Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type me please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me please

Ive been trying to figure out this typing buisness tonight, and after a few hand cramps im looking for help. All I can say is I'm nervous and I dont even know you guys. Soooooo tell me what you need from me hahah Thanks guys

Creepy-bg

I suck at typing, but what are some your favorite things? what's your typical day like? what do you do for fun? what do you hate?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Please go to the popular Socionics sites, read about the functions, and see which one fits you closely...not that that's an accurate measure of figuring out one's type, but at least it takes the stress out of me having to ask you questions right now, at 8:34pm (after a long days of work)

Post any questions you might have. Welcome. Also, please look into posting a picture.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I suck at typing, but what are some your favorite things? what's your typical day like? what do you do for fun? what do you hate?
    Favorite things/Typical day
    My favorite things to do usually involve low energy hanging out lol. My typical day would be sleeping in, school, seeing a few friends and playing video games until 2am when I decide sleep is upon me

For fun Really what my obsession is Boarding. I love the rush and the danger. Knowing if screwing up can kill me just gets me going, my first season ended with 3 broken bones haha but I loved every minute of it. Any sport I try is attacked with the same intensity!

What do I hate I dislike heavily getting told what to do, especially when the person isn't at a position to boss me around. Cant think of anything else at the moment.

Btw Maritsa I've been browsing those webpages you recommended to me, theyre very informative. The amount of vocabulary to learn is incredible tho Jeez....

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingZulu View Post
    Btw Maritsa I've been browsing those webpages you recommended to me, theyre very informative. The amount of vocabulary to learn is incredible tho Jeez....
    yeah. it doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be much of am overall consensus over what the words actually mean.

I prefer the learn by osmosis method. just soak it all in, let your subconscious work it out, and start noticing stuff in real life in ways you never thought about them. in my opinion it doesn't matter so much if you are RIGHT or WRONG, it just matters if it starts to work for you and you get a new perspective on things.

(I'll let somebody else analyze your answers, it really isn't my thing. )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL; the things I read on this forum make me laugh and learn new things about people and their preferences. You seem to have an extreme nature to you; Si ego type, maybe ISTp.

Let's see...

When you can get hurt do you have lingering feelings or do you let go of them and move on?

Can you come up with possibilities and ideas to certain things or anything or would you rather concentrate at the task on hand?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default some pics..

and heres one of me as kid.

Some of these made me Lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My typing of you is ISTp
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you can get hurt do you have lingering feelings or do you let go of them and move on?
    Somethings a very tough to get over. Usually when they are about how I interact with people, one thing I know for certain is that I'm a very weird guy.

Can you come up with possibilities and ideas to certain things or anything or would you rather concentrate at the task on hand?
    I think the answer to this is the former. Something I noticed when I was new to Framing was that my boss would keep telling me "are you listening?" I definatly have a tendency to go off on my own tangent. I was half-listening to him and half-connecting the information I was getting to the things currently solid in my mind and thinking of the theory behind it. Im all over the place man.

Creepy-male

My favorite things to do usually involve low energy hanging out lol. My typical day would be sleeping in, school, seeing a few friends and playing video games until 2am when I decide sleep is upon me
    Would you say you get restless/fidgety/bored easily? You seem to be describing IP temperament, which is the typical "low energy blob" temperament. EPs and EJs by contrast have "too much" rather than "too little" energy--they're only comfortable when they're burning their energy off. They need to be doing stuff like meeting people or attacking projects and tasks.

For fun Really what my obsession is Boarding. I love the rush and the danger. Knowing if screwing up can kill me just gets me going, my first season ended with 3 broken bones haha but I loved every minute of it. Any sport I try is attacked with the same intensity!
    IMO being an adrenaline junkie is Not Type Related, and has more to do with personality/brain chemistry/lots of non-socionics stuff.

What do I hate I dislike heavily getting told what to do, especially when the person isn't at a position to boss me around. Cant think of anything else at the moment.
    Could you describe "isn't at a position to boss me around"?

Anyway, assuming you're an IP temperament, the next easiest thing to do is pick out your club. How sociable would you say you are compared to your friends? And do you feel more comfortable in really big groups, or smaller, friendlier gatherings?

Creepy-bg

lol are you sniffing a glowstick in that third pic?

Creepy-bg

I'm gunna throw out ILE/ENTp. random inspiration, don't ask me why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Thanks Arthur
    Would you say you get restless/fidgety/bored easily?
    A lot of the time, yes, it does seem like theres not enough for me to do. Anything physical gets me going. Biking, swimming, running etc all bring out a feeling of "go hard or go home" in me.
    But of course I cant have that attitude towards school if only.

About the Bossing thing. I have an example. Sorry if this goes on to long. I was working at one place for 2 months and a guy I worked with, for a few weeks. It really bothered me when he would point out mistakes I was making. Or i'd be trying to visualize how to tackle a problem and he would jump in and tell me how I should do it and it was like a hammer hit me on the head as I was solving the issue.
    After a while I started to get along with him and accepted that was how he was. I got pretty hot headed myself and I am ashamed at some of my impulses.

How sociable would you say you are compared to your friends?
    I think I'm a bit more sociable then my regular group of friends. Probably because my girlfriend has a lot of the Partying type friends so I usually come along with them and I do have a good time.

And do you feel more comfortable in really big groups, or smaller, friendlier gatherings?

Smaller and friendlier. Its better to feel connected to a few great friends then disconnected to a group of them.
    Last edited by BlazingZulu; 10-06-2010 at 04:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol are you sniffing a glowstick in that third pic?
    To be honest I think it was a glow in the dark mostache. Jager Bombs!

And ISTP really does sound a lot like me
    Edit: Actually its almost gross how much I identify to that type, according to http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISTP.html
    Last edited by BlazingZulu; 10-06-2010 at 04:42 AM.

Creepy-bg

And ISTP really does sound a lot like me
    Edit: Actually its almost gross how much I identify to that type, according to Portrait of an ISTP

Creepy-male

Except that's Myers-Briggs and not Socionics

My guess would be this: the SLE. SLE - WSWiki

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

why arthur?
    -

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Except that's Myers-Briggs and not Socionics

My guess would be this: the SLE. SLE - WSWiki
    really? I thought his work example sounded like he naturally Ne's problem solving but got annoyingly interrupted by his co-worker throwing Te at him. And he finished it off with a suggestion of uncontrolled and embarrising Se.
    Last edited by bg; 10-06-2010 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the SLE page you offered there is a bunch of things I can instantly rule out.
    People often see me as a kind and compassionate guy although I can get out of line.

I think what made you think of SLE as an option was this quote, "SLEs can often seem intolerant towards and disrespectful of those of a lower social status. They will often see these people as weak or inferior in some way" compared to how I handled my coworker.
    I acted that way because He wasnt a great source of information and I felt like he shouldn't have been "telling" me what to do.
    We started working better when him and I started working collectively to solve our problems. I think thats essential. I also dont mind putting my own needs second to others since it reduces arguments and that makes me come off as an agreeable person to some

Plus.. Im a terrible leader. But hey I also dont exactly know what im talking about so keep discussing this with me please.

On the other hand there are a few things I see in myself such as: "SLEs are often under the impression that while they might gain respect or admiration from others, they can never be truly loved by anyone. "
    "Many SLEs are highly emotionally guarded, and may become touchy or apprehensive if they expect that others may judge their character harshly."
    Last edited by BlazingZulu; 10-06-2010 at 05:45 AM.

Creepy-male

Actually no, the reason I guessed at ESTp is because you identified strongly with the ISTP Portrait. Weak guess, but worth a shot

But yeah, I have few qualms with ILE.

Here's a good (hopefully? The quality of the site in general is of a high standard when it comes to type descriptions) SLI description, again from the same site: SLI - WSWiki

EDIT

You shouldn't expect 100% accuracy from the profiles either, btw. But a very close fit, or stretches of "Aha!" ideas are good signs you're on the right track, imo.

Creepy-bg

Actually no, the reason I guessed at ESTp is because you identified strongly with the ISTP Portrait. Weak guess, but worth a shot

But yeah, I have few qualms with ILE.

Here's a good (hopefully? The quality of the site in general is of a high standard when it comes to type descriptions) SLI description, again from the same site: SLI - WSWiki

EDIT

You shouldn't expect 100% accuracy from the profiles either, btw. But a very close fit, or stretches of "Aha!" ideas are good signs you're on the right track, imo.
    and don't expect to find your type right away. some people need to "try on" different types for awhile before they find the one that fits.

Creepy-male

and don't expect to find your type right away. some people need to "try on" different types for awhile before they find the one that fits.

Oh yeah. It may take some time, and lots of people telling you confusing stuff

Creepy-bg

Oh yeah. It may take some time, and lots of people telling you confusing stuff
    *pounds on the changing room door*

"ARE YOU DONE IN THERE YET GUL!?!?!?!"

Creepy-male

Just five more minutes! I need to adjust my ascot!!!!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great answers, they are very helpful.

Most likely you are ISTp

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somethings a very tough to get over. Usually when they are about how I interact with people, one thing I know for certain is that I'm a very weird guy. .
    Can you explain this a bit more? What about the way you interact with people can make it hard for you to get over something? Do you focus on bonding with people? Or do you focus more on the immediate emotional reactions?

I think the answer to this is the former. Something I noticed when I was new to Framing was that my boss would keep telling me "are you listening?" I definatly have a tendency to go off on my own tangent. I was half-listening to him and half-connecting the information I was getting to the things currently solid in my mind and thinking of the theory behind it. Im all over the place man.
    This sounds a lot like Ne-ego to me too.

you VI a lot like ILE or LII (LII>ILE), not really like SLI. But your answer to the first question will reveal the difference a bit better. Not entirely clear to me at this point.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does Ne-ego mean exactly.
    Ne.. extrovert intuition if im correct?

To explain this a little more.... hmmm lol this is tough. I feel very awkward at times, and people sometimes say I'm weird. My best friend said the other week, "You're weird but we love you" and that kind of shocked me to hear that. I guess I'm worried because of the fact that I cant always trust my own feelings or judgments and Im constantly trying to revamp myself to make myself a better person and at the sametime I know there is so much to work on. Thats probably why I felt so bad about snapping at my coworker.
    Where I grew up there was a lot of negative emotions generally about failure, failure to do this or that and I always felt like I wasnt good enough. Thats where I learned to laugh things off and make a joke out of the crap, put a positive spin on it and it made people laugh, made me laugh too.

So at times I probably come off as a goof and I know it, always cracking a joke. My friends seem to love me for giving them an ab workout all the time haha. To be honest I envy guys who are emotional rocks and dont need positive feedback from their peers to support them.

I focus on bonding with people because it makes me feel more connected. Its weird I know they're my friends and they wont stop being friends because I make a jerk comment or something but sometimes I get choked up and retreat and i get a little antisocial to reflect on what I did and why I shouldn't do it. Theres a feeling like they'll dislike me in the end. Not to the point of paranoia tho. Just guilty feelings.
    Last edited by BlazingZulu; 10-07-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This description by dolphin is a good summary of how I get when I'm in a "whats wrong with me mood". Often triggered by a critique of my personality that conflicts with my values.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Anne I really liked your post. I feel that what works for me is, when I feel like saying "I'm crazy" to everyone, or I get that sort of feedback, is instead of reinforcing that thought and going into a spiral of negativity, I try to step back and look at what's really happening with a little detachment. I'll get so much anxiety when I get into a mindset of "am I hurting others, am I being a flake, what's *wrong* with me" because I take people's evaluations so seriously.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Thanks Arthur
    Would you say you get restless/fidgety/bored easily?
    A lot of the time, yes, it does seem like theres not enough for me to do. Anything physical gets me going. Biking, swimming, running etc all bring out a feeling of "go hard or go home" in me.
    But of course I cant have that attitude towards school if only.

About the Bossing thing. I have an example. Sorry if this goes on to long. I was working at one place for 2 months and a guy I worked with, for a few weeks. It really bothered me when he would point out mistakes I was making. Or i'd be trying to visualize how to tackle a problem and he would jump in and tell me how I should do it and it was like a hammer hit me on the head as I was solving the issue.
    After a while I started to get along with him and accepted that was how he was. I got pretty hot headed myself and I am ashamed at some of my impulses.

And do you feel more comfortable in really big groups, or smaller, friendlier gatherings? [/B]
    Smaller and friendlier. Its better to feel connected to a few great friends then disconnected to a group of them.
    Hahaha, I like you already! I feel the same way. If I could find a decent job that was physical, I'd fall in love.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All things considered, my first guess as to your type would be IEE. Here's my reasoning:

Ego Ne
    "Something I noticed when I was new to Framing was that my boss would keep telling me "are you listening?" I definatly have a tendency to go off on my own tangent. I was half-listening to him and half-connecting the information I was getting to the things currently solid in my mind and thinking of the theory behind it. Im all over the place man."

Intuitive types often have difficulty focusing on the concrete details of the world right in front of them; they're stereotypically the ones with their "head in the clouds", considering the big picture and the larger implications of what's going on. They focus on the more abstract aspects of life, and can give the impression of being absentminded and "zoned out".

There are two types of Intuition: Introverted Intuition (Ni), and Extraverted Intuition (Ne). In my opinion you sound more like an Ne type; Ni types focus more on being aware of the flow of events and trying to see where things are leading, while Ne types focus on examining the hidden, underlying potential and possibility contained within the present world as it exists now. Your focus seems to me to be more on understanding the abstract elements of the current world, rather than understanding where events are leading.

" I was working at one place for 2 months and a guy I worked with, for a few weeks. It really bothered me when he would point out mistakes I was making. Or i'd be trying to visualize how to tackle a problem and he would jump in and tell me how I should do it and it was like a hammer hit me on the head as I was solving the issue.
    After a while I started to get along with him and accepted that was how he was. I got pretty hot headed myself and I am ashamed at some of my impulses."

Again, Intuitive types are often "head in the clouds"; it's where we do most of our work. To be brought out of that before we're ready is distracting and can be annoying if we're actually trying to accomplish something and not just daydreaming.

To explain this a little more.... hmmm lol this is tough. I feel very awkward at times, and people sometimes say I'm weird. My best friend said the other week, "You're weird but we love you" and that kind of shocked me to hear that.

Ne-Ego types are often unconventional, and often viewed by their peers as "weird" or "strange". Personally, as an Ne-Ego type myself, I think it would be boring to be normal.

Super-Ego Se
    "I dislike heavily getting told what to do, especially when the person isn't at a position to boss me around."

All Ne-Ego types (IEE, ILE, LII, and EII) have Se in their Super-Ego. This means we're (embarrassingly) not very good at aggressive territorial confrontation and conflicts of willpower. We tend to resent being pushed around, especially by people in authority, but feel somewhat helpless to do anything about it.

Ego Fi
    "Smaller and friendlier. Its better to feel connected to a few great friends then disconnected to a group of them."

To me this indicates a strong focus on Introverted Feeling (Fi), as opposed to Extraverted Feeling (Fe). Fi types focus on relationships and connections to people; to them the purpose of having a good time is to make friends and strengthen relationships. Fe types, on the other hand, focus on emotions and "what's going on inside"; to them the purpose of having friends is to have a good time and make everyone happy.

Fe types often enjoy larger groups, because of the emotions that these settings can stir up. If they see other people off to the side in their own little group, they may try to bring those people into their own group, so that everyone can share in the fun. Fi types, on the other hand, are exactly like you describe yourself -- they find large groups unproductive as far as making connections and maintaining relationships with people, and when they find themselves in a large group they tend to break off into smaller groups whenever they can.

"I acted that way because He wasnt a great source of information and I felt like he shouldn't have been "telling" me what to do."

Unlike Ti-Egos, who accept information from every source and then analyze it logically to see if it makes sense, Fi-Egos don't trust their own analytical skills that much, and prefer to find people who know what they're talking about, and rely on them for trustworthy information. Fi-Egos are very good at being able to tell who is trustworthy, and who doesn't know what they're talking about. For an Fi-Ego, to have someone they've rejected as a trustworthy source of information continuing to try to force their information on them would be annoying at best.

Demonstrative Fe
    "Thats where I learned to laugh things off and make a joke out of the crap, put a positive spin on it and it made people laugh, made me laugh too."

While IEEs, being Fi-Egos, prefer to focus on relationships and personal connections instead of always expressing emotions and focusing on what they see as "superficial" happiness, they are good at doing both. When necessary, IEEs can laugh and joke and create a positive emotional atmosphere with the best of them. However, this is almost always done for the purpose of creating, strengthening, or healing relationships and personal connections. To laugh and joke just for the sake of laughing and joking seems a little pointless perhaps even immature to an IEE.

"So at times I probably come off as a goof and I know it, always cracking a joke. My friends seem to love me for giving them an ab workout all the time haha. To be honest I envy guys who are emotional rocks and dont need positive feedback from their peers to support them."

One thing that all Feeling (or "Ethical") types lack is the stability and "hardness" that Thinking (or "Logical") types have. Some Feeling types are better at hiding it than others, but all of them sometimes feel a little lost, adrift in a sea of emotions and personal connections, without a solid "anchor" in practical reality. Thinking types, by contrast, can be very "solid" and independent, but feel somewhat helpless when it comes to expressing emotion or dealing with relationships.

Furthermore, your facial expression and body language in the photos you posted are consistent with IEE. Your smile is consistently broad and shows teeth, indicating someone who is comfortable showing emotion (a Feeling type). Your gaze is somewhat unfocused and distant, characteristic of intuitive types. Your body language in the second photo is somewhat physically awkward, which is again characteristic of intuitive types. And in general, you seem to have an outwardly-oriented air about you, characteristic of Extraverts.

I would say that I am around 75% confident that you are an IEE. Since I rarely go over 90% certainty for people I only know over the Internet, this is a fairly strong opinion. I'm around 85% sure you're some kind of Feeling type, at least.

Here are some links to IEE descriptions:
    Intuitive Ethical Extratim - Wikisocion
    The Socionist: IEE Extended Type Description
    IEE - WSWiki
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Krig, going off on tangents is not the same as not being able to focus on details;
    -

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Krig, going off on tangents is not the same as not being able to focus on details;
    Zoning out to the point that your boss asks if you're even listening to him explain something is a decidedly Intuitive trait. "Connecting the information I was getting to the things currently solid in my mind and thinking of the theory behind it," as Zulu described, involves ignoring extraneous details and focusing on the essential nature of what is being said. It's not, strictly speaking, an inability to focus on details, but rather a tendency to consider the remembering of such details to be less important than understanding the essential nature of the thing.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Zoning out to the point that your boss asks if you're even listening to him explain something is a decidedly Intuitive trait. "Connecting the information I was getting to the things currently solid in my mind and thinking of the theory behind it," as Zulu described, involves ignoring extraneous details and focusing on the essential nature of what is being said. It's not, strictly speaking, an inability to focus on details, but rather a tendency to consider the remembering of such details to be less important than understanding the essential nature of the thing.
    You're reading into something that there isn't anything to read into and making conclusions where he has not said why he zones out, maybe he's not interested in his boss's output of information due to different type and type interaction that is not pleasant. He is not an N type and nothing that he has written determines that he is but he wrote about his feelings associated with boarding that is clearly Si...you missed that.
    -

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    He is not an N type and nothing that he has written determines that he is but he wrote about his feelings associated with boarding that is clearly Si...you missed that.
    To me, that part just sounds like an IEE who wants to be like his dual. You have to look at the whole picture.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

To me, that part just sounds like an IEE who wants to be like his dual. You have to look at the whole picture.
    OMG; that's not DS; you have to look at the whole picture. This guy would have used Ne, Fi, before using Si if he was NeFi and even may have rolled out the role function and be NiXX before being NeFi...you don't see the possibilities.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To gain a little more insight about that boss. He is a very smart guy but a few things he thought we're true, aren't exactly true.
    Like he believes if you look to the right, youre lieing. To the left, you dont know what youre talking about. Down, you know youre wrong. Its funny he didn't mention what up was but I was looking up and too the left.
    Which is just my "I'm thinking" face So maybe he thought I was starring at some distant cloud that looked like Abe Lincoln.

He was telling me why there are hangers that hold up joists in a building. Which is to add extra resistance to downward force on those joints. While I had my thinking cap on I was imaging where all of those should be, because I assumed he would then say "now put hangers where they are supposed to be."
    It was a combination of my being in a very new environment as it was my first day in construction and an overwhelming desire to do a good job, But I definatly was being to hard on myself.
    I should also say that I deeply respected his information, he definatly knew what he was talking about. I was just trying to compensate for a lack of skill with thinking ahead.

Your body language in the second photo is somewhat physically awkward
    This is interesting hahah Because its often that I feel like I'm positioned in a weird way, idk why tho.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's the typical physical thrill seeker, doesn't that ring a bell to anyone?

He calls himself a low energy type, how the heck is that extraverted.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingZulu

What do I hate I dislike heavily getting told what to do, especially when the person isn't at a position to boss me around. Cant think of anything else at the moment
    A lot of this can sound like SLI, however the bolded part, although this is a minor thing perhaps, I think that if an SLI has been damaged by a physical activity, their Si can be somewhat reticent of it again, as they're attuned to their physical well being. Of course age and other factors can overide this, so i'm reluctant to say it's definately not leading Si.
    Do you think zoning out when for instance the boss is talking is just an indication of introversion?

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To gain a little more insight about that boss. He is a very smart guy but a few things he thought we're true, aren't exactly true.
    Like he believes if you look to the right, youre lieing. To the left, you dont know what youre talking about. Down, you know youre wrong. Its funny he didn't mention what up was but I was looking up and too the left.
    Which is just my "I'm thinking" face So maybe he thought I was starring at some distant cloud that looked like Abe Lincoln.

He was telling me why there are hangers that hold up joists in a building. Which is to add extra resistance to downward force on those joints. While I had my thinking cap on I was imaging where all of those should be, because I assumed he would then say "now put hangers where they are supposed to be."
    It was a combination of my being in a very new environment as it was my first day in construction and an overwhelming desire to do a good job, But I definatly was being to hard on myself.
    I should also say that I deeply respected his information, he definatly knew what he was talking about. I was just trying to compensate for a lack of skill with thinking ahead.
    Cool, that's roughly what I figured.

This is interesting hahah Because its often that I feel like I'm positioned in a weird way, idk why tho.
    Yeah, I'm often like that as well. In my opinion it's related to Intuition, and in particular Ne-Ego. Sensors tend to be more "at one" with their bodies.

Questions regarding your Boarding hobby: when you go boarding, do you find it necessary to go with a group of friends, or is it something you've been known to practice by yourself? If you have a group of friends you go boarding with, are the majority of them more skilled than you, or less skilled?

By the way, is it snowboarding, skateboarding, or surfboarding? Or some other kind of boarding?

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Do you think zoning out when for instance the boss is talking is just an indication of introversion?
    It can be a sign of introversion, but the sort of zoning out he described sounds more like Ne to me.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions regarding your Boarding hobby: when you go boarding, do you find it necessary to go with a group of friends, or is it something you've been known to practice by yourself? If you have a group of friends you go boarding with, are the majority of them more skilled than you, or less skilled?
    This is snowboarding. Most of them have a lot more experience than I do, a couple years to 8 years more. Its good because it takes more effort to keep up with them. I enjoy going on my own more,however, since Im able to pick the runs and be more free in how I ride.
    One thing I need to practice this year is rotating my shoulders in a 360 hehe.

Since we apparently have a lot in common I want to ask, what kind of sports interest you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast