Thread: Mature Look

Default Mature Look

Edit.
    Last edited by someone else; 09-28-2010 at 01:41 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensors generally look older than intuitives. That's the general pattern which seems to be accepted by The Russians. It seems to hold relatively true as far as my experience goes, but most people still fall in the "average" range.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Edit
    Last edited by someone else; 09-28-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    I have noticed that some people tend to have a more mature look about them despite being the same age.
    I've noticed it as well. It's because matureness of look and age are not the same thing.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I generally act older than I am. I look younger than I am. Last night I asked a short girl for directions at a college. She thought I was too young to be in college. I'm a year older than her.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some person at the DMV said they thought I was 15.

If you guys and gals had to type these to actors what types would you say they are.
    Ask Eunice, she types a lot of Asian people. I didn't even know they had types until she started typing them.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It never crossed my mind tbh.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those two look about the same age to me. The first one looks more physically capable, and the second one .. interpersonally aware or something. She looks physically timid to me though, so I don't think she looks more mature.

Forgive me for the smaller picture it was the best one I could find to demonstrate my point.
    No worries. It's the bigger picture you need forgiveness for.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More interpersonally aware = more mature.
    eh ok.. I wouldn't see it that way myself :-p

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks more grounded and worldly-wise to me.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other one's like "oh we're taking a picture! Shoulders back, tilt head slightly to side, bare teeth, look sweet." Gah.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Sensors generally look older than intuitives. That's the general pattern which seems to be accepted by The Russians. It seems to hold relatively true as far as my experience goes, but most people still fall in the "average" range.
    Based on my own experience, Intuitives tend to look more mature than Sensors in terms of physical appearance, but it's the opposite for behaviour. I'm not sure if it is because Sensors tend to be more in tune with their environment and know how to present themselves better than Intuitives.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the heck, Poli, are we the exact same type, subtype and enneagram including instinct stacking?? I just noticed it above your avatar on the side.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Those two look about the same age to me. The first one looks more physically capable, and the second one .. interpersonally aware or something. She looks physically timid to me though, so I don't think she looks more mature.
    Yeah I agree. The first one looks more mature imo. The second one is probably more socially or fake mature. But even with pictures, it can be hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Based on my own experience, Intuitives tend to look more mature than Sensors in terms of physical appearance, but it's the opposite for behaviour. I'm not sure if it is because Sensors tend to be more in tune with their environment and know how to present themselves better than Intuitives.
    That also seems to make sense to me. Like at least I along with other Ns sort of appear mature because we're not so rushed by physical short-term things (else we naturally don't get so involved in the physical/material world we often consider to be fake, and I personally am a lot more spiritually inclined, and adults seem to respect me more than other people my age), but it might not be what other people consider mature, so it depends. In the end my actions and words can look really immature or questionable, especially because I'm not here to prove I care, I do what makes me feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    what the heck, Poli, are we the exact same type, subtype and enneagram including instinct stacking?? I just noticed it above your avatar on the side.
    Lol Hi. Who are you? Are you me?

In enneagram I relate to both 3 and 5 wing, I think 5 is slightly bigger, so I had to include them both. With subtype I relate to Ni and H subtypes because of gulenko's H description, and because I'm pretty introverted, focus on my dominant more, and have a detracted creative function. Stacking, yeah...basically relate the most to those descriptions too. Surprize surprize!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Eunice could you type the second one I have a bit of a crush on her. It would be interesting to find out her type.
    She's your activity relations and it's a common attraction. (ISFp type)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Sensors generally look older than intuitives. That's the general pattern which seems to be accepted by The Russians.
    People usually think I am 5-8 years older than my age, based on looks and attitude.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    not sure about this. virtually every person who has commented on me, has said that I look young but have a mature presence.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And do you think the second one is a sensor.
    I think the 1st one is a sensor, and the 2nd one probably isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    I agree. The 1st one actually looks more mature to me.

More interpersonally aware = more mature.
    Well that's just stupid.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tentative typings based on VI are: SLI for Jenna, and EIE for Michelle.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone said in this board years ago:

Sensor: adult body, child mind
    Intuitive: adult mind, child body
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    LOL! Ok, I'm Sensor, then .
    You sure you're developed ?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eunice could you type the second one I have a bit of a crush on her. It would be interesting to find out her type.
    I have never watched Glee yet, and I don't think I can find any videos on her on youtube etc.

Nevertheless, based on the photos alone, I would have considered Alpha SF.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i also think the first one looks more mature.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've always looked young for my age. Less so now, I think my age is finally starting to catch up with me. But I remember when I started college, I looked like I was about 12. Then I remember when I was 25, I was working in a restaurant that accepted workers as young as 15 and the 15 year old looked older than I did. She could not believe I could possibly be 25.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this is type related.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking younger or older than your age is usually clearly heritable. Type's heritability, if it is the case, isn't nearly as easily observable. I don't think those two are related.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a strange colleague in the army. He was of average height, but he was looking like a human embryo (not toddler). His head was like flatted on sides and a bit squarish. He had small (really small!) mouth and small round and dark eyes (barely one could see the white, IIRC) and his gaze was apparently unfocused and non-attachable (I mean like when someone is drugged or sleepy or doesn't give a shit about what's going on around, he doesn't rotate his eyes, etc).
    He sounds part

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was interesting... reminded me of the hitman character, being genetically-engineered and all, inborn DPD in a sense. but there's definitely some relationship between his appearance and manner of speech; if one were to dissolve from the collective, basically.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which hitman, what version?
    well, the story is the same throughout, but I think there's footage of his 'birth' in Hitman Contracts, and I know they do a few flashbacks in Blood Money, along with an epic Requiem scene. such a beautiful archetype...

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya hitman is a cool game but the movie sucked.

when examining their faces, the first girl has a slightly masculine face. She has a strong jaw line and her face seems wide and flat.

The second girl has feminine beauty for sure, exudes youthfulness. Starting with big eyes well placed apart, roundish face, dimples, soft cheeks. She seems more lady like . My analysis would not suggest making a generalization but treat it as a case by case.

I remember reading a cool article about the way people's faces affect your perception of them. People are more trusting of a person who has a more babish and feminine face as they come across more innocent looking. The opposite being true. A face that is squished together, sharp features, boney, small eyes, eyes closer together, square/rectangular, etc.

perhaps a bizarre and slightly comical observation but it seems like many Ni have broad, long, wide foreheads, giving the impression of a higher receeding hairline, men and women alike.

In my opinon, and maybe theirs as well but many Betas relish in the fact of how immature they are behaving, they like to do something if you tell them not to but ironically they will act mature when there is no one to act against. They seem to appeal to the agelessness of youth or to be young in spirit.

Si have small foreheads that usually have a low receeding hairline. Si usually have incredible dextrity and coordination.

out of curiosity, what kind of face do you have in terms of a masculine or feminine face? They say opposites attract, is that true in terms if you have a masculine face your attracted to a feminine face and if you have a feminine face your attracted to a masculine face? you can answer non-socionically.