Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do so many seem to think that I'm ENTj

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    Maybe I'm just an ILI with heavy doses of external EJ conditioning to fool people with.
    It's possible, especially over the internet.

For the longest time, various elements of this community have considered me to be ILE (or more recently, IEE). I seem to throw people by having traits that very superficially resemble Ne leading, even though cognitively I have none of the hallmarks of Ne dominance, nor do I behaviourally manifest an EP temperament.

I think two things have influenced that, and at least one of them most certainly applies in your case:

I the first instance, I introduced myself to this community as an ILE (well, my first post was "I think I'm SEI, but what type am I?" -> three pages later it's decided upon that I'm an ILE and I throw myself into my understanding of the role with gusto and wild abandon). This no doubt coloured everyone's perception of myself. In your case, your name is stevENTj. It's a little hard to shake the LIE typing when every post claims itself to be coming from an LIE

In the second instance, I'm a Creative subtype. On an information-sparse environment such as the internet, my very superficial resemblance to the EP temperament is going to throw typings off quite badly. I think this is more a symptom of people trying to best-fit type by eliminating different options.

FTR, I have no strong opinion on your typing, but ILI at least makes sense unless you're grossly misrepresenting/have misinterpreted various parts of your life that you report here.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read the posts in this thread, but! IMO, while your Te communication style is unmistakable, I think you come off as quite dynamic and energetic, and at times that makes me think you could be LIE, or even SLI. Considering you selftype as Te subtype, I don't have much of a problem with that, either. You just seem less subdued and "abstract" than the classic ILI.

And I think I relate to a lot of your posts.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=36797

Cool sticky and a neat idea!

So I got five votes for LIE/ENTj, one vote for LSE/ESTj, and none for ILI/INTp. Really? Nobody thinks I'm an ILI? Actually I can see the LSE angle more than the LIE one so that's interesting.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change your avatar to something dull and ambiguous. Remove all smileys from your posts. Speak with abject sentences.

Give yourself 3 months. Your type will change to ILI.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternatively, pay us 10% of your monthly income, and each of us who received your pay out (roughly 10) will vote you as ILI.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My initial typing of you was due to your name

After seeing your posts, the most blaringly obvious things to me would be valuing and Positivist, with EJ temperament and Accepting subtype following closely behind in that order. The fire you inadvertently lit under my ass from that post of the guy with one leg bringing it on like a champ on bike, as well as many others, also helped point me towards Activity relations taking place (as well as exhausting my reasons not to go on that 100 mile ride soon)...

I'll narrow my typing of you down to Te-LIE once I crack open the spreadsheet, and yes, I think you're a benchmark Te-LIE
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=36797

Cool sticky and a neat idea!

So I got five votes for LIE/ENTj, one vote for LSE/ESTj, and none for ILI/INTp. Really? Nobody thinks I'm an ILI? Actually I can see the LSE angle more than the LIE one so that's interesting.
    I would vote ILI-Te, but I'm not participating. You resemble Nanashi a lot. 'The happy ILI'.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I would vote ILI-Te, but I'm not participating. You resemble Nanashi a lot. 'The happy ILI'.
    Ah yes, "happiness".

A nice place to start if you're trying to figure out what you want out of life. I've always been a bit of a gear head long before I could even drive, and wanted to be able to afford a decent one. How do you get there? Well, a decent and relevant job that pays good money is a pretty good starting place. How do you get there? Well, gotta get good grades in school, get into a good college, and get a degree in a relevant and in-demand field, so that's what I did. Got a good job out of school, about the last quarter before the 2001 recession, worked hard at that job and also started working on a masters degree. That job led to a better job and more money, and another/better job, and another/better job, etc.

At least in the U.S., you're only entitled to what you yourself earn and work for personally. Want a nice car? Nobody is going to give you one. You have to work hard for what you want. Believe me if I thought I could get by ok just sitting around and watching cartoons and surfing the intarwebs all day I would, but you can't. Not here. The mere thought of that is unfathomable to typical LIEs - sitting around all day. They can't sit still and lounge around. I'm out and busy, and getting shit done because I have to be, not because I want to be.

I'd say my father is a typical LIE. Always has to be doing something, gets extremely restless if he's just sitting around. When my folks come by for a visit I always try to have some projects around the house setup for him because otherwise he'll go crazy. And then my wife and I brace for impact and collateral damage because he ends up breaking or damaging things while "fixing" others because his polr-. That then results in new projects for next time. I can't relate to that at all and 'think' I've developed fairly good , or at least way better than a typical LIE.

A good friend of mine is probably the more typical ILI. More disorganized, take ages to make decisions on or do anything, but overall has his shit and life together. Compared to him I probably do seem a lot more EJ, but I also have two crazy active kids that keep me busy also. I think I've mentioned this before some other year, but I think it's more the demands of life that cause me to act and possibly appear more EJ, although I'm really more IP on the inside.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe me if I thought I could get by ok just sitting around and watching cartoons and surfing the intarwebs all day I would, but you can't. Not here. The mere thought of that is unfathomable to typical LIEs - sitting around all day. They can't sit still and lounge around. I'm out and busy, and getting shit done because I have to be, not because I want to be.
    yes, this is a good argument for not being an LIE.

I am the same, I wish I had no job, I hate working, it's just a robbery of my spare time :-)

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    My initial typing of you was due to your name

After seeing your posts, the most blaringly obvious things to me would be valuing and Positivist, with EJ temperament and Accepting subtype following closely behind in that order. The fire you inadvertently lit under my ass from that post of the guy with one leg bringing it on like a champ on bike, as well as many others, also helped point me towards Activity relations taking place (as well as exhausting my reasons not to go on that 100 mile ride soon)...

I'll narrow my typing of you down to Te-LIE once I crack open the spreadsheet, and yes, I think you're a benchmark Te-LIE
    That guy kicks ass. From a personal fitness perspective, he still inspires me to this day. I have a bunch of other photos of the missing limb guys running or cranking hand bikes and other stuff, but that one was by far the best just due to the expression. I need to print a big 20x30 of that one and frame it in my office.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IS YOUR NAME EVEN STEVE???!

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    yes, this is a good argument for not being an LIE.

I am the same, I wish I had no job, I hate working, it's just a robbery of my spare time :-)
    Yeah it takes an unbelievable amount of time to explore and read about completely random and obscure topics, like Socionics. My interests are so wide and varied that it's crazy. Work is just something that I do because I have to, in between reading and learning about completely random and obscure topics and wasting spare time away.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    IS YOUR NAME EVEN STEVE???!
    Why yes, yes it is, just like all the other Steve's on this forum who were all LIE's. I think there were like three of us at one time or another, way back in the day. Three Steve/LIE's.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Los tres mentiras!

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah ok. Next?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Or if not LIE, at least a pretty firm not ILI?

Ignore my screen name for now because that's more of a joke than anything at this point. So give me your best reasons as to why you think I'm LIE or "not ILI".

I can procrastinate just as good as anybody else can. I'll leave big assignments till the eleventh hour and then FLY through it right down to the wire. It does require a monumental amount of effort to get myself off my duff and to go do stuff quite a bit. I can lose track of when bills are due like a champ too, along with other daily grind mundane things. My working space is typically a gigantic pile of "organized chaos" like any typical ILI. I always felt very awkward growing up, had a bit of a social phobia, and had great difficulty making friends like many ILIs have reported. And I too suffer from analysis paralysis and a complete inability to make decisions at times.

So why am I not ILI?

Okay go.
    The social inhibition not included, I dont think LIEs would be exempt from experiening any of the stuff you describe. Messy desk? why not. Procrastination? Well I can do that too, and I pretty sure Im EJ. Id say LIEs have a harder time doing stuff then ILIs do, since their is actually weaker. In the Igor Weisband desciptions LIEs are described as absent minded professors so I dont see why not paying bills and losing stuff, etc would be more ILI than LIE.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    The social inhibition not included, I dont think LIEs would be exempt from experiening any of the stuff you describe. Messy desk? why not. Procrastination? Well I can do that too, and I pretty sure Im EJ. Id say LIEs have a harder time doing stuff then ILIs do, since their is actually weaker. In the Igor Weisband desciptions LIEs are described as absent minded professors so I dont see why not paying bills and losing stuff, etc would be more ILI than LIE.
    I don't think LIEs are likely to procrastinate work stuff, but definitely very likely to forget about bills and have a messy desk. OTOH I can't really see them (us) as having social phobia and being particularly awkward.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12