View Poll Results: Strong functions of Words

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ne

    2 18.18%
  • Ni

    3 27.27%
  • Se

    3 27.27%
  • Si

    5 45.45%
  • Te

    7 63.64%
  • Ti

    2 18.18%
  • Fe

    2 18.18%
  • Fi

    2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Strong functions of Words

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Strong functions of Words

    What are my strongest functions?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edit: could a mod amend my poll to multiple options? I think I forgot to select it.

  3. #3
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Te, Si.

    Either way you are very likeable regardless of your strong functions.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Te, Si.

    Either way you are very likeable regardless of your strong functions.


    Thanks for that.

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fe role, Ne activation and Se demonstrative....in addition to Te and Si.

  6. #6
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Te, Si.

    Either way you are very likeable regardless of your strong functions.
    Agree. And obvious Fi-valuing.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  7. #7
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    He seems both quite insular + gusty to demonstrate usage of both Te and Si. I think any illusion of Fi-valuing may partly be derived on being somewhat opinionated while parodoxically being unaware that his views often don't hold up to the same level of scrutiny he seeks in the opinions of others.

    I think Se, Fe, and Ti could all be strong functions in him - as for Ni, that does not seem like such an easy function to detect.

    I notice that he apparently scored IEE on Rick's test, which is odd for a SLI, and that he has also scored SLI and IEI...on a Ganin test.

    I can't really evaluate the "evidence" from relationships so well, especially if there's little information and no outside verification...I think based on the personality description given in a previous thread, there's a case for IEI.

  8. #8
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    He seems both quite insular + gusty to demonstrate usage of both Te and Si. I think any illusion of Fi-valuing may partly be derived on being somewhat opinionated while parodoxically being unaware that his views often don't hold up to the same level of scrutiny he seeks in the opinions of others.

    I think Se, Fe, and Ti could all be strong functions in him
    - as for Ni, that does not seem like such an easy function to detect.
    That's what I'm getting via how he interacts with people on here
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    He seems both quite insular + gusty to demonstrate usage of both Te and Si. I think any illusion of Fi-valuing may partly be derived on being somewhat opinionated while parodoxically being unaware that his views often don't hold up to the same level of scrutiny he seeks in the opinions of others.

    I think Se, Fe, and Ti could all be strong functions in him - as for Ni, that does not seem like such an easy function to detect.

    I notice that he apparently scored IEE on Rick's test, which is odd for a SLI, and that he has also scored SLI and IEI...on a Ganin test.

    I can't really evaluate the "evidence" from relationships so well, especially if there's little information and no outside verification...I think based on the personality description given in a previous thread, there's a case for IEI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    That's what I'm getting via how he interacts with people on here

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    Fe role, Ne activation and Se demonstrative....in addition to Te and Si.
    Hmmm, perhaps you could help me shed some light on this.

    I do think that my Se and Ti are strong, as it stands just now my current opinion on my type is that it could be ISTj or ISTp.

    I think that Ganins test is somewhat simplistic, so i'm somewhat reticent to use it, at least in comparison to other tests, questions like, 'easily pass moods on to others' and, 'like to be the centre of attention', are at least for me quite difficult to answer. When I think about my life, certain parts of it then it's difficult for me to answer. Hmmm, perhaps I should sit it again and give careful consideration to the answers and try to think of my life as a whole....which is difficult as I tend to think of my life based on memories, for instance, I remember enjoying being the centre of attention when I was out for dinner one evening and talking about a sport I enjoy, it seems to me like it was yesterday, but then I realise that it took place 7 years ago. Hmmmm.

    I think that in regards to the forum, something that has been on my mind is that, a lot of the things that get said or discussed seems like rather far removed from my current mindset, I'm 34 years old now and I think this impacts on the sort of conversation I have, or things I have considered which can even seem obvious to me now, but are new to someone who is younger. As it's just names and letters on a computer screen it's easy for me to not realise the age differences. So I try now to recall that there is a mixture of people of different age gaps and what have you. Although...that's not to say that I can't get learn from anyone of course...not at all!

    Leads me on to realising that i've had some private conversations with various members of the socionics community, of all different ages, and as with real life, I realise that I prefer smaller group interactions, one on one where I can get to know people better. The whole 'buzz' of the forum, the livelyness of things makes me insecure and awkward. I don't know if everyone feels this, but it reflects how I am in real life.... I don't do well at parties, they make me feel awkward as there tends to be a lot of external emotives flying around, I prefer a smaller group, having a serious discussion with maybe one or two pieces of humour...this to me suggests a preference for a Delta environment over a Beta environment.

    In regards to Ricks test, I have sat it and got IEE and sat it recently and got SLI. I sat a fairly lengthy Russian test converted into English which gave me SLI as the first option, with other ones quite far behind.

    From speaking to some people, it's not unusual to test as your dual, it's happened to some people i've spoke to. Kinda makes sense as they are supposed to be similar yet different? Two sides of a coin and all that?

    Hmmm, maybe I could talk some more about myself, but I feel i'm rambling somewhat, hmmmm, OK:

    This weekend I was out on Friday and Saturday, on Friday the group atmosphere was sort of subdued, we spoke about current affairs, the employment market, various films and music, who produced what etc.

    On saturday I was out with my friend and we discussed various electricity suppliers, who was the cheapest, where to go to get good bargains on various goods.

    I'm not driven by earning money, and i've taken on supervisory roles or roles with additional responsibility not because I like the power or ordering people what to do, but because, although money isn't important to me, I want to earn enough where I can go on holiday sometimes, and also to be able to provide for my family and loved ones if they are stuck. Ideally i'd have a job earning a modest enough income and doing something with my hands that I enjoy. Another reason has been, on top of this, is that when I feel I have mastered a job inside out, that occasionally it's time to try a new challenge as I get bored easily of doing the same thing (perhaps irrationallity)?

    I relate very well to the SLI description on wikisocion of Fi mobilising, however I could see myself somewhat in the Se creative description...however I can also see myself in the SLI Si ignoring description!

    I also relate 100% to this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/704483-post63.html

    Well, to all of that description of Se ignoring.

    However, I can at times be unstable with people in terms of my relationships, which as I understand it can point to Fi role, so maybe i'm not as 'steady' as SLIs? But are SLIs steady? I don't know for sure, it also depends on the person i'm around. I notice that Gabin is the benchmark SLI, I can see parts of myself in him...his difficulties with people, and it's something i've worked on over the years so it's possible i've learned some F, whether it's Fe or Fi, maybe Fe, as my social skills have developed over the years as for better or worse, being smiley and stuff with people seems to make a difference, or so i've observed somewhat.


    The other part of me wonders if i'm too old now to try to classify myself and I should just live and breathe as a person and work on what I think is right for myself, and perhaps socionics is too restrictive in ways? But I would like to see some out and out value in it.

  10. #10
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post

    From speaking to some people, it's not unusual to test as your dual, it's happened to some people i've spoke to. Kinda makes sense as they are supposed to be similar yet different? Two sides of a coin and all that?
    Theoretically, one should develop his/her 5th and 6th functions and "self-dualize". If the person succeeds, he/she becomes "stronger", like Rodimus Prime in the Transformers movie (1986).

    The other part of me wonders if i'm too old now to try to classify myself
    As long as you learn new things everyday, you are not old.

    I read your whole post and I'd say you are a SLI.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's times in my life when I can be quite forceful with people, but it's not something I particularly enjoy and it's usually done if I perceive an injustice towards me.

    So I suppose I wonder if SLIs don't 'loose it' with certain people from time to time. This is kinda complicated though for me, as I read in the Se ignoring of wikisocion for SLI and also the Fe PolR for SLI and this can occur.

    I have friends who I have had for years where such a thing has never occurred. We speak to each other with mutual respect and I become uncomfortable in an environment where people are baiting each other.

    In regards to dichotomies, on reading Ricks site, the I S T P dichotomies describe me quite well.

    Perhaps I should have put cake in as one of my options

  12. #12
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Leads me on to realising that i've had some private conversations with various members of the socionics community, of all different ages, and as with real life, I realise that I prefer smaller group interactions, one on one where I can get to know people better. The whole 'buzz' of the forum, the livelyness of things makes me insecure and awkward. I don't know if everyone feels this, but it reflects how I am in real life.... I don't do well at parties, they make me feel awkward as there tends to be a lot of external emotives flying around, I prefer a smaller group, having a serious discussion with maybe one or two pieces of humour...this to me suggests a preference for a Delta environment over a Beta environment.
    It sure makes you sound Delta. Any type can not like parties, but the fact that you talk about your dislike in terms of "emotives" could indicate some sort of weak, unvalued Fe and not just social stacking last.


    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Perhaps I should have put cake in as one of my options
    Do you think you value cake? I can't be friends with someone who's cake PoLR.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  13. #13
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm I would say that to type as your dual would be utterly baffling (and of course you would need to know your type beforehand to know that you had typed as your dual - it's simply the case that regardless of your type, these two results would mean there's something wrong). Of course, if one of the tests were suspect, that would be an excuse.

    You could try one or both of the tests that I made utilising various resources...the first one has 32 questions, and is perhaps tediously long, while the second is 13 questions long and perhaps tediously short...I haven't done any kind of subjective or objective evaluation of them yet.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...mega-test.html
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...rand-test.html

    I scored my self-typing on both of these tests, despite having inclinations to being another type. I can't quite say if that is because I made the test and know how to "engineer" an answer, or because I answered truthfully. You should attempt to understand and answer (or skip if you wish) each question honestly, without trying to second-guess your self or answer how you'd ideally like to be.

    ...and after all that...tests probably aren't much good anyway, it's just an additional indicator and drives my curiousity.

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Theoretically, one should develop his/her 5th and 6th functions and "self-dualize". If the person succeeds, he/she becomes "stronger", like Rodimus Prime in the Transformers movie (1986).



    As long as you learn new things everyday, you are not old.

    I read your whole post and I'd say you are a SLI.
    I would say the same as well

    Ok, so how does one self dualize (please provide a manual LOL)

  15. #15
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Ok, so how does one self dualize (please provide a manual LOL)
    Ne Ti --> learn to cook, tell jokes...
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    hmm I would say that to type as your dual would be utterly baffling (and of course you would need to know your type beforehand to know that you had typed as your dual - it's simply the case that regardless of your type, these two results would mean there's something wrong). Of course, if one of the tests were suspect, that would be an excuse.

    You could try one or both of the tests that I made utilising various resources...the first one has 32 questions, and is perhaps tediously long, while the second is 13 questions long and perhaps tediously short...I haven't done any kind of subjective or objective evaluation of them yet.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...mega-test.html
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...rand-test.html

    I scored my self-typing on both of these tests, despite having inclinations to being another type. I can't quite say if that is because I made the test and know how to "engineer" an answer, or because I answered truthfully. You should attempt to understand and answer (or skip if you wish) each question honestly, without trying to second-guess your self or answer how you'd ideally like to be.

    ...and after all that...tests probably aren't much good anyway, it's just an additional indicator and drives my curiousity.
    I sat the short one and got SLI, maybe i'll post the results later so you can see the % spread, not got time for the longer one at the moment.

    Can I ask you what gives you the impression that I use Ti and Se, presumably as ego functions?

  17. #17
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well it's just that you seem to have the air of a person who thinks they know other people better than they know themselves, and you don't seem to be so good at picking up on little things from people - or you pick up on the wrong things. I think the critical thing though may be that I would expect a SLI or an IEE to be less tumultuous towards others, simply because they cannot stand such noice - if they were uncertain or somewhat angry or both, I'd expect them to become distant, or to be more "intuitive" at least until they can get a more accurate impression.

    But all this may not be enough on its own - I still haven't resolved apparent inconsistencies between some people's self-typings which I am inclined to accept without much thought, and some behaviours they carry out which are similar to other peoplr with different self-typings that I am also inclined to accept without much thought.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Well it's just that you seem to have the air of a person who thinks they know other people better than they know themselves, and you don't seem to be so good at picking up on little things from people - or you pick up on the wrong things. I think the critical thing though may be that I would expect a SLI or an IEE to be less tumultuous towards others, simply because they cannot stand such noice - if they were uncertain or somewhat angry or both, I'd expect them to become distant, or to be more "intuitive" at least until they can get a more accurate impression.
    Hmmm, what leads you to think these things?

    But all this may not be enough on its own - I still haven't resolved apparent inconsistencies between some people's self-typings which I am inclined to accept without much thought, and some behaviours they carry out which are similar to other peoplr with different self-typings that I am also inclined to accept without much thought.
    No it's cool, I would appreciate to know why you think these things about me.

  19. #19
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Hmmm, what leads you to think these things?
    In your posts, you seem quite dogged - you insist that people respond, and don't seem to be good at reading between the lines. You don't let things be, and you seem to have the need to be confrontational when it is uncalled for.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    In your posts, you seem quite dogged - you insist that people respond, and don't seem to be good at reading between the lines. You don't let things be, and you seem to have the need to be confrontational when it is uncalled for.
    I'm not sure what to say to this. I'd ask for examples..... which was really what I was getting at in my last post.

    Although if it's some sort of character assassination for some reason....why?

  21. #21
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do use Te or Ti?

    If you use Te, then you ignore Ti.
    If you use Ti, then you ignore Te.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm, i'll maybe try this LSI hat on for a while, but I realise something.

    Well, there's a lot I could write, but thought i'd write something in short, something in regards to myself. When I participate in a debate on the forum, it makes me uncomfortable. Seems it's related to the weak Fe, that is, I do not enjoy the idea that I could be participating in a public scandal, as although i'm quite right to debate on a forum, it is still a public setting and such things make me uncomfortable - the 'scandal' of such a thing in public, which is my natural way of being.

    On reading some of the previous Betas here, they all seem to enjoy it, to relish it, and from what I understand they do - it's Fe and Se valued.

    Of course, just because it makes me uncomfortable, doesn't mean I won't do it as logically I know I have as much a right as anyone, but the 'feeling', 'apprehension' is there.

    Interesting, perhaps.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm, I've worked with two LSIs in a smallish company before, both female. One was about the same age as me, and I found her to be rather aggressive and ruthless, and she seemed to enjoy when others were subordinate to her. The other was older, and more 'together'. I remember that she had an ability to go straight to the top of the company if there was a decision she wanted to challenge, and would be extremely unfazed by any position of power, it was impressive.

    My method of working was that I was conservative with my efforts, as I had devised the exact methods to achieve the maximum results from the job. The only time I would become irked is when someone would try to interfere with this by what I would see as pointless beaurocracy, additional procedures or paperwork, as I knew exactly how to achieve the results with minimum fuss.

    There was an LSE manager there who I got on very well with, we'd talk about self improvement and development, how the work should be done and priorities. I was offered to work for him, but decided it was better off being friends with him and was concerned that his constant quest for efficiency and my drive to get the work done but still incorporate lazyness may put a strain on the pleasant conversation.

  24. #24
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your type is likely Delta ST.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Your type is likely Delta ST.
    We are all entitled to our opinion, but I don't do battle types.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •