Thread: The colours of the aura

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The colours of the aura

Anyone interested in the colours of the human aura?
    Aura (paranormal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it is quite an interesting concept. For socionists it might be useful to associate certain colours with the 16 types. Augusta introduced 8 symbols for the 8 information elements - why not use 16 colours for the 16 types?

That's how the correlation might be:

ENTp: sky blue
    ISFp: light pink
    ESFj: shocking pink
    INTj: purple

ENFj: dark orange
    ISTj: beige
    ESTp: blood red
    INFp: teal

ESFp: bright orange
    INTp: dark blue
    ENTj: bright red
    ISFj: dark green

ESTj: dark brown
    INFj: light green
    ENFp: yellow
    ISTp: glaucous

Creepy-bg

alpha sf's have gross colors

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purple?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think auras and that sort of stuff are mostly bollocks, and certainly the idea of auras having colours, but on the other hand I do associate colours with types. Something like this:

Alpha NT: Blue
    Alpha SF: Gold? (This is not as yellowy as I picture)
    Beta NF: Purple
    Beta ST: Red
    Gamma SF: Reddish Orange?
    Gamma NT: Gray?
    Delta NF: Green
    Delta ST: Reddish Brown

In general, I also associate Extraverts with lighter, brighter colours, and Introverts with darker colours. So EIE would be a solid royal purple, while IEI would be a deep, almost black, purple.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with mirrors having the same color. INTp I associate with blue, ENTj with red. You see Gamma NTs in gray?! You can't be serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    This dark blue I rather associate with INTp and ISTp.
    ENTp - Inventor
    INTj - Analyst

Alpha SF: Gold? (This is not as yellowy as I picture)
    Gold?! Okay, maybe they are gold for us because we are Alpha NTs. Most people will probably see them as some kind of pink.
    ESFj - Enthusiast
    ISFp - Mediator

Can't see the ENFj as purple.
    ENFj - Actor
    INFp - Lyricist

The ESTp certainly. But isn't an ISTj a brown type?
    ESTp - Conqueror
    ISTj - Inspector

The ESFp - yes. An ISFj rather looks green to me.
    ESFp - Ambassador
    ISFj - Guardian

Because you don't like them We should ask the Gamma NTs if they see us in gray, too
    ENTj - Enterpriser
    INTp - Critic

I see the ENFp in yellow.
    ENFp - Reporter
    INFj - Humanist

Delta ST: Reddish Brown
    I see the ISTp in blue.
    ESTj - Director
    ISTp - Craftsman
    Last edited by JohnDo; 09-29-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now I'm an ESFP huh? That's just great.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olga had an idea like that. You might want to read up on it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is this little technique how to see your aura gadgetlessly, with your own eyes, which I learned approximately 10 years ago. According to it the color of my aura is sky blue. My type is LII. Just throwing this here.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    You see Gamma NTs in gray?! You can't be serious...
    Most people will probably see them as some kind of pink.
    But isn't an ISTj a brown type?
    lol

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that Blue is the most universally popular colour, I'm willing to bet that most people would think of their type as some form of blue.

I don't think it's very fruitful to actually draw correlations between colours and types. What are you really saying by making that connection?

1) Are people of a certain type drawn to a certain colour
    or
    2) Are they simply representative of that colour?

If representative you could extrapolate further into colour psychology and argue that people will be attracted to types that are representative of their favourite colour.

If neither of the above are your objective in drawing correlation, then I'm not sure what the point of this exercise is. I should also state that I would rather punch myself in the face than be the type that is associated with pretty much any variety of blue.

Additionally, it's pretty ridiculous that ENTj and ESTp would be almost exactly the same colour. In general there is no logical coherence in how your (JohnDo) schematic works out. For heaven's sake, 6 of the types are some spectrum of red while 3 are blue and another 3 are green. 12/16 types are represented by 3 colours!

If you want to make this correlation, I would suggest actually looking into colour psychology as jumping point.

Krig, I think some of your selections are sensible and I think that your bright/mute provides and interesting way of distinguishing introversion/extroversion. If I can provide a criticism of your Ne ego selections of blue and green, I would suggest that these colours are perhaps better suited to Si egos. Both blue and green are used as calming, soothing colours. Green is usually associated with restfulness and healing while blue with calm and productivity. Perhaps as an alpha introvert these ideas relate to you more strongly, but as an extrovert (and a social extrovert at that) I can tell you that those colours are often confining and limiting to me. They are essentially the opposite of expansiveness. Blue is statistically the most popular colour among men and generally for all people.

Additionally there are cultural contexts to consider here as well. For instance, some people in North America might see brown as a colour that is rich, grounded and stable (more positive attributes). However, in India brown is the colour of mourning (a significantly more negative attribute).

Side note: My bias here is obvious as a lover of yellow and grey.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    So now I'm an ESFP huh? That's just great.
    *fist bump* I'm alpha SF/gamma NT in Krig's system; and ESFp in JohnDo's.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Because you don't like them We should ask the Gamma NTs if they see us in gray, too
    gray is one of my favorite colors. don't be a hater.

INFj - Humanist
    i have a minor objection. i do have an appreciation for the color green, but i very much dislike this particular shade.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've had a "psychic" tell me that my aura is yellow with red dots. Then I had a friend from college say my aura is grass green with purple overlay. I was probably just wearing those color shirts at the time.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I've had a "psychic" tell me that my aura is yellow with red dots. Then I had a friend from college say my aura is grass green with purple overlay. I was probably just wearing those color shirts at the time.
    Well I´ve studied these things such as aura, chakras, etc, since I was 14 years old, I was kind of obsessed with occultism, and at a certain point I became able to see auras, although I did not like it and don´t think it´s anything worth, because they change, and it´s annoying after some time. So I rarely want to see them these days.

From what I know so far, auras : 1) change, you´re not always with the same color. and 2) cannot be type related.

since auras are the visible astral body (emotional body), they change along with the emotional status of the person.

these associations seem to be consensual among experienced psychics:

Pink: love, tenderness
    Green: falsity, hiding, not being yourself.
    yellow-golden: wisdom (you see this colour in some of Jesus´ paitings and Buddha´s paintings, this halo surrounding their heads is depicted).
    Blue: devotion, calmness, serenity, faith, trust.
    Orange: pride, sense of self-security and self-worth. often arrogant people will display this.
    Brown: fear, insecurity.
    Purple/Violet: devotion + love (mix of pink and blue), freedom.
    Red: rage, energy, willpower, but with a degree of intensity.
    Grey: basically, it sucks, an undeveloped emotional body.
    Black: imminent disaster, disease, etc, considered to be the worst to be seen. I´ve never seen it, but people who saw black auras say that the person usually is going to die soon and is probably terminally ill.

'good' colours are lighter, more bright and clear, 'bad' or worse are more pale, less bright.

so for example a person with a pure love would show a much more pinkish tone, while someone with a lesser degree of love would show a pale pink, not bright.

same thing goes for every other colour, green for example. someone just slightly insecure and adapting to environment but with a pure mind would show a light-green, while someone with too much ignorance would show a more gross, dark-green.

yet, this subject is extensive, colours of the aura are reflections of actual primal energies.

LOL@ESTj: dark brown
    INFj: light green
    ENFp: yellow
    ISTp: glaucous

Whoever made this, didn´t like Deltas at all .

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh go fuck yourself. You just said the Gayest color, because I myself am a Beta NF, and a loudmouth ******. Suck on my big bold black straight font, you whore.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But you can see the INFp as purple, cause infps are 'all fags, man' right?

Go fuck yourself, again. You sheltered housewives need to DIE IN A FIRE. I AM NOT PURPLE!!!

Anyways, I was talking to a fellow 16types adventurer about this same thing the other day, and I always preferred bright neon colors. Neon green especially, is my favorite but I like anything 'bright' and 'showy.' That doesn't mean, just because I'm gay tho that my 'aura' is purple or that my internal vibration is 'Purple.' You know that's the only reason why he said that Beta NF is 'purple.' I had to roll my eyes.

If anything it would be more pink than purple. A rich neon pink...but that's not accurate, either. My aura has a lot of white and green in it, really. Hehe.

So EIE would be a solid royal purple, while IEI would be a deep, almost black, purple.
    Well.... at least I get to be masculine and str8-acting enough to be a very dark purple. Dark purple isn't so faggy and weak, I suppose. But I really see myself as a neon green more than anything.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 09-29-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see this one ENFj as purple, fwiw.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    But you can see the INFp as purple, cause infps are 'all fags, man' right?

Go fuck yourself, again. You sheltered housewives need to DIE IN A FIRE. I AM NOT PURPLE!!!

Anyways, I was talking to a fellow 16types adventurer about this same thing the other day, and I always preferred bright neon colors. Neon green especially, is my favorite but I like anything 'bright' and 'showy.' That doesn't mean, just because I'm gay tho that my 'aura' is purple or that my internal vibration is 'Purple.' You know that's the only reason why he said that Beta NF is 'purple.' I had to roll my eyes.

If anything it would be more pink than purple. A rich neon pink...but that's not accurate, either. My aura has a lot of white and green in it, really. Hehe.

Well.... at least I get to be masculine and str8-acting enough to be a very dark purple. Dark purple isn't so faggy and weak, I suppose. But I really see myself as a neon green more than anything.
    Wow, calm thyself, you're reading an awful lot into people's motivations in picking purple for IEI. Maybe you should consider that purple is actually a colour that people tend to associate with wisdom, mystery, respect, prosperity and honour. The word purple originally referred to something closer to a shade of red. Regardless, purple has historically been associated with royalty, not being faggy.

Additionally, you may wish to consider that JohnDo said he couldn't see ENFj as purple and then proceed to pick a colour other than purple for INFp.

Side note: I actually think, going by the principles of colour psychology, that purple would be a pretty good choice for Beta NFs.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo Hoo, I have reported your recent outburst, B&D. Not that I have anything against it. Did it just for kicks. I should force you into behaving yourself. You're rude.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate blue, and especially dark blue. Therefore, it fits INTjs much better.

Also, is purple. Or white. Depends how you look at it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yeah. BnD is purple, not pink. IMO.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was kidding, you guys. Jeesh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kidding, you guys. Jeesh.
    You tend to say that quite a bit when there's a fire underneath you.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

How do I determine my aura color?

(No, I did not read the thread).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    You tend to say that quite a bit when there's a fire underneath you.
    you should get fucked.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hadn't expected people to take this so seriously. These are just my personal intuitive associations, I'm not trying to "officially" label the types with these colours!

I'll explain my reasoning:

I associate lighter blue with the sky, and therefore wideness, openness, freedom, and ILE. Darker blue I associate more with calmness and stability, therefore LII.

Alpha SF: Gold?
    The colours with a question mark are somewhat less solid associations. I was going for a "sunshine" association, to go with the sky theme I had going for Alpha. But the association is not as strong in my mind; I also associate lighter reds with Alpha SF, but Red is more strongly associated with Beta ST in my mind.

I associate purple with royalty, pomp and circumstance, and therefore deliberate displays of public drama, and EIE. Dark purple I associate with the night, therefore dark poetry and IEI.

Red I associate with action, energy, aggressive power, etc., which I associate with SLE. A bit darker, desaturated brick red I associate with solidity and immovability, which I associate with LSI.

To be honest, I'm not happy with this colour at all. I picked it because orange is vaguely similar to red, and Gamma SF is vaguely similar to Beta ST.

Again, not a solid association, but I was thinking a shiny silver for LIE, since they're associated with business, etc., and a darker gray for ILI, being a less emotional and more practical version of IEI.

Light green I associate with springtime, youthfulness, playfulness, and IEE. Darker green I associate with trees, grass, and a sort of pastoral calm, which I associate with EII.

Delta ST: Brown
    A brighter, reddish brown I associate with earth, farming, productivity, with a bit of aggressiveness, which I associate with LSE. A "dryer" brown I associate with wood, woodworking, trees, and SLI.

Oh go fuck yourself. You just said the Gayest color, because I myself am a Beta NF, and a loudmouth ******. Suck on my big bold black straight font, you whore.

You need to work on your jokes, BnD, that one wasn't funny at all. It really just made you look like a narcissistic vulgarian obsessed with a single topic that he brings into every single thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Woo Hoo, I have reported your recent outburst, B&D. Not that I have anything against it. Did it just for kicks. I should force you into behaving yourself. You're rude.
    Your own post, rejoicing in the hope of seeing someone suffer discipline, is not much less rude.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm, I prefer green, brown, blue and gray as colors the most, but I myself am teddy bear sandy brown, probably closest to what you guys were saying as ESFp.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have come across two different people in my life who supposedly read my aura. One of them being a friend and one a friend of a friend. They both read my aura as green, though they had different explanations for what that meant. I might think something of it if I get a third and they say green lol.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    I might think something of it if I get a third and they say green lol.
    Your aura is purple.

Oops, I meant green!

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Uhm, I prefer green, brown, blue and gray as colors the most, but I myself am teddy bear sandy brown, probably closest to what you guys were saying as ESFp.
    I really don't think subjective impressions like this are of much use in typing.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think of people in terms of "auras" sometimes, but I generally just mean an impression; I find it hard to associate a color with most types. INTp->gray and INTj->white come to mind as exceptions.

(INTp->gray because they are permanently devoid of , INTj->white because they are changeably devoid of . With ISTp and ISTj, other factors come into play that I don't have colors for - a softness or hardness, respectively.)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think subjective impressions like this are of much use in typing.
    Well it's not a subjective impression. More like, types being a certain color is a subjective impression.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

apparently i'm red and blue

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    you should get fucked.
    I'll bite. How come?
    Johari Box