Thread: Utopia?

TIM
    infp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Utopia?

There was something I posted a few minutes ago that reminded me of my boyfriend's infj mother. (it's harsh to have your own mother as your conflictor.)
    The other day in the car, my boyfriend's mother said that yes, wouldn't it be great if we just all had a little chip on our arm with all our personal, monetary, etc records and information and everything on it?
    Immediatly my alarm went off. bad bad bad bad bad.
    What do I think of? aeon flux. brave new world. north korea.
    I have a crazy fear of dystopian societies. i have destroyed-future-commie dreams. i write stories about them.

those who rise to "utopian" power no longer only (or at all) control physical movements. All the dystopian leaders crashed the only party I like to attend: the ideas party.
    so to all you future dystopian leaders: this is my partay. gtfo...trying to systemize ideas and shit...
    i liked you better when you were all grabby and put everyone in jail.
    but you had to take it farther didnt you?
    just like north korea.

so control my body, whatever. i dont live there. you can't touch my mind bitchez.

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm surprised an infj would be so narrow in their vision.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's obviously a terrible idea.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The word 'Utopia' was first coined by sir Thomas More in 1516 and I simply don't know what it has to do with commies.

TIM
    infp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    i'm surprised an infj would be so narrow in their vision.
    she also said that she feels like she can relate to a lot of current pop songs. like they have a lot to do with her life.
    my impulse was of course to be all "...well...aren't they written generically so everyone feels they have a personal connection to the singer so they'll buy into the catchy emotion-laden lyrics?"
    she looked very put off.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    The word 'Utopia' was first coined by sir Thomas More in 1516 and I simply don't know what it has to do with commies.
    lol should i clap for your extensive knowledge?
    i simply like to talk about utopia and commies.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdverbsModify View Post
    Well, you know what - do you what you want to do

Okay.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she also said that she feels like she can relate to a lot of current pop songs. like they have a lot to do with her life.
    my impulse was of course to be all "...well...aren't they written generically so everyone feels they have a personal connection to the singer so they'll buy into the catchy emotion-laden lyrics?"
    she looked very put off.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she looked very put off.

well so much for stereotypes! although my infj daughter likes some really cheesy shit at the moment. it's very worrying. she's 12 though, it's the right age to like shit music. hopefully she'll grow out of it.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My INFj sister likes Kelly Clarkson and Warrant.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FEEL THE RAIN ON YOU SKIN

NO ONE ELSE CAN FEEL IT FOR YOU, ONLY YOU CAN LET IT IN!

FI FI FI, SI SI, FI FI SI, FI. SI SI FI FSIISFSFSFIFISI
    The end is nigh

TIM
    infp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you know what - do you what you want to do
    lol, i would willingly clap for anyone who presented me with new perspectives to consider and discuss, not their pretention.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post

Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    well so much for stereotypes! although my infj daughter likes some really cheesy shit at the moment. it's very worrying. she's 12 though, it's the right age to like shit music. hopefully she'll grow out of it.
    what stereotypes are you referring to?
    hahaha just ween her away from taylor swift and she'll do fine.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There was something I posted a few minutes ago that reminded me of my boyfriend's infj mother. (it's harsh to have your own mother as your conflictor.)
    The other day in the car, my boyfriend's mother said that yes, wouldn't it be great if we just all had a little chip on our arm with all our personal, monetary, etc records and information and everything on it?
    yeah, that's really creepy.

i'm pretty sure that wasn't the point.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post

lmfao. this is even more perfect along with the avatar.

TIM
    infp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    yes, rest assured i was aware of my incorrect interchangable usage of "commies" and "utopia". i do find their meanings some what intertwined in north korea however..."dystopia" at least. *shakesfist*
    i was disgruntled that that was all he had to say. that was me attempting to draw more information out of him; his comment seemed judgmental and analytic and a short, run-yo-neck response was my first approach. most people are aware that different words have different definitions, but still, i want to commend him for pointing out this rich diversity of the english language. maybe he is used to people who aren't familiar with those ideas and he assumed i was one of them. i would like to see more value placed on discussing those ideas than the technicalities.
    but that's just my point.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yes, rest assured i was aware of my incorrect interchangable usage of "commies" and "utopia". i do find their meanings some what intertwined in north korea however..."dystopia" at least. *shakesfist*
    i was disgruntled that that was all he had to say. that was me attempting to draw more information out of him; his comment seemed judgmental and analytic and a short, run-yo-neck response was my first approach. most people are aware that different words have different definitions, but still, i want to commend him for pointing out this rich diversity of the english language. maybe he is used to people who aren't familiar with those ideas and he assumed i was one of them. i would like to see more value placed on discussing those ideas than the technicalities.
    but that's just my point.
    heh. yeah, i think we're quasis.

anyway, being drawn to the idea of those microchips + identifying with music that is obviously written to be generic, the common element i see is like a comfort with not being an individual or something. my $0.02 on the idea trip. (and i don't relate to it as an eii, fwiw.)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Immediatly my alarm went off. bad bad bad bad bad.
    What do I think of? aeon flux. brave new world. north korea.
    I have a crazy fear of dystopian societies. i have destroyed-future-commie dreams. i write stories about them.

those who rise to "utopian" power no longer only (or at all) control physical movements. All the dystopian leaders crashed the only party I like to attend: the ideas party.
    so to all you future dystopian leaders: this is my partay. gtfo...trying to systemize ideas and shit...
    i liked you better when you were all grabby and put everyone in jail.
    but you had to take it farther didnt you?
    just like north korea.

so control my body, whatever. i dont live there. you can't touch my mind bitchez.
    Controlling, systematic unification, forcing people
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol, i would willingly clap for anyone who presented me with new perspectives to consider and discuss, not their pretention.
    Likewise.

That is exactly why I like you

TIM
    infp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh. yeah, i think we're quasis.

anyway, being drawn to the idea of those microchips + identifying with music that is obviously written to be generic, the common element i see is like a comfort with not being an individual or something. my $0.02 on the idea trip. (and i don't relate to it as an eii, fwiw.)
    yes, i can see there's a lot of uncomfort with individuality. i often get the sense that she checks that her answers are pre-approved... and says them with a kind of...smugness? like no one should call her out because isn't that the right thing to say? and im like noooooo dont get sucked innnnnn.

what would you think of as a dystopian society? i mean besides the obvious. what's one idea that you would hate the world to come to?

Likewise.
    lollll touche

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I couldn't care less about supporting the idea but many people already have something similar and it's called a wallet.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yes, i can see there's a lot of uncomfort with individuality. i often get the sense that she checks that her answers are pre-approved... and says them with a kind of...smugness? like no one should call her out because isn't that the right thing to say? and im like noooooo dont get sucked innnnnn.

what would you think of as a dystopian society? i mean besides the obvious. what's one idea that you would hate the world to come to?
    ummm. i guess what i hate the most is the idea of not being aware of what is happening, like participating in totalitarianism without realizing it because of the control. being brainwashed. being part of a hive mind or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I couldn't care less about supporting the idea but many people already have something similar and it's called a wallet.
    heh