Thread: Jon and Kate Gosselin (Jon & Kate Plus 8)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jon & Kate

So have we typed them? What do you think? He's obviously Ip and she's obviously Ej....

Jon.... ISTp or ISFp
    Kate: ESTj?

??

It felt like Jon explained the basics/root of the split-up in terms of temperament. Basically he was too passive for most of the marriage and that once he stood up for himself, he felt proud of that. It really sounds like the split is more about him. Not knowing what he wants, not willing to be her minion any longer. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this "Jon & Kate plus 8" or whatever??

Sorry, I don't know much about them, the name of that show just stuck to me for some reason from years ago, back when I had Discovery Health, so it was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title. Though you could be talking about something else entirely, hmm.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp was my initial reaction to Jon. Interestingly enough, I thought Kate was most likely ESFj/ENFj. Definitely EJ though, I agree.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only seen the show a few times but i have to say that lady is a bitch and needs to be put in her place. I know you have to be organized to run that household but you don't have to tear apart your husband's manhood in the process.

As for types I think ESXj and ISXp is a good possiblity. I might lean ESTj and ISFp.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From my preliminary analysis, this is some sort of supervision relationship.

I'm pretty sure Kate is EIE, Jon might be ILI.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    From my preliminary analysis, this is some sort of supervision relationship.

I'm pretty sure Kate is EIE, Jon might be ILI.
    Actually, ILI might not be a bad typing for Jon. I still lean towards SLI, but I think XLI is more logical than SXI for him.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I could see Jon as ILI. I thought about Kate as ESFj but as she was talking, I realized she was reminding me of my EIE aunt. It was weird. Anyway, these are all good suggestions. And may I say, I don't think they're necessarily conflictors or supervisory (tho they may be). I think any relationship (probably outside of duality) can go this way given that they had twins and then sextuplets. Trust me, I've done the twin thing and even that can take a huge toll on a relationship. But sextuplets after twins is mind-boggling and I'd hardly expect any relationship to survive it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    I think it's 'cause Kate is overbearing, controlling, and orders Jon around, and not necessarily just because they're matched wrong. She shouldn't do that to anyone! Then again, maybe a different type wouldn't allow it?
    there are some types that might, shall we say, appreciate her direction a bit more. Ips definitely do not.

aren't all Ejs overbearing and controlling?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Malia, you're right. Everything you said there about yourself, applies to my husband also. Sorry about that!

but sometimes I do have the urge to describe him as "rigid" and "demanding", if only demanding in a sort of emotional way. Like demanding that we all have fun and that the kids don't fight and that life is outlined the way he wants it!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Cyclops

You sound like your views are pretty strong on the matter. Or should I say, they're well thought out, which I suppose in a round about way could be viewed as controlling in that you have a clear outlook, way if you will, to deal with such things. For myself, I don't know if I would have such things so well thought out, so maybe I am too go with the flow in that respect. To say, such a way of thinking things through isn't typically how I work things through. I just go with what is, which is maybe more..easy going? Of course it could just be lazy lol.

Oh, I apologise if what i'm writing is somehow wrong, and I mean no offence. It just kinda got me thinking, and this thread was at the top of the searching forums option, so I thought I would reply, even though for some reason I feel I should delete this post. Meh. IP thinking at it's best/worst, lol.

I also think you've got the correct outlook fwiw!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know exactly what you mean, Cyclops. I'm the same that way. I think it's just totally Ip. Go with the flow, easy going and partly lazy, yeah.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    No worries at all. Just wanted to clarify.

I think that I could be perceived the way you describe in the second paragraph above, sometimes without meaning to... :/ I have watched myself do, for example, too much commentary or describing of a situation as it happens as to almost suck the spontaneity out of it, all the while wishing it would be fun and spontaneous!!! This sucks. But very often I hold my tongue and things ARE fun. I will watch out to try to do this less especially hearing from you about it as an observer... ew. I hate that about me!!! :frown: This even sort of touches the way I think my type (or just me) has a tendency to describe my different relationships with people and then maybe emotionally bog them down with my complaints or demands (even if not specifically directed towards anyone else)... UGH. Gotta stop it and just let things be. *sigh*
    Oh, please don't get down on yourself! You gotta be who you are! don't worry about what Ips think. 'Specially since you got yourself an INTj!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Kate is an ESE and Jon is an SLI.
    Big-time supervision relationship!

Kate has weak (which makes her remarkably unfocused on the big picture and bossy) and Jon has weak (which made it so easy for him to get out of all of it)
    ENTp
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJB28 View Post

Kate has weak (which makes her remarkably unfocused on the big picture and bossy) and Jon has weak (which made it so easy for him to get out of all of it)
    Run Jon Run!!!
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've barely watched the show, but I've read a whole lot about it. There's no way in hell Jon is an ILI, but I do think SLI would be a good candidate. Running around allowing himself to be photographed with different girls immediately after they're split went public and his crying in one tabloid about how what the other tabloids were saying weren't true and denial that this is a "mid-life crisis" (DUH it's a mid-life crisis you idiot!) just goes to show PoLR to me. The complete lack of foresight shows a lack of also. An ILI would have forseen this fallout and avoided it, so I think LSI is a good guess.

As for Kate, I have no clue. Haven't watched enough to really have a guess. EIE could work. Definitely not ESE.

So what's LSI and EIE? Ah, Conflictors! Go figure!

My parents are LIE (dad) and SEI (mom) and you can see and feel the awkwardness, but then again they only had two kids and not EIGHT, and they made it work. A conflictor pair in a high stress environment like having eight kids is definitely not going to work long-term.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jon's general behavior, responses to things and demeanour in general does remind me of an SLI friend of mine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJB28 View Post

Well...I do think that Jon gave it good try. He did stick around for about eight years of abuse. (Not all Kate's fault, just a tough situation)

But I do think that once Jon decided he was done, it was done. I don't think he's coming back. If he's SLI, and I think he is, he will put up with much, but once the decision was made, Heaven and Earth won't turn him. He will always be in the lives of the kids, and no hard feelings in the end for Kate, but he's not going back to the way it was.

Jon and Kate Plus Eight Minus One.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Run Jon Run!!!
    haha that's exactly what my IEE mom said,
    maybe he is an SLI (I don't really watch the show so I don't know)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jon is a male version of myself. He is SLI. I also knew it was just a matter of time before they split...it seemed like a very one sided relationship and I have no idea why he'd marry that woman in the first place. Probobly one of those things where the woman pressures him into it and he does it to shut her up. Kate is the devil.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jon and Kate Gosselin (Jon & Kate Plus 8)

Jon & Kate Plus 8 : TLC

The now infamously and bitterly divorced parents of 8 - twins and sextuplets. Have never watched the show but have wondered what their types are. Anybody? Just Google and there's a ton of videos and images out there.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he seems kinda ISFp to me. Not sure about her, but maybe ENTp or ESTp.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a thread there with some people's opinions that is a little old: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-jon-kate.html

Ironically you posted in that thread lol.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops!

(I even searched too, just for gosselin though)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I merged.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
    Since the link to that other thread no longer seems to work...

what type is Kate?
    I think Kate is ESFj. I think Jon's ISXp.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see EIE for her.

In this clip of her on Dancing with the Stars, she doesn't seem able to "turn off" her mind when she is dancing, like everything is carefully calculated. It comes across on her face (the thinking about it) instead of her being more in tune with her body, so I can't see her being a Sensor.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see EIE. She was horrible on Dancing with the Stars, but I dunno that it rules out ESE. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    So have we typed them? What do you think? He's obviously Ip and she's obviously Ej....

Jon.... ISTp or ISFp
    Kate: ESTj?

??

It felt like Jon explained the basics/root of the split-up in terms of temperament. Basically he was too passive for most of the marriage and that once he stood up for himself, he felt proud of that. It really sounds like the split is more about him. Not knowing what he wants, not willing to be her minion any longer. lol
    She is an ENTp, I am guessing a 3. He is an ISFp, I am guessing a 9.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JadaeTheSupremePizza View Post

She is an ENTp
    She's Ej if there ever was one.
    IEI-Fe 4w3