Thread: Hey Gammas

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Gammas

I just wanted to announce that I've been given the position of moderator over the gamma forums. I want to do what I can to make the forum a place that caters to the wants and needs of gammas, and if possible, I'd like to improve the activity of the forum.

I plan on strictly enforcing rules that will make the forum a haven for intellectual and personal discussions. I don't want to see any kind of nonconstructive hostilities.

Most of all though, I want to do things democratically.

If anyone has any suggestions on what they would like to see in the gamma forum or what kind of moderation they would prefer, please feel free to post and discuss them here or pm me. I'll do what's in power to, and I'd even like to serve as a representative for gammas when discussing or suggesting things with the other moderators seeing how I'm the only active gamma moderator at the moment.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 10-08-2010 at 05:24 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I agree with that, and I think of all places, the topics of the quadra forums should be dedicated to constructing viewpoints in favor of one's type, not questioning them and breaking them down. I still think the "what's my type" or a similar forum would be fine for challenging someone's type for a similar constructive impact, just not in the form of "pulling that shit" when you're in your sacred mode of expression. That's what quotes are for.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm going to make sure such is the case in the gamma forum, and it's my hopes (as well as other mods) that the forum as a whole will move in that direction.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I plan on strictly enforcing rules that will make the forum a haven for intellectual and personal discussions. I don't want to see any kind of nonconstructive hostilities.
    That's precisely why I haven't bothered to post much here in the past, so just making good on these promises will help to improve activity in gamma all by itself. I personally don't mind a little bit of drama as long as it's good natured and not truly hostile or destructive, but I do have very little tolerance for BS. This forum in the past few years has far exceeded that tolerance level for me, so hopefully that will change. With the new changes, I'm far more likely to stick around now. I've never really lost interest in socionics - just in discussing the theory online in these forums.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see a better environment here too. I don't post much, I totally don't usually see much of anything useful for me to post anything to here in my quadra. FWIW
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet. I'm sure you'll do a great job.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What of work in Thread Derailment Committee? I refuse to give up my membership!

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    What of work in Thread Derailment Committee? I refuse to give up my membership!
    I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to prevent derailment of threads that have a specific purpose. If it's good-natured I'd be pretty lax, but I don't want to see type me threads turn into political discussions, for example, just for the sake of the people who want to focus on the purpose of the thread. I'm not going to knock tangents which may have some connection, but at the same time I think different topics warrant a different thread.

My aim is to stimulate conversation over suppressing it in the end.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 10-09-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I'd like to prevent derailment of threads that have a specific purpose. If it's good-natured I'd be pretty lax, but I don't want to see type me threads turn into political discussions, for example, just for the sake of the people who want to focus on the purpose of the thread. I'm not going to knock tangents which may have some connection, but at the same time I think different topics warrant a different thread.

My aim is to stimulate conversation over suppressing it in the end.
    If it became a large derailment you could always split the thread.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    If it became a large derailment you could always split the thread.
    yeah exactly.. that would be the extent of my involvement
    3w4-5w6-9w8