Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 78

Thread: What the Te devil?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What the Te devil?

    What is it about Te that gives you IEIs and SEIs fits?

  2. #2
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An SEI once got mad, because I said something like, if someone doesn't make education they have proven to be bad at what they tried to learn. She found it to be to harsh.

    So I guess the bluntness and directness of Te.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So basically, it makes them mad?

  4. #4
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    So basically, it makes them mad?
    well she clearly showed that she didn't like it how I put it. She became sort of between irritated and angry.

  5. #5
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    An SEI once got mad, because I said something like, if someone doesn't make education they have proven to be bad at what they tried to learn. She found it to be to harsh.

    So I guess the bluntness and directness of Te.
    yeah, how something is said can be just as important as what is being said. but it's not just the harshness, she may also have felt like "how do i know that's true?" i can be suspicious or wary of new information; it can be hard for me to sort through it and decide what's useful or relevant or correct. i'm not interested in information for the sake of having more information.

  6. #6
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Feeling insecure about lack of work ethic/seemingly inability to mobilise self unless in a serious crisis/at the eleventh hour before a deadline. Other people reminding us of this HURTS. We know, and if we could fix it, we bloody well would have by now

    Chronic uncertainty about efficacy. Always doubting ability to perform tasks and get the intended results (true to PoLR this is an on/off thing: I can either be neurotic and paralysed and mentally prepare the task for way too long so I don't screw up, or I can just charge into a task and start assembling the pieces around me as I go, hoping for the best).

    Mmm... uncertainty about appropriate level of detail. Can swing to extremes of parsimony or... whatever the opposite of parsimony is (That could be Ti HA though).

    EDIT

    Also, maybe more Ti HA again, but having an inclination for listening to internal logic > external reality. I'm slowly maturing out of this but I still make errors time to time.

  7. #7
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do xEI have issues with being proven wrong with evidence? (blow to Ti-HA?)
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  8. #8
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Im not XEI, but I always found that my ideas on things which were highly subjective, and highly subjective ideas in general(like Goethe's theory of colors) are usually wrong when faced and tried with objective evidence. I dont have a problem taking this kind of criticism though sometimes I think it would be nice if we could think subjectively, then those subjective ideas get proven right by objective evidence, which like I said almost never happens either because they cant be(like Freud's theories or the existence of God) or because they have been proven wrong by science(Goethe's theory of colors).

    Of course I am not Te polr but Te role, so sorry to be intrusive with my comment but I wanted to give my opinion on it.

  9. #9
    jughead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "An SEI once got mad, because I said something like, if someone doesn't make education they have proven to be bad at what they tried to learn. She found it to be to harsh.

    So I guess the bluntness and directness of Te. "
    This doesn't make sense grammatically. How does one "make education".
    I will assume you mean succeed at getting an education?

    Here's the problem with that statement. Why did you make it? It's just a unhelpful statement to make.

  10. #10
    I'm a Ti-Te! Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    I think PoLRs upset types in two ways
    1. they "threaten" people's HA
    2. they clash with the creative function (the creative is the function we use both with the most awareness and the most respect imo)

    From Wikisocion on Merry-Serious dichotomy (Fe- vs Te-valuing):



    I'd guess 3 and 4 explain the Fe-Te conflict the best.
    That is really biased in favor of merry types.

  11. #11
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Te seems unnecessarily regimented and practical to me. It seems as though it irons out all the randomness and uncertainty from things, and tries to make everything work in a certain way. And then the focus on "facts" seems to me to be a lack of imagination. And they don't tend to like my "everything is subjetive" mentality (this is worse with Delta STs who also devalue Ni). Above all, I just feel like Te egos have a bunch of unnecessary proceedures for doing everything the "best" way. I'm not interested in the "best" way, I'm interested in getting it done in the way in which I have to think about it the least. So yeah, that's what I think bothers me about Te.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Silver I don't think that's a universal sentiment among IEIs or even Te PoLR types in general. "I don't care about the best way, just show me the way that requires the least thinking."

    Would you prefer that we disabled your T function completely?

    Maybe that didn't come out the way you intended.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 10-06-2010 at 12:29 PM.

  13. #13
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get the impression Te types are just stating the obvious and oversimplifying to keep things organized. And they kind of cram the obvious down your throat like you're retarded, then they act like they're superior cuz they stated the obvious.
    Also there's the appeal to authority through official sources which is usually dismissiveness disguised as insightfulness. It's just like they hold back investigations with excessive constraints. Also they don't look for underlying meaning so much when you speak.. they're more surface oriented so if your semantics aren't incredibly developed they can just reduce the whole conversation to pure relativism. I've had them pull this a number of times and it's infuriating. Te also translates into rigid hangups.
    It depends alot on the type too though. Like ILIs have the relativism and stating the obvious, but not so much some of the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    An SEI once got mad, because I said something like, if someone doesn't make education they have proven to be bad at what they tried to learn. She found it to be to harsh.

    So I guess the bluntness and directness of Te.
    See this is stupid, but it's a good example of Te and how it could feasibly piss me off.
    Jarno says the comment is "harsh". The comment is not harsh it's hastey. It's a hastey conclusion. To describe this as harsh is dismissive. It makes it sound like it's correct, but just needs to be restated "nicer". But the statement is actually incorrect.
    Reading it, it seems like it organizes reality nicely in Jarnos mind. But only by cutting off a ton of exceptions. It is obvious there could be a variety of reasons a person fails their education. Education doesn't even reflect the real experience of working a profession..
    But we're not considering any of this further than the statement "They have been proven to fail at what they wanted to learn".
    It gives this added air of snobbishness and condescension which makes me want to retaliate against it.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 10-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.
    INTp

  14. #14
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Silver I don't think that's a universal sentiment among IEIs or even Te PoLR types in general. "I don't care about the best way, just show me the way that requires the least thinking."

    Would you prefer that we disabled your T function completely?

    Maybe that didn't come out the way you intended.
    Nope, that's exactly what I mean. I don't intend it for everything. But out of all the things that I am obligated to do, there is a very small subset that I care about. All of those things deserve my mental energy. All other tasks, regardless of how necessary they are, should be done with as little mental engagement as possible. Te types seem, to me, to expect engagement in tasks I consider mundane. I think they try to 'maximize efficiency' in little things that I think don't deserve that much of my energy. There was a quote about this from some old thread I posted in delta. Maybe I'll try to dredge it up. But I would accept that that sentiment is not necessarily tied to Te-polr-in-general, except as a general IP-EJ conflict: EJs expend energy wantonly, because they are constantly seeing things that can be moved, changed, nudged, altered for the better (dynamics of objects). IPs conserve energy, because they are constantly sensing this sort of internal motion, or the motion between things that occurs without our intervention (dynamics of fields). So in that sense, I would prefer to focus on these waves of invisible change than constantly expend energy (mental energy) chasing external improvements/motion.


    See this is stupid, but it's a good example of Te and how it could feasibly piss me off.
    Jarno says the comment is "harsh". The comment is not harsh it's hastey. It's a hastey conclusion. To describe this as harsh is dismissive. It makes it sound like it's correct, but just needs to be restated "nicer". But the statement is actually incorrect.
    Reading it, it seems like it organizes reality nicely in Jarnos mind. But only by cutting off a ton of exceptions. It is obvious there could be a variety of reasons a person fails their education. Education doesn't even reflect the real experience of working a profession..
    But we're not considering any of this further than the statement "They have been proven to fail at what they wanted to learn".
    It gives this added air of snobbishness and condescension which makes me want to retaliate against it.
    I would agree with this, but in every quadra it is thought that the opposing quadra is "leaving things out," or "oversimplifying." I mean, I've certainly (certainly) felt that way about deltas, quite often. But then they're also felt that way about me. That's certainly a complaint made about Ni (vs. Ne), that Ni comes to a solution too quickly and does not consider all of the alternatives. So there must be something about the information omitted that makes the difference, and I want to know what that is.
    Last edited by silverchris9; 10-06-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  15. #15
    Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Te seems unnecessarily regimented and practical to me. It seems as though it irons out all the randomness and uncertainty from things, and tries to make everything work in a certain way. And then the focus on "facts" seems to me to be a lack of imagination. And they don't tend to like my "everything is subjetive" mentality (this is worse with Delta STs who also devalue Ni). Above all, I just feel like Te egos have a bunch of unnecessary proceedures for doing everything the "best" way. I'm not interested in the "best" way, I'm interested in getting it done in the way in which I have to think about it the least. So yeah, that's what I think bothers me about Te.
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. +1000, and awesome-hat off to you.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Know an IEI who would be in bits working in a place where there was no set rules, things changed on a case by case basis.

    She'd try to apply rules to things and get stuff really wrong.

  17. #17
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    What is it about Te that gives you IEIs and SEIs fits?
    There is nothing about it. It is just the fact that it is my polr, and I automatically react in a negative way to it. If I try to explain it I just start rationalizing and I miss the point.

  18. #18
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    I get the impression Te types are just stating the obvious and oversimplifying to keep things organized. And they kind of cram the obvious down your throat like you're retarded, then they act like they're superior cuz they stated the obvious.
    Also there's the appeal to authority through official sources which is usually dismissiveness disguised as insightfulness. It's just like they hold back investigations with excessive constraints. Also they don't look for underlying meaning so much when you speak.. they're more surface oriented so if your semantics aren't incredibly developed they can just reduce the whole conversation to pure relativism. I've had them pull this a number of times and it's infuriating. Te also translates into rigid hangups.
    It depends alot on the type too though. Like ILIs have the relativism and stating the obvious, but not so much some of the others.



    See this is stupid, but it's a good example of Te and how it could feasibly piss me off.
    Jarno says the comment is "harsh". The comment is not harsh it's hastey. It's a hastey conclusion. To describe this as harsh is dismissive. It makes it sound like it's correct, but just needs to be restated "nicer". But the statement is actually incorrect.
    Reading it, it seems like it organizes reality nicely in Jarnos mind. But only by cutting off a ton of exceptions. It is obvious there could be a variety of reasons a person fails their education. Education doesn't even reflect the real experience of working a profession..
    But we're not considering any of this further than the statement "They have been proven to fail at what they wanted to learn".
    It gives this added air of snobbishness and condescension which makes me want to retaliate against it.
    I think you need to realize that Te-PoLR is a weakness. Maybe what has been stated is incorrect, but for you to say that Te types just have it wrong is just trying to make yourself out to have no weakness. You're just taking regular stupidity and saying its Te to make yourself superior.

    Other people do it a lot too, but I think think people need to realize what a PoLR is. The whole idea of a PoLR is that it is compatible with your main way of looking at things which is why it so hard to cope with.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 10-06-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  19. #19
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    See this is stupid, but it's a good example of Te and how it could feasibly piss me off.
    Jarno says the comment is "harsh". The comment is not harsh it's hastey. It's a hastey conclusion. To describe this as harsh is dismissive. It makes it sound like it's correct, but just needs to be restated "nicer". But the statement is actually incorrect.
    Reading it, it seems like it organizes reality nicely in Jarnos mind. But only by cutting off a ton of exceptions. It is obvious there could be a variety of reasons a person fails their education. Education doesn't even reflect the real experience of working a profession..
    But we're not considering any of this further than the statement "They have been proven to fail at what they wanted to learn".
    It gives this added air of snobbishness and condescension which makes me want to retaliate against it.
    I agree. The statement is patently wrong. What is hard to accept is only the fact that it is also succesful. That there are people in the world that can profit from an act that is principally stupid.

  20. #20
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,470
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    See this is stupid, but it's a good example of Te and how it could feasibly piss me off.
    Jarno says the comment is "harsh". The comment is not harsh it's hastey. It's a hastey conclusion. To describe this as harsh is dismissive. It makes it sound like it's correct, but just needs to be restated "nicer". But the statement is actually incorrect.
    Reading it, it seems like it organizes reality nicely in Jarnos mind. But only by cutting off a ton of exceptions. It is obvious there could be a variety of reasons a person fails their education. Education doesn't even reflect the real experience of working a profession..
    But we're not considering any of this further than the statement "They have been proven to fail at what they wanted to learn".
    It gives this added air of snobbishness and condescension which makes me want to retaliate against it.
    Honestly, if you just wrote more mature, analytical posts like this instead of causing drama and creating havoc, you'd be liked by 95% of the forum.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  21. #21
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you need to realize that Te-PoLR is a weakness. Maybe what has been stated is incorrect, but for you to say that Te types just have it wrong is just trying to make yourself out to have no weakness. You're just taking regular stupidity and saying its Te to make yourself superior.
    I just think you're saying that cuz Ian owned ya. =)

    But I would accept that that sentiment is not necessarily tied to Te-polr-in-general, except as a general IP-EJ conflict: EJs expend energy wantonly, because they are constantly seeing things that can be moved, changed, nudged, altered for the better (dynamics of objects). IPs conserve energy, because they are constantly sensing this sort of internal motion, or the motion between things that occurs without our intervention (dynamics of fields). So in that sense, I would prefer to focus on these waves of invisible change than constantly expend energy (mental energy) chasing external improvements/motion.
    Yeah! I like this, I think it's accurate.

    Do xEI have issues with being proven wrong with evidence? (blow to Ti-HA?)
    It's more exactly like Ian said, they think they are 'right' when the 'right answer' always depends on the circumstance. Yes math is 'always right' but on the same token, how often does one truly use math in their daily lives? They are correct to the point of being interpersonally/autistically weird. The only issue I have with being proven wrong with evidence, is I'm too aware of how important people's perceptions are about everything. But really it's a matter of they expend energy very fast, and they arrive at very hasty conclusions. INFps are naturally slower. (I'll talk about this in another thread)

  22. #22
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly, if you just wrote more mature, analytical posts like this instead of causing drama and creating havoc, you'd be liked by 95% of the forum.
    Oh don't be so sensitive. IEI males will always know how to successfully troll people. It's not like Te-egos aren't doing the same thing to us by thinking they're always 'one upping us' cause that's our polr. *roll eyes*

  23. #23
    jughead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "I get the impression Te types are just stating the obvious and oversimplifying to keep things organized. And they kind of cram the obvious down your throat like you're retarded, then they act like they're superior cuz they stated the obvious.
    Also there's the appeal to authority through official sources which is usually dismissiveness disguised as insightfulness. It's just like they hold back investigations with excessive constraints. Also they don't look for underlying meaning so much when you speak.. they're more surface oriented so if your semantics aren't incredibly developed they can just reduce the whole conversation to pure relativism. I've had them pull this a number of times and it's infuriating. Te also translates into rigid hangups.
    It depends alot on the type too though. Like ILIs have the relativism and stating the obvious, but not so much some of the others.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    An SEI once got mad, because I said something like, if someone doesn't make education they have proven to be bad at what they tried to learn. She found it to be to harsh.

    So I guess the bluntness and directness of Te.
    See this is stupid, but it's a good example of Te and how it could feasibly piss me off.
    Jarno says the comment is "harsh". The comment is not harsh it's hastey. It's a hastey conclusion. To describe this as harsh is dismissive. It makes it sound like it's correct, but just needs to be restated "nicer". But the statement is actually incorrect.
    Reading it, it seems like it organizes reality nicely in Jarnos mind. But only by cutting off a ton of exceptions. It is obvious there could be a variety of reasons a person fails their education. Education doesn't even reflect the real experience of working a profession..
    But we're not considering any of this further than the statement "They have been proven to fail at what they wanted to learn".
    It gives this added air of snobbishness and condescension which makes me want to retaliate against it. "


    Pretty good.
    Te types I see as overly concerned with competence and the lack thereof in others. Say if you didn't do the dishes exactly to optimum procedure they will harass you. (Te as logical aggressor, hitting a polr, a psychological painful spot)

    As for ILIs and LSE's they will point out things that are logically possible to say but nobody should say them because they are retarded in conversation and just mean spirited. Extinuating circumstances (aka life) doesn't exist in their statements.
    Stupid metaphor...a yellojacket buzzes you and is annoying looking for openings...it pisses many people off and they kill the fucker. A bee doesn't warn you it just comes straight for you, aggressive style. But I'm not a fucking bee, and you don't mess with me. We speak different languages. EII would be grateful at LSE's logical aggresion because it gets them moving and working. To me its just plain arrogrant asshole behavior and stupid.

    "I agree. The statement is patently wrong. What is hard to accept is only the fact that it is also successful. That there are people in the world that can profit from an act that is principally stupid. "
    Yes and it happens ALL THE TIME and its painful to expirience.

  24. #24
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even though we're correct though, America is unfortunately a very Te-valuing society. So unless we have a huge revolution (not likely), they are always going to value fake bullshit like that. So they always will value rigid, formal education and straight male external institutions like that over the faggot purity of true romantic art. I'm not playing the victim I'm just being real, we're not going to change a whole civilization and a natural inborn function of an entire society.

    I really just need to move, I never been one with that culture. Way too Te-valuing, just gets on my nerves too much naturally and not much to change it other than simply removing myself from the bullshit.

  25. #25
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I just think you're saying that cuz Ian owned ya. =)
    No I just don't think this has anything to do with Te-PoLR. Some of the things he stated are things that Te types do, but it's simply a Te bashing without getting to what xEI is missing. He's not even making an attempt to see how he is missing something.


    See this is stupid, but it's a good example of Te and how it could feasibly piss me off.
    Jarno says the comment is "harsh". The comment is not harsh it's hastey. It's a hastey conclusion. To describe this as harsh is dismissive. It makes it sound like it's correct, but just needs to be restated "nicer". But the statement is actually incorrect.
    Reading it, it seems like it organizes reality nicely in Jarnos mind. But only by cutting off a ton of exceptions. It is obvious there could be a variety of reasons a person fails their education. Education doesn't even reflect the real experience of working a profession..
    But we're not considering any of this further than the statement "They have been proven to fail at what they wanted to learn".
    It gives this added air of snobbishness and condescension which makes me want to retaliate against it.
    This part I agree with actually. It has nothing to do with Te, and as he said, it's a blatantly wrong conclusion. When I read it, I had the same feeling.

    It's more exactly like Ian said, they think they are 'right' when the 'right answer' always depends on the circumstance. Yes math is 'always right' but on the same token, how often does one truly use math in their daily lives? They are correct to the point of being interpersonally/autistically weird. The only issue I have with being proven wrong with evidence, is I'm too aware of how important people's perceptions are about everything. But really it's a matter of they expend energy very fast, and they arrive at very hasty conclusions. INFps are naturally slower. (I'll talk about this in another thread)
    If you can tell me how you're lacking something, I'll be able to trust what you're saying, but you're just making out to be 'they're wrong and I'm right' which clearly indicates that you're missing something, and that more likely than not you're rationalizing you superiority.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  26. #26
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Feeling insecure about lack of work ethic/seemingly inability to mobilise self unless in a serious crisis/at the eleventh hour before a deadline. Other people reminding us of this HURTS. We know, and if we could fix it, we bloody well would have by now

    Chronic uncertainty about efficacy. Always doubting ability to perform tasks and get the intended results (true to PoLR this is an on/off thing: I can either be neurotic and paralysed and mentally prepare the task for way too long so I don't screw up, or I can just charge into a task and start assembling the pieces around me as I go, hoping for the best).

    Mmm... uncertainty about appropriate level of detail. Can swing to extremes of parsimony or... whatever the opposite of parsimony is (That could be Ti HA though).

    EDIT

    Also, maybe more Ti HA again, but having an inclination for listening to internal logic > external reality. I'm slowly maturing out of this but I still make errors time to time.

    This has been the most insightful post here, but still there are parts I'm not sure are really related to Te.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  27. #27
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I was doing a job with gulanzon: (let's say idk ,working at a bakery making cookies or something? I don't know)

    (we'd bullshit all day about RPG theory, world of warcraft theory and general geeky shit. We'd get so geeky with it and get super deep with it) Then at the end of the day it would be like:

    our boss: YOU STUPID FAGGOTS YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT. DON'T YOU SEE THERE'S A REAL OUTSIDE EXTERNAL REAL WORLD TO RUN WHERE IT MOVES FAST AND BRUTAL AND PEOPLE WANT THINGS. YOU TWO ARE FIRED! FAGS!

    okay it wouldn't be this exaggerated it would be more like we'd do a 'C+ job' we'd do the bare minimum but it would obviously be sloppy. =D

  28. #28
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you can tell me how you're lacking something, I'll be able to trust what you're saying, but you're just making out to be 'they're wrong and I'm right' which clearly indicates that you're missing something, and that more likely than not you're rationalizing you superiority.
    *sigh* I don't have a superiority complex about much of anything, so you're wrong for thinking that. I don't mean to come across that way though.

  29. #29
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    I get the impression Te types are just stating the obvious and oversimplifying to keep things organized. And they kind of cram the obvious down your throat like you're retarded, then they act like they're superior cuz they stated the obvious.
    Funny. Just today I had an argument with an ESE about this again. She's often stating the obvious, expects me to applaud it and is upset when I don't. I usually point out it's obvious, and as she just keeps repeating it, that there's no need to repeatedly state the obvious. Then she rants about how "you have to talk of something blah blah blah" and how it doesn't matter how obvious it is or isn't.

    Basically Fe seems to me like communicating the obvious for the sake of communicating, i.e. disregarding information being exchanged because what matters to it is exchange itself.

  30. #30
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    *sigh* I don't have a superiority complex about much of anything, so you're wrong for thinking that. I don't mean to come across that way though.
    I'm not trying to say that you have a superiority complex, just that you're not explaining yourself objectively as far as I can tell, which may even part of what Te-PoLR is. But idk. That's what I'm trying to get at, but I need a 'real' explanation and not a rant.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  31. #31
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    You do realize that you just used Te to criticize a Fe-ego for using Fe when criticizing Te-egos?
    Lmao.. well if that's true, this is the wrong context for Fe. I have no problem with their ranting, but do it some where where people won't take it seriously. I can appreciate blurting out stuff just because it makes you feel good, but I hope I'm not the only one here who would like constructive info on the subject.

    Besides, somehow I don't think they meant it that way. I really do think they were trying to be informative, but imo they didn't do it very well. Maybe that's Te-polr: trouble expressing one's self objectively. Please correct me if I'm wrong
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 10-07-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  32. #32
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    Just saw your edited message.

    You misunderstood me. Of course he tried to be informative. But he argued from a Fe-valuing point of view (that there could be other truths than the one you claim is "objective"). Te seems very stiff and blind in the eyes of Fe. I imagine a bit like Se can seem to Ne-valuers. Fe deals with internal dynamics, Te with external. They will never manage to communicate on the same level, cause they don't talk about the same thing.
    This is not true. People aren't unable to communicate with their undervalued functions in mind. Even if it's a PoLR. It's not like they are different species. Communication might be hard, but it's not impossible.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  33. #33
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I think you need to realize that Te-PoLR is a weakness. Maybe what has been stated is incorrect, but for you to say that Te types just have it wrong is just trying to make yourself out to have no weakness. You're just taking regular stupidity and saying its Te to make yourself superior.
    Te types don't always have it wrong. And I never said they did. The question was: What pisses INFps off about Te? Some Te pisses me off and other Te I ignore.

    The real weakness of INFp is Se. Te polr is somewhere in between the ego and there. The DS function is weaker than the polr.
    Model As forward moving information metabolism is inherently flawed and it misleads people to think there is an irrevocable imbalance between the id and superego where the id always comes out stronger. But that makes no sense. They have to be balanced around the superid.

    There are Ti heavy INFps who have stronger Te than they do Fi on this board.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 10-07-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    INTp

  34. #34
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    Te types don't always have it wrong. And I never said they did. The question was: What pisses INFps off about Te? Some Te pisses me off and other Te I ignore.
    You're right. That's my bad. I was expecting something to the effect of 'how does Te affect you?' and so 'how is it your weakness?' played into it. I got it wrong.

    The real weakness of INFp is Se and then Ti. Te polr is somewhere in between the ego and there. The DS function is weaker than the polr. Why would we say the superego is inherently weaker than the id? That makes no sense. They have to be balanced around the superid.
    Model As forward moving information metabolism is inherently flawed starting with there only being 8 distinct function blocks where there should be 16.
    Idk where you're going with that, but that's a topic for a different thread I think.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  35. #35
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can ignore it if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    You do realize that you just used Te to criticize a Fe-ego for using Fe when criticizing Te-egos?
    Lol
    INTp

  36. #36
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    You can ignore it if you want.
    lol, I just have no idea how you got there. You made all these assertions, but there's nothing backing it up.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  37. #37
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well it's pretty much Ti. Ti is really structural. I'm pointing out flaws in a system and then describing the ideal system. If you can't read what I wrote and see the meaning in it then no amount of discussion is going to get us anywhere.
    INTp

  38. #38
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    It's all Ti structure which you don't really understand.
    lol, If I just told you right now that it is indeed possible to travel back in time, I'm sure you would expect some kind of explanation.


    I should just take down my type so people don't keep making these assumptions.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  39. #39
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    lol, If I just told you right now that it is indeed possible to travel back in time, I'm sure you would expect some kind of explanation.


    I should just take down my type so people don't keep making these assumptions.
    That has nothing to do with this. I think you're unable to hear my explanation. The explanation I gave is actually sufficient if you think with Ti. Would you try to describe the science of time travel to a random person on the internet? That would just overstrain you. You didn't get it the first time.. it was completely meaningless to you. That's as far as my attempt to explain myself goes.
    INTp

  40. #40
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    The real weakness of INFp is Se. Te polr is somewhere in between the ego and there. The DS function is weaker than the polr.
    Model As forward moving information metabolism is inherently flawed and it misleads people to think there is an irrevocable imbalance between the id and superego where the id always comes out stronger. But that makes no sense. They have to be balanced around the superid.
    here I'll ask you more specifc questions.

    DS weaker than PoLR. I don't want to get into details like the PoLR is stronger than the DS, but weaker than everything else. If thats the case, fine I can accept that, but if not I have to ask why do you think so?

    I'm not sure what you mean by forward moving info-metablism.

    I think it makes sense that the id comes out stronger than the super-ego for the simple reason that they are somewhat related to the ego. But also, if there is an opposing relationship of strength between dual elements (e.g. base-Se implies DS-Ni) then the id must be stronger than the super-ego since the super-ego is suppressed by the ego.

    and you had mentioned there should be 16 instead of 8 blocks, so why do you think so?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •