Thread: IEEs-ENFps could you be described as bossy?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default IEEs-ENFps could you be described as bossy?

Do you think you could be described as bossy?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely not. In positions of leadership I try my best to make sure everybody gets their own say and that everybody's happy with how things are run.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ This is my impression too, i'm curious as there's someone I know who may be IEE, but I find the bossyness of the person makes me consider SEE or even SLE the more that I interact with them.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well most people dont and my constant criticism from them is that i need to be more assertive. However, my EII sister has called me bossy at times.

Maybe we're bossy to Se-POLRs...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody has ever described me as such as far as I remember
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Definitely not. In positions of leadership I try my best to make sure everybody gets their own say and that everybody's happy with how things are run.
    The bossy ones are always the last to know.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    The bossy ones are always the last to know.
    What ever happened to trust

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you guys obviously didn't notice slackermom running around chasing Marista and other newbies telling them to RTFM or the fact Thomas Huxely was called "Darwin's Bulldog" and was famous for being intellectually combative.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they could be described as advising, which can be taken as bossy.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I think they could be described as advising, which can be taken as bossy.
    I would say EIIs are also advising, but IME they tend to not come across as bossy as IEEs.

I think simply because they are extroverts they have a habit of wanting to set the stage in some way.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    Well, you guys obviously didn't notice slackermom running around chasing Marista and other newbies telling them to RTFM or the fact Thomas Huxely was called "Darwin's Bulldog" and was famous for being intellectually combative.
    Oh i can get plenty snappy when i'm being fed inaccurate info or accuracy is at stake (such as when directions aren't clear). An LII I work with was recently subject to this. I felt bad about it afterwards, and I apologized and all is good now. But i definitely was being a little mean, looking back. it was extremely irritating at the time.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say EIIs are also advising, but IME they tend to not come across as bossy as IEEs.

I think simply because they are extroverts they have a habit of wanting to set the stage in some way.
    I think it might be because EIIs are Fi-dom whereas IEEs are Fi-creative.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I think it might be because EIIs are Fi-dom whereas IEEs are Fi-creative.
    1000 posts, yay!

I would say it's related to whether or not the IEE or EII is a Ne subtype.

On a related note, lately I've been going back to putting my faith in the dominate/creative subtype theory.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. Actually most types are advising in some shape or form, but I think you're right that IEEs, among others, do tend come off bossy sometimes. It might just be extroverts in general.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I can be bossy. Sometimes I can be blunt. It's not a constant state, though. It's usually when people seem to be waffling over something.
    IEE

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is as much about territory as Se is, just not the physical type of territory.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Ne is as much about territory as Se is, just not the physical type of territory.
    What kind, then? (Just curious what you think.)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    What kind, then? (Just curious what you think.)
    It's territory in the realm of ideas

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 posts, yay!

I would say it's related to whether or not the IEE or EII is a Ne subtype.

On a related note, lately I've been going back to putting my faith in the dominate/creative subtype theory.
    Really? u think so?

I was thinking along the lines of Fi-dominant primarily being focused on maintaining the relationship, whereas an Fi-creative is willing to adjust the relationship bond as Ne dictates. So the Fi creative is more likely to start being bossy because at that moment the IEE isn't feeling too friendly (i know that's happened to me, say when someone is giving me a runaround or isn't answering my question properly, like pretending to know the answer when they really dont, etc)

But yeah now that i think about it, that's sort of what you said just in terms of Ne-subtypes, no? If you had something else in mind, explain...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's to say that INFjs can't be bossy? Fi isn't about "relationships," it's a view of the world that encompasses everything about the Fi valuer. Besides, the current ISFj stereotype is the self-righteous bitch who demands that others conform to her sense of morality. If nothing else, Se/Ni valuing is gonna come across as bossy to Ne/Si valuers solely due to Se/Ni valuers being in a more constant state of physical motivation/alertness.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Who's to say that INFjs can't be bossy? Fi isn't about "relationships," it's a view of the world that encompasses everything about the Fi valuer. Besides, the current ISFj stereotype is the self-righteous bitch who demands that others conform to her sense of morality. If nothing else, Se/Ni valuing is gonna come across as bossy to Ne/Si valuers solely due to Se/Ni valuers being in a more constant state of physical motivation/alertness.
    Nobody said INFj's cant be bossy. The observation we're discussing is that when juxtaposing an EII and an IEE, the IEE will overall appear slightly bossier more often than the EII. Which ime does ring true. And apparently a few others' experiences here as well.

And i disagree with you. Fi is about relationships, in addition to what you said. Fi = static feelings about someone which essentially equates to one's relationship to someone. It doesn't have to be any defined sort of relationship as in the colloquial sense of the word.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody said INFj's cant be bossy. The observation we're discussing is that when juxtaposing an EII and an IEE, the IEE will overall appear slightly bossier more often than the EII. Which ime does ring true. And apparently a few others' experiences here as well.
    Well I would argue that ENFps being "bossier" than INFjs would have to do more with Ep vs Ij temperament, and not so much the functions at hand (seeing as how they share valued IEs). As extroverts, ENFps have much greater focus on the world around them. As such they're probably more willing to have a vision come to life in the real world, whereas the Ij temperament would be more prone to creating a sense of complacency in how things are.

And i disagree with you. Fi is about relationships, in addition to what you said. Fi = static feelings about someone which essentially equates to one's relationship to someone. It doesn't have to be any defined sort of relationship as in the colloquial sense of the word.
    Sure this is part of Fi for a lot of people, but I wouldn't say that it's the very basic definition that encompasses all of internal field statics. To me, Fi seems equally applicable to a stuffed animal or the weather or an idea or anything else that could possibly exist, and limiting it to just people seems demeaning to the range it can function in. You can think of it like a sort of "magnetism," and everything that exists around you, regardless of its state of animation, is polarized for avoidance/attraction.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? u think so?
    Tbh I really wasn't arguing with you on the matter but rather just responding to you whilst changing my mind on the subtype issue. Hence why what I've said in this thread is a contradiction of sorts.

So the Fi creative is more likely to start being bossy because at that moment the IEE isn't feeling too friendly
    My position is that the behaviour you mentioned (that I've quoted) for Fi-cre more reflects weak or less dominant Fi in the dom/cre subtype system. Where Ne in terms of will wins out over Fi. In general I see Fi (whether creative or dominate) to be the more calming and less combative element compared to Ne simply due to type and element descriptions describing them as so.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I really wasn't arguing with you on the matter but rather just responding to you whilst changing my mind on the subtype issue. Hence why what I've said in this thread is a contradiction of sorts.

My position is that the behaviour you mentioned (that I've quoted) for Fi-cre more reflects weak or less dominant Fi in the dom/cre subtype system. Where Ne in terms of will wins out over Fi. In general I see Fi (whether creative or dominate) to be the more calming and less combative element compared to Ne simply due to type and element descriptions describing them as so.
    Indeed, that's exactly what i meant!!! But i feel it can be similar with SEEs too, it's just that Se wins out over Fi.

When i said Fi-creative I didn't mean that the bossiness comes from that particular IM, I mean that the dominant function takes priority.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was was pretty bossy with my siblings growing up, but then I was the eldest...I wasn't bossy with my friends, though.

I'm trying really really hard not to be a nag with my husband, but sometimes that's what it takes to get him moving (being Ni-base).
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you