Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shower me with your base function

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Smile Shower me with your base function.

Try to keep your creative function out of it.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I firmly believe there is a problem with the English alphabet. Namely, the letters C, Q, and X. The letter C may make the S or K sound, but has no sound of its own. It obviously needs to go. The letter Q has the strange need of the letter U after it in most instances. This is inefficient. The letter Q itself only makes the KW sound, which KW does as well as QU. The Q obviously needs to go. The letter X makes the KS sound. This letter is also unecessary. It obviously needs to go.

Another problem is the lack of a letter to signify the SH, TH, and CH sounds. These sounds are seperate sounds, and it is illogical to make them by combining two letters whose sounds are not the sound made.

I propose that the alphabet be altered in order to make phonetics more efficient and practical. The C can make the SH sound, the Q can make the TH sound, and the X can make the CH sound. This will solve the above problems without needing to relearn the alphabet.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The motion of the ocean is, in essence, an unfrozen potion. The notion that comes to fruition, which is to poison who I'd earlier chosen as the spokesman, is indifferent to the condition I wished I'd won from the spoken solon I had stolen from.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    The motion of the ocean is, in essence, an unfrozen potion. The notion that comes to fruition, which is to poison who I'd earlier chosen as the spokesman, is indifferent to the condition I wished I'd won from the spoken solon I had stolen from.
    Go home

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Director Abbie is demanding, very demanding. Can this lady ever be pleased.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the thrift store with the boys today with the intention of finding some pants for my 3 yo. I ended up buying several toys instead to hide away for Christmas. Except one of the toys was a bubble machine, which of course my son asked to play with right away. So, I told him we'd go to the nearest store that might have bubbles (a grocery store, but they also have some toys there). Packed up the boys and went to the grocery store; didn't find bubbles, but there were Hotwheels cars on clearance, and so I bought two for each boy (they've been fighting over the same cars at home, since they're supposed to share, so now they each have a couple to call their own); while at the grocery store I also thought to buy a bucket of ice cream since we had some rootbeer in the fridge at home and then we could have root beer floats tonight.

enough?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I firmly believe there is a problem with the English alphabet. Namely, the letters C, Q, and X. The letter C may make the S or K sound, but has no sound of its own. It obviously needs to go. The letter Q has the strange need of the letter U after it in most instances. This is inefficient. The letter Q itself only makes the KW sound, which KW does as well as QU. The Q obviously needs to go. The letter X makes the KS sound. This letter is also unecessary. It obviously needs to go.

Another problem is the lack of a letter to signify the SH, TH, and CH sounds. These sounds are seperate sounds, and it is illogical to make them by combining two letters whose sounds are not the sound made.

I propose that the alphabet be altered in order to make phonetics more efficient and practical. The C can make the SH sound, the Q can make the TH sound, and the X can make the CH sound. This will solve the above problems without needing to relearn the alphabet.
    I like this After just reading the first paragraph, I thought, "gosh, I've been saying the same thing about the letter C for a while now...but awww, I love Q and X, I wouldn't want to see them go..." Then I got to the end and thought, "Genius!"
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    enough?
    Heh. That sounds like the way my IEE dad shops. enough.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Creepy-male

Warm clothes are really nice

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maths?

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like... what if televisions were really Martian spying devices, planted here to keep tabs on us, and sap away all of our precious bodily fluids as we watch? How would we deal with the Martians? If Martian Kryptonite is silly-putty, we could cover Area 51 in it, and then the Martians would come out and be all "FUCK YOU!" Then we'd capture them and tell them to restore our precious bodily fluids to their proper state, then artificially inseminate cows to produce cow-man hybrids to serve as footsoldiers against the Martian menace!
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOOOOO PARTY IN DA HOUSE! Come on guys drinks are on MEEEEE!
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Warm clothes are really nice
    that's !

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    that's !
    It is?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    It is?
    it's because saying that you find warm clothes "very nice" was just talking about your feelings about them, telling us that warm clothes are pleasing to you.

would be more something more sensual, like talking about the physical characteristics of the clothes and their effect on your body/senses.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is easier for me to do Ti than anything else:

Fascism: Fascism is a political philosophy that is ill defined overall. The most apparent characteristic is collectivism motivated by nationalism, more specifically by the pretext of being attacked whether from within the nation itself or outside the nation. Therefore, if the society emphasizes the state over the individual because the belief changes to that the individual benefits most by protecting the nation, regardless of property rights or individual liberty, then the political environment has at least one major trait of fascism.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Creepy-male

it's because saying that you find warm clothes "very nice" was just talking about your feelings about them, telling us that warm clothes are pleasing to you.
    I'd turn that around and say it's because I make no point of reference. I just say they're nice, like it's a Fact, not a personal sentiment. Object vs Field.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a amicable person, I like you. I'd prefer if more people showed such consideration for others as you do. I hate when people don't stop to think about how they affect others
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love dolphin yes I do,
    so true and big hearted and very blue
    Loves and heals and holds and protects
    fights and jealousies and scars and rejects
    all the sides I love, change not a thing
    who you are and who I am

Met together in the starry sky wind.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would be more something more sensual, like talking about the physical characteristics of the clothes and their effect on your body/senses.
    But Si is not talking about Si. Considering that the original post came from a SEI, I think it was good, because SEIs usually don't talk about their Si-experiences. Or if they do, they say something fuzzy like "it is nice", like Thanksarthur just did.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Take that , Abbie!

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

ein,zwei,drei,go die! (i'm SEE for the day)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the physical manifestations that objects may take, there are aparent, all-encompassing characteristics that all things of a specific item share, and those common characteristics infinitely outweigh the specific, varying intricacies of their physicality when defining such an object.

Good enough?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    But Si is not talking about Si. Considering that the original post came from a SEI, I think it was good, because SEIs usually don't talk about their Si-experiences. Or if they do, they say something fuzzy like "it is nice", like Thanksarthur just did.
    hm okay yeah, i can see that.

(i don't think Gul is SEI though regardless, but he already knows that )

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    Like... what if televisions were really Martian spying devices, planted here to keep tabs on us, and sap away all of our precious bodily fluids as we watch? How would we deal with the Martians? If Martian Kryptonite is silly-putty, we could cover Area 51 in it, and then the Martians would come out and be all "FUCK YOU!" Then we'd capture them and tell them to restore our precious bodily fluids to their proper state, then artificially inseminate cows to produce cow-man hybrids to serve as footsoldiers against the Martian menace!
    Mix some in there?

that's !
    No; it's . I'm good at comments like that, and there's nothing emotional about them.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Si language consists of descriptions of physical sensations, including smell ("aroma", "stinky", "smelly", "putrid"), touch ("smooth", "rough", "sharp", "dull", "dry", "wet", "hot", "cold"), taste ("sweet", "sour", "delicious", "disgusting", "fresh", "crisp", "juicy"), and so forth. Alpha SFs respond to these sensations emotionally, while Delta STs consider these sensations in practical terms.

On the other hand, this post is an example of how Ti categorizes phenomena according to specific, explicit criteria.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we're all aware of the fact that Si-language and Si are two different things. Something to pay attention to when typing people.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Si language consists of descriptions of physical sensations, including smell ("aroma", "stinky", "smelly", "putrid"), touch ("smooth", "rough", "sharp", "dull", "dry", "wet", "hot", "cold"), taste ("sweet", "sour", "delicious", "disgusting", "fresh", "crisp", "juicy"), and so forth. Alpha SFs respond to these sensations emotionally, while Delta STs consider these sensations in practical terms.

On the other hand, this post is an example of how Ti categorizes phenomena according to specific, explicit criteria.
    +1000 for hitting two birds with one stone
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite sure what you mean by si-language, but my point was that Si is not so much seen in language by use of words describing physical sensations, that's more of a symbolic translation of what Si is (but of course it can help us understand it). Si is used directly on the concrete words and sentences, paying attention to the sound of the words, and the flow of the text.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting. I can't say I've ever analysed the words I use, i'll have to think about it or just listen to myself next time! I noticed when I was out yesterday I prefer to talk about my direct personal activities, the things I've done, even things during the week, as I'm excited or 'unhappy' if they were unpleasant, about the sensations I've experienced in relation to how these things make me feel internally, whereas some of the others seemed quite happy to discuss intangible non sensation related subjects (ILIs).

However I am thinking just now that a lot of my experiences remain mostly on the internal, so if I don't like something I may just sum it up as awful, nice, but there's no emotion, at least that I am aware of, attached to my evaluation.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I just look into the heart of things, purely, without any emotional attachment, that will be Ni, right? Or if I forecast? It's all about going back in this indelible past direction---but pure Ni doesn't even move, it isn't even visible, it isn't spoken, it's not speakable, it's just this... internal activity, which is motion, but without moving, you get what I mean? It is not an introspection that traces the self, because the self is particular to the combination of Ni + Fe, but it is a mode of trying to find... you try to find the center of anything, or you turn it around to see which angle throws the most light on the part you're interested in.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if I were to start using nothing but Si-ego-language, Fe-ego-language, Ni-superego-language, Te-superego language, Ne-superid-language, Ti-superid-language, Fi-id-language and Se-id-language, as per wikisocion, and if I were to start displaying SEI related behavior, as per type-descriptions, I'd be typed as an SEI by Krig The Viking and Marie84, right?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my attempt at Si-shower:

I'm looking out of the window. I'm sitting here, this day, to-day. Being myself. I am empty but satisfied. I don't want anything. The room is here. There's the chair, the table, computer. I am walking back and forth in the room. Thinking about nothing, outside is night. I'm breathing. My shoe, my shoe is there, I am looking at my shoe. Everything is here. A minute has passed. I was thinking about something. Here is the room, I am walking in it, right now.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Director Abbey, please direct my naked body into your bed!

I'm too cool to have one base function

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. Is this really supposed to be Te? Language changes and the writing system still works. The lack of a single letter for digraphs like SH, TH, and CH do not have to make sense; they work. And some letters had a unique phonetic value that is either now lost or been reduced as the language itself evolved. How about complaining about the different phonetic qualities of the vowels? And have you thought how this will affect existing English words? This is not really an exercise of efficiency. You are just rewritting the alphabet to be more logically coherent with English phonemes. How would these changes actually create a fundamental change that's either efficient or practical? Does this even solve anything? If you are concerned with an "accurate" phonetic representation of phonemes, just use the International Phonetic Alphabet.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Meh. Is this really supposed to be Te? Language changes and the writing system still works. The lack of a single letter for digraphs like SH, TH, and CH do not have to make sense; they work. And some letters had a unique phonetic value that is either now lost or been reduced as the language itself evolved. How about complaining about the different phonetic qualities of the vowels? And have you thought how this will affect existing English words? This is not really an exercise of efficiency. You are just rewritting the alphabet to be more logically coherent with English phonemes. How would these changes actually create a fundamental change that's either efficient or practical? Does this even solve anything? If you are concerned with an "accurate" phonetic representation of phonemes, just use the International Phonetic Alphabet.
    It is about efficiency, and it is about practicality. I'm tired of being forced to use useles letters that don't even have a sound of their own. What's the International Phonetic Alphabet?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is about efficiency, and it is about practicality. I'm tired of being forced to use useles letters that don't even have a sound of their own.
    How is it about efficiency? You are just making a working system needlessly complicated. Working to alter the entirety of the English language for something with practically zero practical gain is surely a sign of an inefficient endeavor at the outset. What's gained by doing this? The letters are not useless even if they share sound values with other letters as they are used to distinguish homophones and often reflect loanwords or the evolution of the English language. Do you plan on rewriting words in which vowels have different sounds depending on the context? The letter A, for example, sometimes produces the sounds æ (bad, ash), ɑː (father), ɒ (wasp, not), ɔː (all, caught), ə (about), eɪ (day, pain, neighbor) depending on the word. If your goal is to create a letter for every phoneme, do you plan on distinguishing the sound of th in then and thin? And what about diphthongs? Do you plan on giving them their own letters too? And what of letters that have different sounds depending on dialect?

What's the International Phonetic Alphabet?
    Full article on the International Phonetic Alphabet as well as the IPA Chart for English Dialects.

"Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@logos

I think you're looking taking it too far, all she's saying is that it doesn't make sense to have two different ways of representing the same sound, and that those symbols would be put to better use by replacing the use of two symbols for a single sound.

Meh. Is this really supposed to be Te? Language changes and the writing system still works. The lack of a single letter for digraphs like SH, TH, and CH do not have to make sense; they work.
    It's not about it just working, it's that it could work better.

And some letters had a unique phonetic value that is either now lost or been reduced as the language itself evolved. How about complaining about the different phonetic qualities of the vowels? And have you thought how this will affect existing English words? This is not really an exercise of efficiency. You are just rewritting the alphabet to be more logically coherent with English phonemes. How would these changes actually create a fundamental change that's either efficient or practical?
    Being able to write one letter instead of two, and not having to think about which way of representing a sound.

Does this even solve anything? If you are concerned with an "accurate" phonetic representation of phonemes, just use the International Phonetic Alphabet.
    How is it about efficiency? You are just making a working system needlessly complicated. Working to alter the entirety of the English language for something with practically zero practical gain is surely a sign of an inefficient endeavor at the outset. What's gained by doing this? The letters are not useless even if they share sound values with other letters as they are used to distinguish homophones and often reflect loanwords or the evolution of the English language.
    That might be useful in order to understand things about the language, but it's irrelevant for the purpose of text communication.

Do you plan on rewriting words in which vowels have different sounds depending on the context? The letter A, for example, sometimes produces the sounds æ (bad, ash), ɑː (father), ɒ (wasp, not), ɔː (all, caught), ə (about), eɪ (day, pain, neighbor) depending on the word. If your goal is to create a letter for every phoneme, do you plan on distinguishing the sound of th in then and thin? And what about diphthongs? Do you plan on giving them their own letters too? And what of letters that have different sounds depending on dialect?
    I don't think she's actually seriously saying it should be changed because clearly the effort required to change it wouldn't be worth the benefit, just in the fact that you'd have to go reteaching everyone. She's just mentioning a couple of things that would have been more efficient if they had been done differently.

Lol, I think this kind of shows the problems of Ti vs Te. Te wants to change things to make them run more smoothly. Ti sees things as making sense as is, and they don't want anything changed because it requires a restructuring of thought. More specifically abbie is focusing on the use of the language and making it run smoother and you are focusing on language itself and how it complicates things.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 10-11-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd imagine Te would be moved by the argument that changing the alphabet is just a huge waste of resources and time, aka inefficiency.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast