0 Thread(s)

Default Poll on Goldilocks!!

Vote on her type!

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldilocks clearly uses Ni and Fe in the way she talks so i say IEI!
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a feel for what you identified with in Delta that you don't (or might not) identify with now?

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in case some of you dont realise, goldilocks used to be called suzzy. Suzzy (goldilocks) is my mother.

She isnt your typical mother. We have wonderful conversations over coffee. Just this week we had an indepth conversation of our view on time. Mum says her most beautiful moments of life are when she stops time and looks around and takes everything in.

She has a good understanding of feelings, and believes everyone is entitled to their feelings. But she doesnt let hers control her. In fact sometime she can come across as a thinking type. But we at home all know she isnt.

She gazes off into her own world very often. When you ask her what shes doing or thinking, its all about comtemplation and time out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best I can tell, you make a really good case for IEI.

And, rest assured, you're not the only one thinking "I'm not a Maritsa."

I guess I just find something interesting in your transition from an INFj self-typing to INFp. Maybe they're more similar than I imagine, but I'd think their heads work pretty differently. Guess I was kinda nosily curious if you felt something dramatically changed within yourself, or if you were more looking at yourself from a different perspective.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    Well I like many of the people on this forum who think that they are Delta and am still getting a feel for the Beta members.

I guess you all know that I do not relate well to Maritsa though, who claims to be INFj, nor do I relate to the way she leads the Delta lounge thread into "us INFj's all need Si" on occasions. Let's just say that if she is then I will definitely say that I am not - we just irritate one another too much.

I do however relate well to this Beta Quadra description:
    ₪₪₪ Socionics Study Blogspot ₪₪₪: The Quadras

I have been reading the book "Understanding the People Around You: An Introduction to Socionics and on pages 25-27 where the bus and moose scenario is described it is clear that I would be the person using . This is what is says about the person:
    Sitting apart from everyone else is a blond girl with dreamy blue eyes. She is gazing at the sky where stars have begun to appear. The girl's thoughts are far away from what is happening around her: <<That's life. It is fast burning, like twigs in a fire, and only the stars will remain here when we will be gone from this world...>>. Gradually, words form in her head and arrange themselves into poetry. Naturally, her mind is directed by the temporal Intuition .

I also relate very well to the and function descriptions here:
    ₪₪₪ Socionics Study Blogspot ₪₪₪: The Functions
    The sites you posted seems to deal more with Jungian definitions than Socionics ones, so it could give conflicting impressions of the types.

IMO these are much better sites for learning about Model A Socionics

Socionics in the West
    Wikisocion
    Main Page - WSWiki
    Google Translate
    Socionics.org
    Google Translate

I'm not really sure what type you are, Suzzy; from your videos I thought perhaps IEI but I'm really not sure if you're Se seeking or Se PoLR

I guess you all know that I do not relate well to Maritsa though, who claims to be INFj, nor do I relate to the way she leads the Delta lounge thread into "us INFj's all need Si" on occasions. Let's just say that if she is then I will definitely say that I am not - we just irritate one another too much.
    Maritsa is a very obvious EIE IMHO, so even if, say, you were an IEI and thus, her mirror, it would be difficult to relate to the energy and forwardness of an Ej.
    I pretty much find it easier to relate to my business on a superficial basis than IEE's, for example. Internally mirrors are easier to relate to but externally the opposing temperaments can create a divide in terms of being able to relate to one another.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt anyone in this forum relates well to Maritsa. Dont take it as any indication on anything whatsoever, either Beta, Delta or anything else. Not to mention she is likely to be mistyped, but if not, that still doesnt change anything.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do however relate well to this Beta Quadra description:
    ₪₪₪ Socionics Study Blogspot ₪₪₪: The Quadras
    Lol, why do they have a picture of Johnny Depp in Beta, and Angelina Jolie in Delta quadra haha? Those descriptions are horrible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Lol, why do they have a picture of Johnny Depp in Beta, and Angelina Jolie in Delta quadra haha? Those descriptions are horrible.
    some people think Johnny Depp is IEI but I think he's SEI. And I've seen Angelina typed SLI somewhere...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    some people think Johnny Depp is IEI but I think he's SEI.
    Beh. Not either. Why?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL i know that is a HORRIBLE website for socionics!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Best I can tell, you make a really good case for IEI.

And, rest assured, you're not the only one thinking "I'm not a Maritsa."

I guess I just find something interesting in your transition from an INFj self-typing to INFp. Maybe they're more similar than I imagine, but I'd think their heads work pretty differently. Guess I was kinda nosily curious if you felt something dramatically changed within yourself, or if you were more looking at yourself from a different perspective.
    I disagree. All intuitives do what was in that description from time to time, heck perhaps all types do that at times, we all have our daydreamy moments.

I remember reading stuff like that before, about daydreaming, etc, and relating a lot to it, and thus was thinking i'm IEI, but that sort of description does not capture the essence of IEI well at all.

The way i think of IEI is (though tbh i dont understand them very well at all), they have this constant thought process whereby they are forming one-dimensional stream of consciousness stories in their head about whatever thing comes their way, and that's why they seem so dreamy from the outside, but they are actually very perceptive and dont actually get lost in their thoughts the way Ne-egos can. This goes for Ni-egos in general, I think.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I remember reading stuff like that before, about daydreaming, etc, and relating a lot to it, and thus was thinking i'm IEI, but that sort of description does not capture the essence of IEI well at all.
    i thought i was IEI at first for the exact same reason.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    The sites you posted seems to deal more with Jungian definitions than Socionics ones, so it could give conflicting impressions of the types.

IMO these are much better sites for learning about Model A Socionics

Socionics in the West
    Wikisocion
    Main Page - WSWiki
    Google Translate
    Socionics.org
    Google Translate

u forgot socionix.com

gallery.socionix.com --> best, most accurate resource for VI benchmarks imo.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes http://gallery.socionix.com is an incredible VI tool. Not only does it show the people of each type, but also the vast amount of similarity and featured expression of each type. It's extremely difficult not to notice those similarities in most people, compared to other VI galleries that are much smaller and specific.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Gallery is an incredible VI tool. Not only does it show the people of each type, but also the vast amount of similarity and featured expression of each type. It's extremely difficult not to notice those similarities in most people, compared to other VI galleries that are much smaller and specific.
    I agree with most of the typings of people in the socionix VI gallery too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with most of the typings of people in the socionix VI gallery too.
    I went through the Socionix VI Gallery but i couldnt pick out which group of people reminded me of Goldilocks. Which do you think fits her best?

Although i did pick out the groups i like and dislike myself lol...
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u forgot socionix.com

gallery.socionix.com --> best, most accurate resource for VI benchmarks imo.
    I didn't forget it, I just think it's an inaccurate mess, and I highly disagree with the VI list being accurate, Ricks, Expats, Niffweeds and Krigs famous peoples typings have been the most accurate to Model A IMHO
    Ashton's site is.....a more unorthodox form of typology

Se seeking = Se dual seeking?

Reposting a couple of videos of me from a couple of years ago. Please be kind everyone and forgive me for rambling about hidden agenda - I think when I made them I had just learnt about hidden agenda and was looking at it from the wrong angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3p_9dX3lo4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2akHoFdbbo
    I couldn't watch them since they're set to private
    EII INFj

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't forget it, I just think it's an inaccurate mess, and I highly disagree with the VI list being accurate, Ricks, Expats, Niffweeds and Krigs famous peoples typings have been the most accurate to Model A IMHO
    Yeah, I agree, I find Rick, Expat, Niffweed, and Marie84 to be the most generally reliable typers. Other people have an excellent understanding of the theoretical aspect of socionics, though -- it's interesting that understanding the theory appears to be a largely separate skill from typing people.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

WOW; you guys are such people pleasers. When someone says they are INFp, you shake your heads and say, "yes". BLAH

Seriously? how hard is this? If I can't teach you how to recognize functions in simple written language, then I might as declare this a flop.

Goldilocks, who are you again?

In any case, you're SEE type.

Do you derive pleasure from being active or activities? Then you're E type...etc.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Yeah, I agree, I find Rick, Expat, Niffweed, and Marie84 to be the most generally reliable typers. Other people have an excellent understanding of the theoretical aspect of socionics, though -- it's interesting that understanding the theory appears to be a largely separate skill from typing people.
    You should think about this sentence Maritsa...in my opinion it very much applies to you!

How long will it take for you to admit that you are wrong...Goldilocks is definitely not SEE. I cant understand how you can mistake her for a sensor. Look at the way she talks...clearly intuitive!
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashton's site is.....a more unorthodox form of typology
    Niffweed's typology is the biggest mess out of all of these, in my opinion. He casts diverse throwaway typings (stereotypings) of IEI, and doesn't really grasp many of the IM differences, esp quadra lines. Instead he reduces them to a few simple rules and then adds his own knowledge on top of that. He's more in to stereotyping. His concept of vs , for instance, is unclear and quite biased, etc. Rick means well, but his typings are full of contradictions and uncertainties in meaning, and even the arguments that are not bad are still often questionable in the end. I think Ashton (out of these people) has the best knowledge of the information elements in relation to Socionics and the quadras, a decent knowledge base to back his typings up, instead of the kind of create-your-own similar to Niffweed or of even more clear-headed individuals, which isn't bad, it's just more dependent on the subjective experience of logic, instead of a solid objective standpoint like Ashton and other types have to continuously seek out. is the kind of thing that double checks, checks as many times as it can to try to show little bias, continuously reworks it until there are facts of typology to back it up, not weighted by an outside piece of information personal or subjective to an acute point of the individual. There is no one model or ruleset to follow (and let's not focus on what people have stated about themselves and others, but their actions that determine the result). Ashton might not follow Model A Socionics, but Model A is called A because it's the first model. It's been improved on since. Anyway, kind of a weird place to be discussing this.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed's typology is the biggest mess out of all of these, in my opinion. He casts diverse throwaway typings (stereotypings) of IEI, and doesn't really grasp many of the IM differences, esp quadra lines. Instead he reduces them to a few simple rules and then adds his own knowledge on top of that. He's more in to stereotyping. His concept of vs , for instance, is unclear and quite biased, etc.
    I just went through Niffweed's famous people typelist. Out of the 42 typings that I had an opinion on, I agreed with Niffweed's primary or alternative typing on all but 5 of them. There were also a number of others that I thought were probably correct, but didn't know enough about the person in question to confirm it. And this isn't even counting his opinion on the types of forum members, which I also largely agree with. Whether or not he's any good at the theoretical aspects of socionics (I can't recall ever having read any of his writings on theoretical matters), I consider him to be one of the best typers in English-speaking Socionics.

Either that, or he and Marie and I are all somehow wrong in exactly the same way, since we've all independently come to the same conclusions.

By contrast, of the 27 typings in the Socionix gallery that I had an opinion on, I only agreed with 6 of them.

Ashton might not follow Model A Socionics, but Model A is called A because it's the first model. It's been improved on since.
    Interestingly, Model A is actually called that because it was invented by Aushra Augusta. Jung's original model is called Model J, and Boukalov's model is Model B.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of the 42 typings that I had an opinion on, I agreed with Niffweed's primary or alternative typing on all but 5 of them....By contrast, of the 27 typings in the Socionix gallery that I had an opinion on, I only agreed with 6 of them.
    More opinions on Niffweed's select range of typings, sure that is expected, of the same quadra members and of the same origin of basic study.

Either that, or he and Marie and I are all somehow wrong in exactly the same way, since we've all independently come to the same conclusions.
    I doubt that.

Interestingly, Model A is actually called that because it was invented by Aushra Augusta. Jung's original model is called Model J, and Boukalov's model is Model B.
    But it is the original model of Socionics no matter the creator's name. There have been changes even in the sense of prehistorical Socionics, so the point stands.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More opinions on Niffweed's select range of typings, sure that is expected, of the same quadra members and of the same origin of basic study.

I doubt that.

But it is the original model of Socionics no matter the creator's name. There have been changes even in the sense of prehistorical Socionics, so the point stands.
    All my thoughts, exactly!

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm a little sleep-deprived, but I can't quite figure out what you're saying here. The grammar isn't making sense in my head. Could you rephrase? Sorry.

I doubt that.
    I don't know what else to tell you. I didn't even know Niffweed had a famous people typelist until yesterday, so I haven't been influenced by his typings (I knew about his forum member list, but not the famous people list). For the most part I don't even look at other people's typings when I'm trying to type a famous person until late in the process, after I've already come up with a likely typing or two and I'm at the stage where I'm analyzing the pros and cons of the supporting evidence. I don't know what Marie's method is, but we certainly don't consult each other until after we've reached a conclusion. I'm always surprised at how often we reach the same conclusion (not 100% of the time, but frequently).

Agreed. I wasn't arguing against your point, I was just pointing out an interesting fact.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm a little sleep-deprived, but I can't quite figure out what you're saying here. The grammar isn't making sense in my head. Could you rephrase? Sorry.

I don't know what else to tell you. I didn't even know Niffweed had a famous people typelist until yesterday, so I haven't been influenced by his typings (I knew about his forum member list, but not the famous people list). For the most part I don't even look at other people's typings when I'm trying to type a famous person until late in the process, after I've already come up with a likely typing or two and I'm at the stage where I'm analyzing the pros and cons of the supporting evidence. I don't know what Marie's method is, but we certainly don't consult each other until after we've reached a conclusion. I'm always surprised at how often we reach the same conclusion (not 100% of the time, but frequently).
    Influence of Wikisocion, niffweed, Expat and Rick. All via the same origin. Model A, variation whatever.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all of the above about how goldilocks using sensing. I also want to contribute my own thoughts and observations.

The other day when i was out with goldilocks and we were buying some new cushions goldilocks had chosen a cushions that she liked but then when i said "do you think its the right colour?" she halted and said "oh isn't it the right colour, do you think its to red or pink or just won't look good?" and got all confused.

Sensing seems to be the area people can help goldilocks in. She accepts the help happily.

She does love her little comfy boots and wears them till they fall apart.

She isn't about power or control.
    Last edited by twitch; 10-04-2010 at 09:16 AM.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i had a few more thoughts about Goldilocks. here they are.

She likes nature and likes to stop to take it in when she remembers.

She can use colour in interior design but knows others can be even better at it than her.

Her husband says "she doesnt have any sensing!" <<lol

She likes good tasting food but is not good at creating it herself.

Usually orders the same food over and over at restaurants and is hesitant to try anything new.

She has difficulty knowing if she is hungry or not or how much is enough.

She is attracted to her husbands vibrancy. The fact he is not afraid of big hurdles in life and is quite capable of achieving things. She says she saw his goodness/potential/his love of life/good intentions, bouncing soul. He was a bright shining star, good and brave in areas that she is not.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EII was a better typing. I've no idea how ILI even made it into the poll.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my daughters wrote up how she thinks I use or don't use sensing. Here are her thoughts:
    I'm rearing towards IEI, even more so after I read your post about emotions in the Beta area, but I wouldn't rule out EII. You at least come off like a Harmonizing subtype type in the DCNH from what I read

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Footed Frog View Post
    How long will it take for you to admit that you are wrong...Goldilocks is definitely not SEE. I cant understand how you can mistake her for a sensor. Look at the way she talks...clearly intuitive!
    I would say it's obvious from the videos that GL's is not strong at Se or an extrovert; she has a very calm, gentle, disposition
    EII INFj