Thread: What do you hate???

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you hate???

Just thought for a bit of fun i'd ask everyone what kind of activities really irk them off to see if it was partly type related or not.

So tell me.....what activities, jobs, chores, careers etc do you/would you hate to do???

This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cleaning

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't like doing activities.

There aren't really any chores I hate doing, as long as I have the right equipment.

I would hate to have to attempt to sell a product and\or interact with consumers, although I do not mind working as part of a team quite so much.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    cleaning
    the bathroom.

organizing anything. sifting through junk and making decisions about what to keep and what to throw away.

I also hate huge crowds for long periods of time with no respite.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Fi-ESI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Restaurants that bring you salad before your meal. Seriously, does anybody actually want to eat it? What the Hell? Just bring me my damn spaghetti, bitch!
    phobic 6w5 sp/so/sx (tri-type: 6w5/1w9/4w5)
    Fi-ESI

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinist777 View Post
    Restaurants that bring you salad before your meal. Seriously, does anybody actually want to eat it? What the Hell? Just bring me my damn spaghetti, bitch!
    why do they even do that.. america is backwards. you're supposed to have a salad AFTER the meal not before, it helps with digestion.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    why do they even do that.. america is backwards. you're supposed to have a salad AFTER the meal not before, it helps with digestion.
    Eating salad before a meal makes sense because it's a filler - you can eat a lot of it to satisfy first hunger, then you don't overeat on the richer main course. Additionally, most people like salad much less than other foods, so they're unlikely to want it at all afterwards - or they'd only eat a bite and pretend it makes their meal more healthy. It's good if you want to lose weight.

Eating salad after a meal makes sense because it contains a lot of fiber and helps your digestion - which is also more efficient because acids are more concentrated in the beginning, when you eat a rich meal.

Either way, you lose. Or win. Depends how you look at it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate doing dishes. I hate mandatory research or specific-length assignments. I hate loud noises. I hate inexplicit instructions.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Job hunting / Job interviews

Taxes
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mean people
    Driving
    The inclusion of coconut and nuts ruining perfectly good food

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poetry, and a glass of scotch, and of course, my friend Baxter here.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dumb people, waiting in line.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Dumb people waiting in line.
    I agree.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I agree.
    I see you got back from the knife party.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad beer, bad whiskey, bad friends, mean people.
    especially, arrogant and dumb people like the above user.

what I love: good beer, good whiskey, good people, secure of themselves who don´t have to be idiots to prove themselves.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    like the above user.
    The feeling is mutual. Your time will come.

By the way, the thread asks what you hate not love.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Poetry, and a glass of scotch, and of course, my friend Baxter here.
    this is what you hate?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Mean people
    Driving
    you hate driving? oh man. it's one of my favorite things.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    you hate driving? oh man. it's one of my favorite things.
    It stresses me out since I'm a bit of a space cadet.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It stresses me out since I'm a bit of a space cadet.
    yeah I'm a space cadet too. I guess I love it because it forces me to pay attention plus it's freeeeeeeeedom! Independence. Power. Speed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Footed Frog View Post
    Just thought for a bit of fun i'd ask everyone what kind of activities really irk them off to see if it was partly type related or not.

So tell me.....what activities, jobs, chores, careers etc do you/would you hate to do???

Some of the more everyday things are less serious anger and more like annoying little things that add up quickly.

Traffic
    • People who abruptly change lanes into your lane without signaling and then go slower than you
    • People who accelerate when you approach them at a faster speed and then start to race with you
    • People who inch forward impatiently when waiting at a red light
    • People who take a long time to move forward when a light turns red
    • People who don't know to accelerate to the the speed of the highway when entering a highway
    • People who drive jerky, spastic, and forced rather than with fluidity
    • People who can't yield and merge intelligently with other drivers
    • People who go when it's your right of way and people who stop when it's their right of way
    • People who park their car in busy areas or go slow in high access critical areas (entrances, exits, etc)
    • People who think driving like a reckless asshole is cool (I think cool is having good control and skill and being able to do amazing things with your car, like drifting etc)
    • The Topper - Getting angry at other drivers when they are the one who breaks the law and makes a mistake (I can forgive people who have a more lighthearted oops attitude about their mistakes)

Everyday People Issues
    • People who stand in critical areas, door ways, elevator entrance, stair entrance, etc and are oblivious that they are blocking something
    • People who talk really loudly on their cellphone in public places where you don't have a choice to hear their conservation or it's a quiet/private place (elevators, bathrooms, and libraries)
    • People who have a fake badass attitude related to their love of rap music
    • People whose definition of love/romance/sex is largely inspired by teen pop music notions
    • People who don't leave you alone when your upset or tired, or tell you to smile etc... much like the "somebody has a case of the mondays" thing from office space
    • Impatient people who have the kind of "DO DO DO DO DO" energy and can't be calm and thoughtful

Important Issues
    • The materialistic american way of life
    • Higher Education mostly being about making grades to earn a degree to land a job and less about intellectual exploration (GPA is more important than knowledge building - Feeling successful for a high GPA is the reward in school rather than the process of exploring new mental frontiers and cultivating a strong mind)
    • Injustice in society (not really an anarchist, I'm actually very pro-law, I just have a very unique perspective about laws and hate to see the law used as a tool for people to exploit other people)
    • Pop-Culture Stereotypes (I support people who have personal reasons for their opinions and not people who just plug into pop-culture to be part of the hip collective, even then it really doesn't bother me much, its just when this collective begins to antagonize something I personally enjoy solely because its outside of their sphere)
    • Disrespectful People (A special breed who likes to put down others that have because they don't have, spiteful, jealous, arrogant, entitled... the attitude being "If I can't have it you don't deserve it". The kind of people who trap a lion and try to break its spirit to feel more powerful than it. People who justify their actions as "the world is unfair" -- usually people say that in response to experiencing something unfair in order to cope and not when contributing to the unfairness of the world.) Basically the idea of someone whose goal is to destroy those things better than them to feel on top rather than one who aspires to reach the top inspired by the sublime grandeur beauty in the world around them or the lack thereof of that beauty and the feeling of wanting something even better.

That's all I can think of right now

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

lol oh yea and obviously the concept of being fat... this is going to sound so wrong but I don't hate the laidback happy or chill Type B fat person who is calm and just enjoys life.... I hate the fat person who just takes in and takes in without contributing.... both really make sense how their character and lifestyle connects with their physical appearance.

Now if it's biological, like endomorphic body type or low metabolism, obviously.... obviously.... that's different and I am sympathetic to their plight at being fat, but otherwise.... I mean seriously... contribute something. See I don't have a problem with the laidback happy or chill fat people because they contribute a sense of calm, relaxation and well being to society. But the fat gluttons just have this whole overbearing energy about them like they are constantly demanding "feed me" to everyone around them... and the worst thing you can do is feed them, don't encourage it, give that food to someone who is metaphorically "starving" instead.

Also this is a very special case of fat person.... a very rare and difficult thing to prove, but I've experienced these types of people... usually I don't prejudge fat people... its more like I sense the whole "feed me" attitude and then I notice wow they happen to be fat.... how fitting. This only has occurred maybe twice in my life, and if I were an author and I had to describe the physical appearance of a character with gluttonous attributes they'd be fat. I mean jaba the hut was very fat and slobish and everything in his lair was all about being a slob and killing people etc for his own amusement... I was glad to see that fat turd get choked by leia, it was such a fitting ending for him to get choked by the chain he used to enslave his prize possession.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol oh yea and obviously the concept of being fat... this is going to sound so wrong but I don't hate the laidback happy or chill Type B fat person who is calm and just enjoys life.... I hate the fat person who just takes in and takes in without contributing.... both really make sense how their character and lifestyle connects with their physical appearance.

Now if it's biological, like endomorphic body type or low metabolism, obviously.... obviously.... that's different and I am sympathetic to their plight at being fat, but otherwise.... I mean seriously... contribute something. See I don't have a problem with the laidback happy or chill fat people because they contribute a sense of calm, relaxation and well being to society. But the fat gluttons just have this whole overbearing energy about them like they are constantly demanding "feed me" to everyone around them... and the worst thing you can do is feed them, don't encourage it, give that food to someone who is metaphorically "starving" instead.

Also this is a very special case of fat person.... a very rare and difficult thing to prove, but I've experienced these types of people... usually I don't prejudge fat people... its more like I sense the whole "feed me" attitude and then I notice wow they happen to be fat.... how fitting.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

More please.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mean people
    Driving

What???

No way. Hate? That's terrible.

Anyway, (anything goes)

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what you hate?
    No, it was meant to be a play on when the biker guy (played by Jack Black) asks Ron Burgundy what he loves.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all eminently quotable.

Some of the more everyday things are less serious anger and more like annoying little things that add up quickly.

Traffic
    • People who abruptly change lanes into your lane without signaling and then go slower than you
    • People who accelerate when you approach them at a faster speed and then start to race with you
    • People who inch forward impatiently when waiting at a red light
    • People who take a long time to move forward when a light turns red
    • People who don't know to accelerate to the the speed of the highway when entering a highway
    • People who drive jerky, spastic, and forced rather than with fluidity
    • People who can't yield and merge intelligently with other drivers
    • People who go when it's your right of way and people who stop when it's their right of way
    • People who park their car in busy areas or go slow in high access critical areas (entrances, exits, etc)
    • People who think driving like a reckless asshole is cool (I think cool is having good control and skill and being able to do amazing things with your car, like drifting etc)
    • The Topper - Getting angry at other drivers when they are the one who breaks the law and makes a mistake (I can forgive people who have a more lighthearted oops attitude about their mistakes)

Everyday People Issues
    • People who stand in critical areas, door ways, elevator entrance, stair entrance, etc and are oblivious that they are blocking something
    • People who talk really loudly on their cellphone in public places where you don't have a choice to hear their conservation or it's a quiet/private place (elevators, bathrooms, and libraries)
    • People who have a fake badass attitude related to their love of rap music
    • People whose definition of love/romance/sex is largely inspired by teen pop music notions
    • People who don't leave you alone when your upset or tired, or tell you to smile etc... much like the "somebody has a case of the mondays" thing from office space
    • Impatient people who have the kind of "DO DO DO DO DO" energy and can't be calm and thoughtful

Important Issues
    • The materialistic american way of life
    • Higher Education mostly being about making grades to earn a degree to land a job and less about intellectual exploration (GPA is more important than knowledge building - Feeling successful for a high GPA is the reward in school rather than the process of exploring new mental frontiers and cultivating a strong mind)
    • Injustice in society (not really an anarchist, I'm actually very pro-law, I just have a very unique perspective about laws and hate to see the law used as a tool for people to exploit other people)
    • Pop-Culture Stereotypes (I support people who have personal reasons for their opinions and not people who just plug into pop-culture to be part of the hip collective, even then it really doesn't bother me much, its just when this collective begins to antagonize something I personally enjoy solely because its outside of their sphere)
    • Disrespectful People (A special breed who likes to put down others that have because they don't have, spiteful, jealous, arrogant, entitled... the attitude being "If I can't have it you don't deserve it". The kind of people who trap a lion and try to break its spirit to feel more powerful than it. People who justify their actions as "the world is unfair" -- usually people say that in response to experiencing something unfair in order to cope and not when contributing to the unfairness of the world.) Basically the idea of someone whose goal is to destroy those things better than them to feel on top rather than one who aspires to reach the top inspired by the sublime grandeur beauty in the world around them or the lack thereof of that beauty and the feeling of wanting something even better.

Creepy-male

Basically anything that works against individuality, privacy, fluidity in movement, and calm clarity of thought I hate.

So anything that places popular consensus over the individuals opinions and desires

Anything that is invasive of ones privacy

Anything that is unneccesarily spastic in movement

Anything that is impatient in thought

People should go out in nature by themselves, hear the sound of their breath, relax, and read a book on a subject they like. I think that would literally solve half the worlds problems.

I mean my day consists usually of being out on campus
    being in my room
    or
    being in traffic

Whenever I'm on campus I'm surrounded by people, which isn't bad, but privacy is horrible... I go to the computer lab, and some kid is playing world of warcraft clicking his mouse like crazy while I'm trying to type up a lab report that's due in 2 hours. I go to the library and people are talking on their cellphones and chit chatting in the library. Also one time I was sitting next to a trash can and this guy came up and while facing me spits into the trash can next to me.... not spitting gum out... just spitting.... it was the fucking rudest bullshit in the world, also to make it worse I saw him approach me and I made eye contact with him for 2 second before he goes "pheuwwwww" and spits a high powered clump of saliva into the trash can 6 inches away from my right arm. Also I try to tutor people and explain things, and everyone's always impatient, if they can't extrapolate the required information from me in less than 5 seconds they loose interest and then give me a stare like I'm an idiot that doesn't know what I'm talking about, however I do and when I finish yapping they have a blank stare on their face. Of course tutoring is ok because after a while a good synergy is developed but usually the point is I'm always dealing with impatient people. If I'm in line at a store and the person asks me a question and I take longer than 2 seconds between their last word and my response they keep repeating themselves instead of wait for my answer.... usually I wait like 5-10 seconds to respond to questions, because I'm thinking.... If I give people at stores coins they have trouble counting them because they seem antsy, impatient, and distracted. I don't know what it is, multi-tasking? high powered lifestyles? put seriously its not hard to count change... you just start with quarters... bundle them in fours to make dollars then find the remainder, say the total outloud then move to dimes, repeat, nickels, and then lastly pennies, if it helps lay it down on the counter.... it requires very little effort, yet it always happens, I give them a couple of quarters dimes and pennies and they give me the stare of doom and confusion.

If I survive my day out in public, I get to be rewarded by traffic which moves extremely stop and go and slow at one extreme and on the other it moves extremely competitive. I can't simply get a good cruise established. I used to be able to drive around listen to music and feel like my car was an air hockey puck and feel the curves of the road.... now I get to feel the indecisiveness and cautiousness of the driver in front of me and the impatience of the driver behind me, and it makes a nice little sandwich of love.

When I retreat back to my room, surely my roommates are outside my door making shitloads of noise, and whenever I'm in my room trying to have 2 seconds of privacy they are outside have a fucking party.... also I haven't tested it but I think the can hear whats going on in my room from outside my door, like whenever I'm typing on the computer, its annoying I don't like the feeling that their listening to what I'm doing.

Finally I've tried to just be clever and ninja like and drive to empty parking lots or parking garages just to escape for 2 seconds to hear myself think. At the parking garage I paid to use, last semester, I was in my car talking aloud to myself and listening to music for 30 mins, and apparently I was being watched the entire time on fucking camera so they sent an employee up to check on me because apparently its not normal to stay in your car in a garage and you must leave in 0.2 seconds upon arrival at your parking spot.... at first they didn't tell me why the were concerned but later they told me it was because they thought I looked angry and that they were concerned I was going to kill myself... so then they called the campus police and they asked me personal questions.... which really just made me even more angry, which made them ask more questions, eventually I had to act like a complete phony, smiling and pretending to be all happy about my life so they'd leave me alone, now I always feel monitored in the parking garage and whenever the gate doesn't work and I have to go to the main office its extremely awkward... because in my head I'm thinking I should say something like "hey, remember me, that one time you thought I was going to kill myself.... hahahahhaha"...... so parking garage.... no..... second is a secluded parking spot..... well that didn't work because the off campus apartments I live at are in a poorer part of town and apparently one day I was in this parking lot and I was eating taco bell and the security guard came up to me and told me to leave because their was alot of crime in this area (prostitution etc) and I told him, "oh well I'm not a criminal I am just eating my taco bell", and he told me some bullshit like I had to leave..... so pretty much I can't go anywhere without privacy.... the only exception is either staying up extremely late into the evening (morning doesn't work because of commuters being everywhere) or to go to my parents house. Both of which are largely impractical solutions.

TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let's see, this is my chance to spew!

Well, really, I don't have a lot of small stuff to worry about. I mean, I do get very annoyed when people are not aware of how to share physical space in this crowded old world. When they walk two or three abreast down a sidewalk or aisle and won't let you pass and worse, don't even notice you. All the merry antics involved in rude driving behavior. That can be maddening. But I'm always aware that my own habits may very well piss off other people who have different ideas about how to walk, drive, etc.

The things that bug me are more along these lines:

* Magical thinking.
    * New Age mumbo-jumbo.
    * Spiritual dilettantism and faddishness.
    * Racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia.
    * Mainstream U.S. public education.
    * Parents treating their kids like show ponies or worse, race horses.
    * The religious right and the fucked-up two-party U.S. political system.
    * Sexual taboos.
    * Most television.
    * Unsound nutritional advice, both from the ADA and from the extremes (like the raw-foods diet)--eat some butter, folks.
    * General lack of intellectual curiosity.
    * The shrinking of the middle class.
    * Short-term governmental Band-aids with no long-range plan in view.
    * Corporatism and academia both having robbed the arts of their vitality.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwings View Post
    So let's see, this is my chance to spew!

Well, really, I don't have a lot of small stuff to worry about. I mean, I do get very annoyed when people are not aware of how to share physical space in this crowded old world. When they walk two or three abreast down a sidewalk or aisle and won't let you pass and worse, don't even notice you. All the merry antics involved in rude driving behavior. That can be maddening. But I'm always aware that my own habits may very well piss off other people who have different ideas about how to walk, drive, etc.

The things that bug me are more along these lines:

* Magical thinking.
    * New Age mumbo-jumbo.
    * Spiritual dilettantism and faddishness.
    * Racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia.
    * Mainstream U.S. public education.
    * Parents treating their kids like show ponies or worse, race horses.
    * The religious right and the fucked-up two-party U.S. political system.
    * Sexual taboos.
    * Most television.
    * Unsound nutritional advice, both from the ADA and from the extremes (like the raw-foods diet)--eat some butter, folks.
    * General lack of intellectual curiosity.
    * The shrinking of the middle class.
    * Short-term governmental Band-aids with no long-range plan in view.
    * Corporatism and academia both having robbed the arts of their vitality.
    hey!

I can relate to all of those lol

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just realised i hadnt said what i hate...

Main one is selfish people that act like they don't give a stuff about others...even by doing simple things like pushing in a queue when its obvious others are waiting and been there longer, people who make noises-talking on their phone or listening to music inconsiderately loud, swearing, making vulgar comments that make others feel awkward etc

people who just live in a pure fantasy land of stupidity...im all for imagination and coming up with fun ideas but when you actually believe in some of them (eg. a girl who comes to my work not understanding there is no pill out there that makes you magically shed 10kg in one week with no diet or exercise change...lol thats just stupid!)

Driving....stresses me out and there are so many terrible drivers out there.

people who moan about something so trivial like a guy not texting them back the day after they met them etc.

Spiders....they creep me out! one way to make me run for the exit specially if theyre big and hairy!

being told what to do by people who have no right to...and usually do it to make themselves feel more powerful (and i usually already know exactly what to do anyway so why do i need to be told??)

people who just say "you" on threads or make snide comments and think they are oh so smart for making them but just make others think less of them.

heights or theme park rides that make you go upside down, really fast over hills.

and people that beat around the bush rather than directly say what they want or are thinking...(eg. im so hungry...well go and EAT)

these are all little things that somehow manage to annoy me...haha but other than that im a pretty easygoing person...dont come across that way though do i?
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passive aggression
    Abuse of power
    Unwarranted arrogance
    Being told what to do
    Being wrong
    Slow drivers
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey!

I can relate to all of those lol
    Rick, you just took all the petty things that drive me insane, so you left me the big stuff to deal with.