TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...x-9417422.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-932931.html

I've certainly tortured actors in time -- not intentionally, of course. But sometimes actors have trouble accepting their role, especially men. Men don't really like to follow instructions. There's no problem with directing women.

Polanski: Of course you have revenge fantasies. If I had found one of them immediately afterwards, I would probably have reacted in precisely that way. But there is also the rational voice inside of me, my convictions. I was always opposed to capital punishment. But now I was confronted with the question: Should these people be condemned to this punishment? What would that achieve? For the world, it was an event. But what about me? My love was gone. In the end, what difference does it make how she was taken from me? By cancer or a heart attack? When you lose someone, you lose someone. The circumstances add to the tragedy, but only for outsiders -- not for the one who is affected personally.

Oh, it's like one the objects here on this shelf: the Palme d'Or, the Oscar, the Berlin Film Festival bear. They are just up there. When I look at the awards, I think that I ought to remember the feeling I had when they were presented to me. But there's nothing there. They've just gathered dust. You think to yourself that maybe you should call someone to dust them off.

LSI ...

or SLI.