Thread: Teach Me How to Work

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Teach Me How to Work

Okay, so I used to be hella driven and I got shit done at work and at school and in the surrounding environs. But these days I am getting nothing done whatsoever. Like, that old stereotype of "IEIs work ethic depends on his/her mood at the time" is happening to me. This is somewhat ameliorated when I'm around my LSI father or my SLE roommate (even if only by placebo effect, which it probably is), but my father is in Dallas and my roommate spends the vast majority of his time twenty blocks away at his girlfriend's. So, um, yeah. Help me out. How do I work harder and get more shit done. Do I need to start believing that it's

Also, further in the I-piss-and-moan-about-my-life category, I am actually succeeding in learning how to flirt. Points up for that. But now I am realizing that flirting only takes you so far, and eventually you have to actually ask a girl a) for a phone number, b) for a date. Points down for that.

So, yeah, talk to me. Fix my problems with your words. I know you can do it, beta quadra. I have faith in you. lol.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Okay, so I used to be hella driven and I got shit done at work and at school and in the surrounding environs. But these days I am getting nothing done whatsoever. Like, that old stereotype of "IEIs work ethic depends on his/her mood at the time" is happening to me. This is somewhat ameliorated when I'm around my LSI father or my SLE roommate (even if only by placebo effect, which it probably is), but my father is in Dallas and my roommate spends the vast majority of his time twenty blocks away at his girlfriend's. So, um, yeah. Help me out. How do I work harder and get more shit done. Do I need to start believing that it's

Also, further in the I-piss-and-moan-about-my-life category, I am actually succeeding in learning how to flirt. Points up for that. But now I am realizing that flirting only takes you so far, and eventually you have to actually ask a girl a) for a phone number, b) for a date. Points down for that.

So, yeah, talk to me. Fix my problems with your words. I know you can do it, beta quadra. I have faith in you. lol.
    First up, why do you want to get more work done? Are you just not getting enough done to pass? I'd set the bar low, just focus on passing. One step at a time. That's how I'm getting through my stuff, just barely. Of course, I have some degree of depression affecting things, so that may not be useful advice for you. (Also, counselling is your friend. Seriously. Talk to them. If they don't think there's anything wrong they'll say so. Apparently I'm fucked right the hell up though )

As for flirting, just maintain your manhood. If you're flirting, you're doing it right. Or so I hear, fucked if I've ever been in the head of a woman. Let the extraverts do the work of initiating contact. Sit and have a good think about what you naturally want to do in the chasing department. Then do THAT. Society is a crock of shit, and frankly, so is Socionics.

In the latest YAIPBT (Yet Another IP BitchThread, pronounced "Yaipbait" (for your health!)), craizymaizy said something excellent, along the lines of "make your IP temperament work for you". Understand what it means to be an IP, and embrace that. Trying to bend yourself out of shape or do unnatural things is only going to make you stressed and unhappy and unable to do anything. Believe me.

So basically...

ADAPT TO THAT MOTHERFUCKER. YOU'RE IP. YOU'RE THE WATER TEMPERAMENT. FUCKERS CAN'T BREAK YOUR SHIT AND IF THEY GET ALL UP IN YO GRILLE YOU JUST CALMY FLOW RIGHT THE FUCK AROUND THEIR AGGRESSIVE SUMBITCH ASS. Shi'.

Okay.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may not want to hear from an LIE , but I'll just give my thoughts and you can do whatever you want with it.

Imo, the best way to get something done is to focus on why it's important to you. What do you get out of it? It may take a couple step to get to that thing of value, but if you can focus on it well enough and if it's valuable or important enough it should get you more focused. Then break up what you have to do into smaller parts. Make it less intimidating. Maybe just start with some prep work, and just focus on doing that. Then just take it one piece at a time. And as you do each piece maybe even think about how doing that one piece is valuable to the whole.

If you find the whole thing to be of no value, then don't do it, but don't be too quick to dismiss something like that. Really think about how it can be valuable. If it's really not valuable and not important you shouldn't feel bad for not doing it. However, if you do feel bad about it, chances are it's more important than you're letting yourself believe.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Imagine the worst case scenario of never working and failing school and imagining how girls like a guy who works, has money, and has an education. The more you work at stuff, the more sexy points you get. But that is also Te from my end and you might find it to be totally useless in that it sounds monotonous and unintentionally patronizing.
    See, when I do that it makes me want to just give up on life. And in fact I have on multiple occasions during this year of university.

Isn't Te PoLR about being plagued by "I have to be successful for women to love me"?

EDIT

But again, some measure of depression to deal with, so, yeah.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Everyone in this thread has been surprisingly helpful. Thanks everybody. Keep replying, por favor.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand if he fails finding the right job/career then his skepticism begins to take over as he asks himself, “Why is all of this necessary? Nothing good can come of this…” He cannot even force himself to meet the bare minimum expectations, and may lead to serious repercussions such as being dismissed from work or dropping out of college/university… In such cases he feels helpless to do anything and irrationality leaves him at difficulty even to meet the minimum needs for survival.
    *keeps looking for socionics excuses*

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hardly the most disciplined person on earth, but this might help:

Take the buddhist approach. Start by removing distractions and mastubatory pursuits, then fill up the vaccuum with activities that help you towards your long term goals.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I'm hardly the most disciplined person on earth, but this might help:

Take the buddhist approach. Start by removing distractions and mastubatory pursuits, then fill up the vaccuum with activities that help you towards your long term goals.
    Can't go cold turkey on your desires either. Best to taper them off over several weeks or months and motivate yourself with something really moving, like my poetry will spread awareness of millions dying horrible deaths overseas or something idk whatever gets your motor running or whatever they say

it's like eating good for or something; once you are accustomed to it, what was pleasurable before will no longer have the same effect. Probably because it was done in procrastination's sake in the first place anyway and no longer serves its purpose when you have overcome that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually need to stay away from any computers to get anything done in life. The temptation to start browsing and googling stuff is just too strong.

Kinda sucky when a lot of the work you do involves programming.

Working together with people is also a great way to increase productivity. Check on eachother's progress and hold eachother to eachother's responsibilities.