Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmmm... I don't understand.

Is it something to with Te being dynamic so you have to think dynamically to avoid the sprite that moves about to try and catch you while you try to get to the other room?

I don't think what I wrote makes sense really, can you explain it?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Hmmmm... I don't understand.

Is it something to with Te being dynamic so you have to think dynamically to avoid the sprite that moves about to try and catch you while you try to get to the other room?

I don't think what I wrote makes sense really, can you explain it?
    I think he's trying to imply that Te egos are muttery and boring people.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I think he's trying to imply that Te egos are muttery and boring people.
    Ah possibly. In my experience someone who's boring and complaining is just someone who's in a funk in life. Easy not to be boring and not to complain when everythings going well, ie decent amount of money, cool partner, a reasonable social life.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're having a confusion problem between functions and elements.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thought...run, jump over the bad guy, and through the other door...simple, haha

Or just run back out the door you came through...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys still don't get the puzzle.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG WTF LOOOOL!!! I GET THE PUZZLE!!!

Wait, I don't.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing the little red dude mirrors your side-to side movements so you have to run off to the side so he goes in the fire?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hehe. It's a Te-ego straight male ogre!!! You totally took my idea and ran with it. That's so cute. Like the straight ogre is hella thinking 'what kinda fairy comes walking in a dungeon wearing a blue suit. What a fag.' And that Link looks so cute and IEI like.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was just playing this game last week.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    And that Link looks so cute and IEI like.
    You wanna buttfuck him?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

wtf is this

~~tcaud~~

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

oh wait is this about the rpg?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe you've never finished The Legend of Zelda. 0_0

3:00

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Finished? I never even played that gay shit.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you guys will never figure it out, okay so I'll explain.

They forgot to install a floor so they hired the carpenter to come do a rough estimate and fix the problem.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zelda to me one of the very internally influenced things. I was never around many people who liked it, but the world, the music and the adventure is very heart-warming. I don't really play video games, most of the great RPG and adventure influences are from the esoteric images of these and other themes running through my imagination. I used to watch my friends play video games, while I would get ideas for new games.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not gay shit. It's very rad, awesome, intense and has nice graficks.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te puzzles are very simple. Someone wants something that you don't have. If you don't give it to them, they won't help you. Go get what they want and give it to them.

In the case of Zelda, you first have to buy the enemy bait item from the merchant, meaning even more Te fun as you hunt for rupees.

Te puzzles involve a lot of breadth. The term "fetch quest" comes to mind: there are various actors whose help you need to advance, but to get their help you must obtain various items that they desire. Although there may be many such actors, the premise of the puzzle is essentially mindless because such puzzles involve only breadth, never depth.

Creepy-bg

interesting that you'd call it a puzzle. I'd call it busy work since there's usually little puzzling involved. just traveling back and forth to get stuff and give it to people to find out where the next thing you need to get is.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Te puzzles are very simple. Someone wants something that you don't have. If you don't give it to them, they won't help you. Go get what they want and give it to them.

In the case of Zelda, you first have to buy the enemy bait item from the merchant, meaning even more Te fun as you hunt for rupees.

Te puzzles involve a lot of breadth. The term "fetch quest" comes to mind: there are various actors whose help you need to advance, but to get their help you must obtain various items that they desire. Although there may be many such actors, the premise of the puzzle is essentially mindless because such puzzles involve only breadth, never depth.
    Excellent. Thanks for this post

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That one's especially interesting because there are no clues as to what the monster actually wants. You have to figure that out for yourself either by inference or experimentation. Most of what Te is about is learning the organization, learning the hierarchy, and learning the operating environment. An LIE will often talk about the importance of "learning" the business in which they work, meaning learning who the customers are, learning what they want and how much they are willing to pay for it, and learning what channels you have to go through to get product to market.

The above puzzle involves all of these elements. First of all, you have to figure out what the monster wants. From reading the manual, you get a hint that monsters like enemy bait. So that's a clue that the monster may want bait. Bait is not cheap -- it costs 80 rupiess if I remember correctly, and can only be bought at a few shops. Usually what happens is you go into the dungeon not knowing what to expect, and there is this impassible monster grumbling at you. So the puzzle begins. You have a hint IF YOU'VE READ THE MANUAL that they like enemy bait. But 80 rupees is difficult to come by in this game. It usually takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes to get. Enemy bait itself only works on a few monsters and so isn't likely to be a priority to have otherwise.

Several elements to consider:
    1) What the customer (the monster) demands
    2) where to get it
    3) where to get the money for it

If you know what you're doing, you can get the money quickly. A number of monsters offer free money, but you must find their hiding places first. So you must decide on a plan of action, whether to get money by fighting or from sympathetic monsters, and then you must execute it. You raise the money; locate the bait seller; pay them for the bait; and finally give the item to the customer to see IF they like it. As luck would have it, they do, but you don't know that the first time you play.

Thanks to the mystery element, it's actually more Te-like than business sims which tell you exactly who is selling what and for how much.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 10-08-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    That one's especially interesting because there are no clues as to what the monster actually wants. You have to figure that out for yourself either by inference or experimentation. Most of what Te is about is learning the organization, learning the hierarchy, and learning the operating environment. An LIE will often talk about the importance of "learning" the business in which they work, meaning learning who the customers are, learning what they want and how much they are willing to pay for it, and learning what channels you have to go through to get product to market. The above puzzle involves all of that.
    true. it's been a long time since I played the original zelda. I forgot that you have to figure out what he wants.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it would be cool for the RPG you make to have a series of various tasks, trades and expectations via actors, quests and recipes, which are linked to each other both indirectly and directly in a large chain action puzzle, that could possibly span throughout the entire game and be one of the tying together requirements, just like Ti or Fi is required. I have a feeling that might be what you're getting at. A few information elements might even need to be combined at a certain point for a stronger "intersection" test.