Thread: Not quite sure what to make of this situation

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not quite sure what to make of this situation

I was walking back to my apartment from class minding my own business. I walked by a bench with two girls and a guy on his computer and kept going as I didn't know them. I heard a girl make a rawr kind of sound and I just kept going as why would I think it was directed at me? I kept walking and heard it again and paid no attention to it. Then I heard it again and again and it was getting closer as I was walking away. I turn around to see the two girls standing behind me. I was a little annoyed at what I perceived as immaturity so I ask: can I help you? I think this caught them off guard as they didn't really respond right away lol. Eventually one of the girls said no, then the other one who had been making the sound tells me that rawr means I love you in dinosaur. I probably rolled my eyes when she said that. I asked them if they went to my school since they were on our campus. The friend said yes and the girl making the sounds said are you going to rawr back. To which I gave a slow I don't know. I then said they looked to young to go to our school. They told me their years in school (freshman, and sophmore). The one girl making the sounds must have been offended by that as she said that she took her rawr back. I then turned around and left.

I really don't understand people. Why in the world would you do that? lol
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boredom.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because Alphas are annoying?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have assumed it was a dare or bet, or even a social experiment (how many people can we get to "rawr" back.) I wouldn't have thought it was anything personal.

hyperactivity and overly happy people...too much prozac.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rawr back, silly.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have rawred back :frown:
    then again, I'm a guy, and if guys had been following me saying 'rawr' I'd be a little freaked too.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol, i thought this was cute.

yeah, it could have been any number of reasons including the ones people have responded with so far. they were probably showing off to each other more then they were reaching out to you, but i would still take it as a friendly gesture overall. i would have rawred back, and i'm a straight girl. they sound fun. maturity, blah.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably would have reacted the same and not had a clue what to do or how to respond either. Some sort of weird vibe. Did they look high? Maybe they were on something? lol
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Only way I responded to that thus far was "what the fuck ?" or "eh?".

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I would have assumed it was a dare or bet, or even a social experiment (how many people can we get to "rawr" back.) I wouldn't have thought it was anything personal.
    This what I thought it might have been so that is why I kept ignoring it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I would have rawred back :frown:
    then again, I'm a guy, and if guys had been following me saying 'rawr' I'd be a little freaked too.
    I may be reading this incorrectly... but do you think I am a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    Haha that's awesome! Well, you can look at it this way: now you know what "rawr" means in dinosaur-ish

They're prolly in a silly/funny mood and thought you were cool and would roll with it. Kind of a compliment to you, really. cheers
    That's possible. I told my friend the story and she said she saw them on her way back to her apartment as well, but they didn't say anything to her.

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    I probably would have reacted the same and not had a clue what to do or how to respond either. Some sort of weird vibe. Did they look high? Maybe they were on something? lol
    Good to know I'm not the only one lol. I don't think they would be so stupid as to get high and sit on campus. They would get kicked out of our school if they got caught.

I'm not exactly sure if it was a dare or what because when I told the girl who kept doing it that her and her friend looked to young to go to our school she got pretty offended and said she took her rawr back lol.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

college? sorority pledge BS? Or some cult group trying to spread "dinosaur love". LMAO

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have given them my "wtf" look and keep walking. If the girls seemed attractive (and not too much under my age) I might smile and maybe say something silly or try to smalltalk. But I wouldn't bother figuring out the situation. I mean, who cares why they did what they did.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    I may be reading this incorrectly... but do you think I am a girl?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I would have given them my "wtf" look and keep walking. If the girls seemed attractive (and not too much under my age) I might smile and maybe say something silly or try to smalltalk. But I wouldn't bother figuring out the situation. I mean, who cares why they did what they did.
    I really don't care that much. It's more of a funny story to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    lol fail

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have (frequently) reacted as you did. They do sound Fe-valuing. (I mean, I rawr or whistle as a woman or throw a thumbs up at a guy in a suit, but a few times and with a highly respectful and distant and admiring tone or I feel like a creeper, and I certainly don't FOLLOW SOMEONE. Do they not understand Gammas at all?)

They prolly thought you are H-O-T

the taking it back thing doesn't have to do with your desirability, imo. It was an Fe-valuing person's response to a non-Fe valuers interaction style. You retain your hotness. They probably just felt insecure (ENTP/ESTP), since you didn't socially acknowledge them back. So you aren't necessarily what they're looking for, so not hot to them, but still objectively hot.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You don't value Fe.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. That was Fe vs. not, although they could have also been IEE or even maybe SEE. I mean, they could've been any type. But alphas or beta would be the most likely to do random shit like that.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.