Thread: Do you have the easiest time identifying your identicals?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Do you have the easiest time identifying your identicals?

Compared to other types do you find it easier or harder to spot your identicals? Or do you not find it any easier or harder compared to other types?

I seem to have an easier time identifying identicals compared to most other types. I easily notice when someone has thought or speech patterns or mannerisms eerily similar to my own. That person is likely to be my identical. If they aren't similar to me in these regards, then they are probably not my identical but I still have 15 more types to sort through.

I have a harder time identifying my dual compared to other types. There's a lot of people I have high confidence that they are ESFx, but its harder for me to determine if they are ESFj or ESFp for some reason. It's important too because the former is my dual and the latter is my conflictor.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have an easy time identifying LSEs, EIIs, EIEs, SLEs, SEEs, ESEs, and LIIs.

I have a difficult time identifying ESIs.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have thought it would be the other way around, maybe.

While we may perceive people as being really similar/dissimilar to ourselves, we're the only ones that can't literally see ourselves.

If we're ID-ing by external looks/patterns/mannerisms, finding someone "identical" to ourselves might be kinda tricky.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was this one guy who was sitting at a table across fro mine at a restaurant. I couldn't stop looking over at him because the way he moved and acted was eerily similar to the way I do and he kinda looked like me too. I never got a chance to interact with him, but it was really strange. I cant even describe it.

more on topic.. I've only identified one possible LIE. So.. yeah. Actually now that Ithink about it one of professors is probably LIE as well. Idk that I have a hard time identifying them, I just don't find them very often.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I just don't find them very often.
    I don't find LIEs very often, either.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've worked alongside a few identicals. I was able to recognize our similarities instantly. But after just a few interactions, especially in the case of one in particular, we seemed to develop a huge sense of competition between us. We both would make similar comments, dressed uncannily alike..it was annoying after a while and though we both felt comfortable sharing our outlooks on life to eachother..I always felt she would stab me in the back given the chance and vice versa. Sad, but I never trust my identicals with tmi....ha, wonder what that says about me...shit.

The hardest for me to spot are IEEs.
    Last edited by blackburry; 10-15-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, there are always IEEs around. I recognize them easily. Usually I don't feel competition. Instead I feel a sort of "I get what you're doing and why" feeling.

However, all IEEs are different. Some really annoy me. Others are awesome!

I see them on TV shows a lot also. Especially on those shows where people are looking to buy a home. It's usually either ESTps or ENFps on those shows looking to buy a home.

Many of my clients are also ENFps, which I like because I know what they need.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-male

My identicals and kindred tend to be the types that leap out at me the fastest.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy: SEE, ESE, EII

Difficult: all NT types, ESI

also people in my own quadra because i have little experience with them. aside from one IEI, my French teacher. i only stayed in that class all 4 years of high school for her, she was absolutely the best teacher i ever had. if i become a teacher, she's my inspiration.

sometimes IEEs can be difficult but sometimes they're very easy, Ne subtypes are easier for me to realize their types.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its weird with my identicals, i see the similarities right away but i end up comparing them to myself too much and getting confused when i see too many differences. i guess that means i probably over-identify with my type or something.

ESE is probably the type that jumps out at me the most quickly. i seem to have a blind spot with gamma NTs, i've typed one ILI (and a "maybe LIE"), ever.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

IMO, identicals are easy to spot, specially after chatting a little bit with them.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the hardest time spotting my identicals. I think this is because, when I interact with people, I'm noticing the differences between us, not the similarities. So if I meet an identical, I won't even notice.

I mean, I knew one EII for 6 years and didn't even know they were an EII until they tested as such. -_______-

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the dating website that you use, my dear Pipe?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-male

Dating site!? Oh shit, what happened to Parasite

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have no trouble in IRL life. Among people from public domain I do have a rather hard time identifying them.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Imagine someone that often when you see sleeping you feel like kissing, and laughing remembering all the silly things experienced together over the previous day(s). Not that easy at all.
    *puts on EIE mask*

If only you knew...

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say I have the easiest time identifying Beta NFs in general.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIEs and IEIs are really easy for me. SLEs are pretty easy, as are LSIs (usually). I can spot ILIs pretty quickly, but I never see LIEs, which means I'm probably mistyping. I can make fairly accurate guesses about SEEs, although I sometimes mistake them for SLIs, I think. I'm really good with ESEs. I'm super quick about those. I'm very sensitive to Fe, even Fe ego vs. Fe HA vs. Fe demonstrative. I wouldn't necessarily say that IEIs are the very easiest, as Fe is usually easier to spot than Ni, but they're pretty easy.

The only thing that confuses me is when people get along really well despite what I see as a negative intertype relation, but then I remember that my really good friends include an SLI, an EII, and that I get along well with my I-think-IEE mom (who might be EIE. I'm too close and too biased to judge accurately. I think an impartial observer might say EIE).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, once more you put me in the situation to realize that my rudimentary needs for privacy can emerge sometimes. Well, I will tell you this on e-mail, if you message me there.
    It's okay.

My attachment to Parasite is stronger than ever, so it's hard even to conceive that we could ever break-up, considering how things are evolving. Imagine someone that often when you see sleeping you feel like kissing, and laughing remembering all the silly things experienced together over the previous day(s). Not that easy at all.
    I'm happy for you, Pipe.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.