proofread). If I'm not sure how to spell a word, I will look it up (or at least point out in my writing that I'm not sure how to spell the word).
    Last edited by pianosinger; 10-19-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: fixed a typo :p
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Don't you mean less of a big deal?

and here I am the irrational and you the rational...

I notice grammar mistakes all the time, in my own writing and in others'. Often I purposely misuse punctuation to make the written word better match the spoken word (commas for pauses, etc.). Spelling errors are rare, except in the case of typos (like yours above) which I will usually catch with careful proofreading (though there are times when I do not bother to proofread). If I'm not sure how to spell a word, I will look it up (or at least point out in my writing that I'm not sure how to spell the word).
    Yeah, I did mean less of a big deal. The word "a" isn't exactly an important keyword so I tend to let omissions like that slide.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP