User Tag List

Thread: Voila! Yet another of those afflicted with chronic daydreaming disorder!

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voila! Yet another of those afflicted with chronic daydreaming disorder!

So, my name is James. I'm a new IEI (Fe subtype, I think) 4w3 sx/so. I'm 17 years of age, and live in the Catskills in New York state (though my family may be moving to Phoenix, Arizona soon given my father's business commitments, he's a high-level executive in a certain business and does most of his work in the Southwest). I'm currently a student at a third-rate community college near my house. I'm actually writing this as I slack off on studying for History of Western Civilization 2 and Introduction to Ethics exams. I'm also utterly indecisive about my major or career path, having changed my mind countless times, often roughly 20 times in the same day. Actually... you could say I'm that indecisive about just about everything, really.

My username doesn't do my spaceiness justice - my mind lives somewhere high above outer space, far above even Cloudcuckooland. I essentially live inside my own head, and am often socially awkward or nervous, despite my strong enjoyment of talking with (or more often, intentionally annoying ) people.

My interests include coming up with random theories for random things, connecting completely unrelated subjects and/or entertainment media together with inane theories, pulling explanations for things out of my ass rather than relying on pesky "evidence," philosophy, political science, economics, sociology, anthropology, physics, and theater arts, as well as exploring the outdoors (especially the forest near my house, and hiking around the Catskills) .

I have many weird quirks, among them my acting out for attention and need for an audience to bounce my random theories off of, and my compulsive love of adventure (I've actually gotten... excited when I got lost in the Chinese ghetto of Liverpool with my family on vacation once, because it meant an adventure to get back to the hotel). I also can be extremely power-hungry and manipulative at times.

Hooray for incoherent rambling! Hello everyone!

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, James! You sound really funny and cool.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hola, fellow IEI. Explanations ex gluteum are always better than explanations with evidence. Just like phrases with bad mock Latin are always better than phrases with real latin.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wassup
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwings
    Welcome, James! You sound really funny and cool.
    Thank you. Cool like fedoras, I hope? I should hope I'm not less cool than fedoras, a high standard I know because fedoras are very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Chronic Day Dreaming Disorder, I know it well. I think I called it ADD, though. Oh well, welcome.
    Ah well, I prefer my own name for it to the drab and dry clinical name. A pox on the clinical name, I say, and the house of its namer! Death to the namer's first-born goat!

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9
    Hola, fellow IEI. Explanations ex gluteum are always better than explanations with evidence. Just like phrases with bad mock Latin are always better than phrases with real latin.
    Mock Latin is cool, like fedoras. Thumbs up to you! Toes up to you as well for that Walt Whitman avatar, Whitman was even cooler than the ungodly bastard child of mock Latin and fedoras.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei
    Wassup
    Building a Tesla coil because I can, as I eat ramen noodles and annoy my little sister and her friend for no real reason other than that I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why hello ;D off topic: Spaceman Spiff blasting laser toting dinasaurs from space is still fresh in my mind from childhood

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    Thank you. Cool like fedoras, I hope? I should hope I'm not less cool than fedoras, a high standard I know because fedoras are very cool.
    It really just depends on the fedora. If the fedora is pictured on the head of someone like Jimmy Cagney, there is no way any currently living human being can equal the coolness. But if it's just, like, a random fedora on some random person's head, you can equal its coolness or even surpass it. 'Kay? Feel better now?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also found your self-description in the dual-typing thread to be remarkably ILE-sounding.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be an IEI-ILE, but I am certainly IEI in my IM type. For one thing, my head is completely up in the clouds, and I'm always thinking about the future and hidden connections between things. I have no appreciation whatsoever for sensory pleasures, and tend to not even notice them. Ni ego and Si super-ego definitely fit me.

Additionally, my Fe is a tad too strong to be super-id. I think about relationships between people almost obsessively, and love an environment wherein people can have fun and not have to watch what they say more than anything. I'm very skilled at creating such an environment.

And while I fit one trait of Se super-ego (my inability to do anything I'm forced to do, which is also a trait of ADD and Asperger's syndrome), I'm actually rather valuing of Se in others. I'm grateful for people who can get things done and make an immediate impact, and am especially attracted to it in women (bit of a closet masochist, really... well, more than a bit, considering my BDSM fetish).

I also identify rather heavily with Beta quadra values. I'm prone to being very theatrical, giving these long rants/monologues, melodramatic self-expression - Fe blocked with Ni. I also like hierarchy, especially when it increases my own power and status within that hierarchy - Se blocked with Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwings
    It really just depends on the fedora. If the fedora is pictured on the head of someone like Jimmy Cagney, there is no way any currently living human being can equal the coolness. But if it's just, like, a random fedora on some random person's head, you can equal its coolness or even surpass it. 'Kay? Feel better now?
    I sure do. Fedoras are cool. So is ripping off the Eleventh Doctor. In fact, ripping off the Eleventh Doctor is even cooler.
    Last edited by CloudCuckooLander; 10-03-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added my strong valuation of Beta quadra values

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ He does. And yet he keeps reminding me of my ENTp first boyfriend, too.