User Tag List

Thread: Yo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yo.

Hello.

I'm Seth Wreckage, and I am new to this place.
    On that bombshell, let me introduce myself a bit more thoroughly.

I am an 18 year old kid, but I already feel old(It's five years since I was thirteen and digged the Emo Song), I go to an American school by necessity, because I live in a country where they don't speak my language. I like reading Palahniuk, Gaiman and Welsh, and listening to of Montreal and Green Day. I am a bit of a weirdo, I suppose. As for Socionics, I am rather new to this, but I have been interested in MBTI for a very long time, and the similarities make it a bit easier to grasp. There are some interesting differences, though, and I'm hoping to learn more about the Socionics type while I'm here- It seems an all around much more thorough way of typing.

I like panel shows and ice cream and I want to be an actor.

And the I'd like to add that I am absolutely thrilled by the presence of Powerpuff smileys, because Craig McCracken is one of my all time favourite cartoonists. I shall now proceed to use these smileys.

Lovely.

Thank you for your attention, hopefully I'll stick around and get to know you all better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What types are you considering for yourself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not sure. The tests I've taken all suggest ILI, which corresponds to the INTP I've repeatedly gotten from MBTI tests. But this might just mean that I am biased because of previous results. I'm also never sure whether the picture I have of myself is accurate and if I am properly suited to analyse my own personality- I might just answer for what I want to be, what I should be, etc.
    For ILI/INTp score, the T is the one that I am most uncertain of. I certainly would like to be more rational than emotional, but I'm not sure that I am, really. Then again, that could also just mean that as a person who prefers logic to emotion, I am rather harsh on myself and see myself as overly sentimental when in reality I am not. In Socionics specifically, I hesitate to identify with the ILI's business-mindedness. I couldn't give a flying rats arse about business and profits.

I basically think too much to analyse myself properly. And I know that might correspond with the personality type I've gotten, but I've been an MBTI INTP for so long, that might be a learned trait from knowing what I "should be like". I know I tend to adapt with that kind of thing, which annoys me to no end.

Sorry about the huge mass of text- Basically just a thought vomit.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far you pass for INTp, imo. Te's relation to business is over-emphasized, so I wouldn't focus on that.

Welcome!
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the welcome
    The worst thing that can happen is it goes to Hell...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Seth. Welcome to the nuthouse...lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Hi Seth. Welcome to the nuthouse...lol
    Thanks. I feel at home already

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An ILI who wants to be an actor? That's interesting.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, fellow actor & fellow Ni-ego. Agreed that socionics is more thorough from someone who was also initially interested in MBTI. I think socionics is more similar to Jung as far as the depth of information covered or something. I dunno. Anyway, glad you're here and nice to internet-meet you!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, guys! Nice to "internet meet" you too

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Makes sense, if you think about it- People are much easier to relate to when they are in an audience and I am in character.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I find that actors tend to come in all types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Hello, fellow actor & fellow Ni-ego. Agreed that socionics is more thorough from someone who was also initially interested in MBTI. I think socionics is more similar to Jung as far as the depth of information covered or something. I dunno. Anyway, glad you're here and nice to internet-meet you!
    lol, you're terrible sometimes, sorry >.<

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

welcome to 16chan!!!11

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    So far you pass for INTp, imo. Te's relation to business is over-emphasized, so I wouldn't focus on that.

Welcome!
    Aushra A's description of Te was indeed of "busniess" but she meant this in the sense of work, pure and simple. This is obvious when she says it plainly and adds "but it is hard to speak of 'work' when one is dealing with artists, musicians etc(who are Te)". I think Te's association with "business" in the western sense of the word and profit is mainly a SG creation.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I find that actors tend to come in all types.
    I knew an ILI in theatre. He was good, as long as he got the right roles. Generally a good actor needs to be versatile, though. The movie business is hard to get into.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.