Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Questions on Se hidden agenda & Si polr of EIEs-ENFjs

  1. #1
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Questions on Se hidden agenda & Si polr of EIEs-ENFjs

    I'm pretty sure I am EIE. I typed myself as EII before because I think I am INFJ in MBTI, BUT I don't really think I am Delta - I think I am Beta EIE, it makes way more sense.

    So, hi! I am still figuring this stuff out obviously but really think this is a cool subject, Socionics. ANYWAY, hi.

    And can someone tell me about Si POLR and Se Hidden Agenda in the EIE, I obviously started off with a bad understanding of that one

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Ladyinred, I am an EIE as well, and I also have tested as an INFj in MBTI.
    As for polr, it pretty much has to do with the fact that ENFj's have a hard time relaxing. They don't really want to conserve energy, and when they try to, they get bored and feel like they are wasting time.
    hidden agenda I think relates to the fact that ENFj's wish they had more willpower and the ability to know exactly what they want without doubting themselves. I also think they want to be able to exert a certain amount of power over people and various objects, which is something else they have trouble with.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a/s/l/pics

  4. #4
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Hi Ladyinred, I am an EIE as well, and I also have tested as an INFj in MBTI.
    As for polr, it pretty much has to do with the fact that ENFj's have a hard time relaxing. They don't really want to conserve energy, and when they try to, they get bored and feel like they are wasting time.
    hidden agenda I think relates to the fact that ENFj's wish they had more willpower and the ability to know exactly what they want without doubting themselves. I also think they want to be able to exert a certain amount of power over people and various objects, which is something else they have trouble with.
    Thanks for the reply, Morcheeba

    That sounds like me alright, people sometimes can't understand why I have to always be doing something and cannot relax. Actually it's that I don't want to "just relax" as much as it is that I can't.

    Something else I wonder, does the Se-valuing have to do with always being aware and concerned with looking good and presenting oneself well? For me I will sacrafice comfort to look good, it's just where my priority lies.

    Si, who needs it.

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    a/s/l/pics
    not telling/no pics :wink:

  5. #5
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    Something else I wonder, does the Se-valuing have to do with always being aware and concerned with looking good and presenting oneself well? For me I will sacrafice comfort to look good, it's just where my priority lies.
    Hi! This is not really Se but weak and active Si.
    Women with weak and active Si may often starve thinking they are too fat, when they aren't fat at all! Or wear clothing which is not comfortable just to look good (in many cases feeling that they still don't look good enough). They are more often found among victims of fashion industry or reading magazines about what do men like in bed and strictly following it, etc. hehehe
    When this function is inactive it goes the opposite way. The person may don't give a damn about how he looks, he won't take regular showers, brush his teeth regularly, eat all the time, etc.

    Now person with strong Se do like comfort but isn't a slave for it(this case is more common among Si quadras). Se egos do care about how they look more than how they feel. Yet Se egos know how to achieve comfort, just without giving it too much of importance. While Si egos know how to achieve good looks but the priority always goes to comfort first. I have read and noticed in practice that Se egos like clothing that doesn't limit body movement.

    PS. Discojoe is ESI, not LSI and hope you won't get fooled by his acting skills.
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  6. #6
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Hi! This is not really Se but weak and active Si.
    Women with weak and active Si may often starve thinking they are too fat, when they aren't fat at all! Or wear clothing which is not comfortable just to look good (in many cases feeling that they still don't look good enough). They are more often found among victims of fashion industry or reading magazines about what do men like in bed and strictly following it, etc. hehehe
    When this function is inactive it goes the opposite way. The person may don't give a damn about how he looks, he won't take regular showers, brush his teeth regularly, eat all the time, etc.

    Now person with strong Se do like comfort but isn't a slave for it(this case is more common among Si quadras). Se egos do care about how they look more than how they feel. Yet Se egos know how to achieve comfort, just without giving it too much of importance. While Si egos know how to achieve good looks but the priority always goes to comfort first. I have read and noticed in practice that Se egos like clothing that doesn't limit body movement.
    Are you saying I value Si, or only that I am weak in Si? I think the second but just want to be sure.

    I feel I should clarify what I said, I didn't mean looking good is somthing I constantly think or worry about, not at all. But I do pay attention to buying clothes and things to be goodlooking or at least try to be..

    How can I describe? It is like, I care to look good to, as bad as it sounds, be imprssive looking in a way, at the same time I will sacrafice some comfort to get to this, it is not that big a deal to me. Thn again when I am home I like to sit naked and often unkempt, and just not worry over that stuff.


    Oh I am a 3wing2 as well, maybe that has something to do with this too.

  7. #7
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    Are you saying I value Si, or only that I am weak in Si?

    I feel I should clarify what I said, I didn't mean looking good is somthing I constantly think or worry about, not at all. But I do pay attention to buying clothes and things to be goodlooking or at least try to be..

    How can I describe? It is like, I care to look good to, as bad as it sounds, be imprssive looking in a way, at the same time I will sacrafice some comfort to get to this, it is not that big a deal to me. Thn again when I am home I like to sit naked and often unkempt, and just not worry over that stuff.


    Oh I am a 3wing2 as well, maybe that has something to do with this too.
    Sorry. To be accurate I was talking about Si PoLR which is found among EIEs and LIEs. :wink: Mhmmm but reading again what you write. Have you been dualised before?
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    not telling/no pics :wink:
    Not EIE then.

  9. #9
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Sorry. To be accurate I was talking about Si PoLR which is found among EIEs and LIEs. :wink: Mhmmm but reading again what you write. Have you been dualised before?
    I don't know if I have, maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Not EIE then.
    Hehe, or just wanting not to give up my identity and not believing in visual identification :wink:

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EIEs are really easy to VI. Not kidding.

  11. #11
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    I don't know if I have, maybe?
    Have you considered IEI? From what you have written you don't seem to have Si PoLR(unless you have a LSI dual beside you now) nor to value it. And that links you to IEI... :wink:
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  12. #12
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Have you considered IEI? From what you have written you don't seem to have Si PoLR(unless you have a LSI dual beside you now) nor to value it. And that links you to IEI... :wink:
    iei and 3w2 dont' go together.

  13. #13
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    iei and 3w2 dont' go together.
    I don't really like using enneagram...
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  14. #14
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    I don't really like using enneagram...
    You should get into it.

  15. #15
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    EIEs are really easy to VI. Not kidding.
    Why don't you tell me what you look for? I am interested to know, even though I still have yet to be convinced of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Have you considered IEI? From what you have written you don't seem to have Si PoLR(unless you have a LSI dual beside you now) nor to value it. And that links you to IEI... :wink:
    I have considered IEI especially testing INFJ in MBTI but Ej temperament fits me better. I don't know if I have LSIs around, I think I work with one, but a good friend of mine is SLE so maybe that helps? Also I have been casually dating an SLE..

    Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    iei and 3w2 dont' go together.
    Yes, and this. And I am definitely 3wing2

  16. #16
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    EIEs are really easy to VI. Not kidding.
    Why? Which types do you think are easiest and hardest to VI?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    Why don't you tell me what you look for? I am interested to know, even though I still have yet to be convinced of it.
    I don't know how to articulate what features identify EIEs. It's just something I've picked up over the years. I notice them right away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwings View Post
    Why? Which types do you think are easiest and hardest to VI?
    I don't know why. They just are. I think the easiest for me is EIE, and the hardest is IEE.

  18. #18
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I don't know how to articulate what features identify EIEs. It's just something I've picked up over the years. I notice them right away.



    I don't know why. They just are. I think the easiest for me is EIE, and the hardest is IEE.
    LOL. ESI.
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  19. #19
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I don't know how to articulate what features identify EIEs. It's just something I've picked up over the years. I notice them right away.

    I don't know why. They just are. I think the easiest for me is EIE, and the hardest is IEE.
    k--thanks anyway.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    LOL. ESI.
    Another page in what is turning out to be Sandra's Book of Endless Stupidity.

  21. #21
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Another page in what is turning out to be Sandra's Book of Endless Stupidity.
    You just hate to see your flaws pointed at you.
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    You just hate to see your flaws pointed at you.
    If they're actual flaws, I take it as constructive criticism.

    If it's meaningless, poorly reasoned, ignorant bullshit that typifies your level of general stupidity, like what you said, then I give it little credence.

  23. #23
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello Lady in Red,

    How are you?

    I think you should know the differences between EIE and EII; being in need of Te and Ti are somewhat different. Te is more about organizing and Ti more about valuing priorities. EII are usually much more relaxed about time, they value Ne, which is pretty much whenever, and EIE value Ni, which they have a very good feel for how time moves and the evens that must take place within time, so they do tend to be more strict with executing tasks within a time frame then EII who care about accuracy and a job well done but would rather work with not so much emphasis on exact time.

    There's a lot more to it, but you should know that Se type are likely to ignore Si and not have a good sense of relaxing...in this comment I don't agree with Morcheeba's interpretation of Se and Si polr.

  24. #24
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This weekend I was sitting near an EIE. I suddenly sneezed (covering my nose). She immediately turned around and asked "Did you cover your nose?". I thought this could be related to Si polr in her.

  25. #25
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Not EIE then.
    oh cmon now. How simplistic.

  26. #26
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Hi Ladyinred, I am an EIE as well, and I also have tested as an INFj in MBTI.
    As for polr, it pretty much has to do with the fact that ENFj's have a hard time relaxing. They don't really want to conserve energy, and when they try to, they get bored and feel like they are wasting time.
    hidden agenda I think relates to the fact that ENFj's wish they had more willpower and the ability to know exactly what they want without doubting themselves. I also think they want to be able to exert a certain amount of power over people and various objects, which is something else they have trouble with.
    I like this. I'd just like to add that Si-polrs are prone to pushing themselves too hard. They don't typically recognize the need to relax, eat well, etc. They get tunnel-visioned on the future and they tend to think they are more physically capable than they are. Basically, they think they can push themselves, but when they neglect their physiological needs they risk burn out and even illness in extreme cases.

    Descriptions I've read usually seem to make out Si-Polr to be a strength, but this is the bad side of it.

    Also general unawareness and impatience with details. Usually neglect/forget the details of everyday things.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 09-30-2010 at 12:32 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  27. #27
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I like this. I'd just like to add that Si-polrs are prone to pushing themselves too hard. They don't typically recognize the need to relax, eat well, etc. They get tunnel-vision on the future and they tend to think they are more physically capable than they are.
    I identify with this, but usually, if Im not under activation, I can be pretty physically inactive. I dated an Se-ESTp girl once and she brought out the true character in me, someone who is restless and needs physical activity all the time, even pushing my body to limits. But usually, if Im not under activation, Im not pushing myself, though i still find it impossible to relax physically as I needed to do something.

  28. #28
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It doesn't have to be in an extreme case, like pushing yourself to physical exhaustion or something like that. It can be taking on too much stress for example. Putting too much pressure on themselves.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •