Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gammas do something interesting!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gammas do something interesting!

you bore me. Do something. Something interesting. I demand fascination.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dicks

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I demand fascination.

Creepy-bg

one of my top ten favorite songs

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    dicks
    Clever, Galen. Useful and appreciated-- if adult and connected to certain individuals. Fascinating? Hmmmm....maybe construction-wise to an ILI---like studying them biologically and structurally. thought about every seven seconds, sure, but fascinating? Hmmm.... the judges give it an 8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    nanashi cries. buries head in sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    one of my top ten favorite songs
    I shall listen to a playlist now. Excellent. moosik

Bow to the Ninchucks Microknight's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other day, I was getting off the elevator and I saw a cute freshman girl sitting at a bench.
    "I lost my student ID," she says, managing to look as forlorn as any ever has. This was the day of a concert, and I think you were only permitted entry with a student ID. I don't know, as I've never been to one.
    "Really? You can borrow mine." I say as I exit the elevator and begin walking away.
    At this point, she's entering the elevator. As soon as I finish my sentence, she pops out of the elevator with the look of a child who just discovered cotton candy.
    "Really?!" she says with growing hope.
    I walk away chuckling, "No way."
    I hear her defeated voice behind me, "Whatever."

That wasn't interesting, but here's something that is:
    The Brain: The Places in the Brain Where Space Lives | Mind & Brain | DISCOVER Magazine

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're all doing MARVELOUSLY!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Nuclear blasts are amazing. They have the symbolic potential of religious artifacts.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Nuclear blasts are amazing. They have the symbolic potential of religious artifacts.
    Purification of the unbelievers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I'm Gamma and this is what I have for you: This forum is where I go to wind down after working out and working my ass off at work. Plus uninteresting, unnecessary small talk never really feels natural to me and is more of a forced persona, where other types can gab all day essentially about nothing. Flirt, ask me for advice, talk goals, mind-stimulating humor(difference from being goofy) or challenge me at something and you can get me to talk all day. Pillows, random facts and trivia, kittens(without violence) weather, and all that garbage automatically slips me in a blanked mind state. That's really how my mind operates, so it probably does make me seem boring when in reality everyone else bores me too.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clever, Galen. Useful and appreciated-- if adult and connected to certain individuals. Fascinating? Hmmmm....maybe construction-wise to an ILI---like studying them biologically and structurally. thought about every seven seconds, sure, but fascinating? Hmmm.... the judges give it an 8.5
    Not bad for 8 seconds of effort. I'll call it a victory

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gobearcats View Post
    I believe I'm Gamma and this is what I have for you: This forum is where I go to wind down after working out and working my ass off at work. Plus uninteresting, unnecessary small talk never really feels natural to me and is more of a forced persona, where other types can gab all day essentially about nothing. Flirt, ask me for advice, talk goals, mind-stimulating humor(difference from being goofy) or challenge me at something and you can get me to talk all day. Pillows, random facts and trivia, kittens(without violence) weather, and all that garbage automatically slips me in a blanked mind state. That's really how my mind operates, so it probably does make me seem boring when in reality everyone else bores me too.
    This is exactly why talking with you wouldn't be boring. Seeing the Gamma forum inactive meant I saw the potential for all the good you wrote about. AND I WANTED IT!!!

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. Too busy doing shit and getting stuff done to waste a whole lot of time posting on the internets. We're not here to entertain you. If entertainment is what you're looking for swing by Beta. :wink:
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    Sorry. Too busy doing shit and getting stuff done to waste a whole lot of time posting on the internets. We're not here to entertain you. If entertainment is what you're looking for swing by Beta. :wink:
    Is that your standard response to everything? "Doing more stuff in the real world"?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Gamma Quadra was always a mystery for me

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I echo your "i'm busy as hell" statement.
    In response to your "we're not here to entertain you" comment: it's not necessarily someone's purpose when they post here...but it's a beautiful unintended result sometimes. People are beautiful. They are enjoyable. And, I enjoy a great deal with Beta quadra individuals, but the interaction is not the same as Gamma-Gamma

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I echo your "i'm busy as hell" statement.
    In response to your "we're not here to entertain you" comment: it's not necessarily someone's purpose when they post here...but it's a beautiful unintended result sometimes. People are beautiful. They are enjoyable. And, I enjoy a great deal with Beta quadra individuals, but the interaction is not the same as Gamma-Gamma
    Roger. :wink:

Anyhow, I was recently on a business trip and had the most unusually enjoyable time as these things tend to go. Realized later that the people I was interacting with had to be fellow Gammas, two of which appeared to be an ENTj-ISFj duality mother daughter combo. Quite interesting, which is what got me thinking about Socionics again for the first time in awhile. Figured I'd login to see what's going on, but still haven't had time to post about the trip.

This year has literally been a blur. Can't believe it's nearly October. Where has the time gone?
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news...

It's been fascinating watching the personality of my 3yr old daughter develop. I think she's either SEE or SLE. Seems to have a lot more conflict with my wife which makes SLE a strong possibility, but I think SEE is still possible for a lot of different reasons.

My 1yr old boy is a stubborn, headstrong SOB just like I was when I was that age. Per my folks, he's a carbon copy of me behavior wise, only more aggressive, perhaps more extroverted. Maybe a baby LIE? lol

BTW Gamma has always been the most dead forum here by a lot. Dunno why exactly that is but there were some discussions in the past on that. Not sure where they went.

Who here is pretty FIRMLY sure they're Gamma these days anyways? None of this gamma for a day/week/month crap? Who here is SURE they're Gamma? I've been in ass-kicking ENTj mode for, like, the whole year almost, and am pretty burned out and looking forward to some down time.
    Last edited by stevENTj; 09-27-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roger. :wink:

Anyhow, I was recently on a business trip and had the most unusually enjoyable time as these things tend to go. Realized later that the people I was interacting with had to be fellow Gammas, two of which appeared to be an ENTj-ISFj duality mother daughter combo. Quite interesting, which is what got me thinking about Socionics again for the first time in awhile. Figured I'd login to see what's going on, but still haven't had time to post about the trip.

This year has literally been a blur. Can't believe it's nearly October. Where has the time gone?
    ^---entertained nanashi

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah this section is definitely dead. Expat no longer posting here I guess. I checked and Joy is an SLE now? Figures - I never could quite see her as an LIE. It was dead before, but now it's just gotten deader. Seems to be a fair number of ILIs though, but I think that's always been the case.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like gammas in general (though there are obviously exceptions) are less interested in the social aspects of the forum and more in the theory itself. Since there isn't much discussion on that, gamma quadra is dead.

I put the blame on the gamma extraverts. It's their job .
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like hearing about steventj's experiences. I type people around me whenever I can, so seeing someone apply it is companionable.

I am planning to adopt (i just got bothered by premade kids sitting around without parents; I can have kids from all appearances), and I often think about how I will spend a lot of time with potential future progeny so as to not wind up making the experience hellish for an ESFJ kid and myself (for instance).

Delta and Alpha and Beta family and friends have been some of the people in my life for the most long-term, and it's nice to be in Uni and have some ridiculously easy, comforting, exciting relationships (platonic and romantic ones) start up. They're easy to maintain and actually refresh me, and that means...sometimes I toy with the idea of being ENTJ-Ni, like maybe I was just avoiding my INFj mom, giving the appearance of introversion. I'm mostly pretty confident I'm INTp-Te, though.

I fit within the Gamma quadra values boxes.

ILI seems likely because I'm supposed to be studying for a test right now.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    Psh, it's clearly the SFs' job!
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Psh, it's clearly the SFs' job!
    Let's blame all the SEEs here, then...

... I suppose we can't hold dolphin accountable for the lot of them having lives. Any other ideas?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who here is pretty FIRMLY sure they're Gamma these days anyways? None of this gamma for a day/week/month crap? Who here is SURE they're Gamma? I've been in ass-kicking ENTj mode for, like, the whole year almost, and am pretty burned out and looking forward to some down time.
    The only types I've thought I was at any point has been ILI and LIE, and ILI was only during the first month of learning about socionics. I have considered LII, but the main thing that deters me are alpha values and intertypes.

Gamma values are the only ones that really make any sense for me.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other ideas?
    ILIs for not bringing more of their duals!
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs for not bringing more of their duals!
    ILIs here don't have duals, else they wouldn't be here so much if at all. Next one please.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs here don't have duals, else they wouldn't be here so much if at all. Next one please.
    ILIs because I can?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTjs for not taking up the mantle of their identical Expat.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I concur. Blame the LIEs.

But maybe we should stop blaming and figure out why!

But lets still not do anything about it.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LIIs are still arguing theory, if you want to poke your head in. You'll probably have better luck studying the old articles, however, given Gamma values. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what Expat did before he became our venerated expert...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    wait, we are talking about the focus on social conversation of the subforum right? I'd say most of the y-NTs contribute to theoretical discussion.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait, we are talking about the focus on social conversation of the subforum right? I'd say most of the y-NTs contribute to theoretical discussion.
    I misunderstood, then.

The focus on social conversation of the Gamma subforum, you mean? Looking at the last few threads, they mostly seem Socionics-related... and that's true even in Alpha subforum, I'm astonished to say. The social focus is coming mainly from "anything goes."

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's my fault. More often than not I'll have a whole big post typed up, but then just say F it and delete it and not bother posting. It might warrant a reply or three, and then I'll have to keep reading and replying and that's way too much of a committment of time and energy for an ILI to keep up with.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's my fault. More often than not I'll have a whole big post typed up, but then just say F it and delete it and not bother posting. It might warrant a reply or three, and then I'll have to keep reading and replying and that's way too much of a committment of time and energy for an ILI to keep up with.
    I've done the same thing countless times. I usually end up deleting it though because I can't quite express what I want to say in the right words so I just say screw it.

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done the same thing countless times. I usually end up deleting it though because I can't quite express what I want to say in the right words so I just say screw it.
    We gammas seem to have a habit of doing this. Could explain the low post count, although I thought it was more characteristic of ILIs before.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a thread a while ago in which people of all quadras confessed to regularly doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like gammas in general (though there are obviously exceptions) are less interested in the social aspects of the forum and more in the theory itself. Since there isn't much discussion on that, gamma quadra is dead.

Hit the nail on the head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast