Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default who are we after we die?

Let's say there is such a thing as an afterlife.

What do you think the chances are that your personality type remains the same? Would i still be an enfp in heaven?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Metaphysical realms definitely exists, although it's very complicated, subtle and nuanced. There are a lot of different levels. Transferring realms and working up through higher dimensions revolves around a lot of pain. And risk-taking. Most people like the comfort of security, so they like stable vibrations.

There is an infinite number of heavens, and an infinite number of hells. Things can always get better, and they can always get worse- reality is sharpely balanced in an attempt to make you feel stable as much as possible. (You could just go to heaven now in an instant, but it would also drive you insane- which sends you to hell) Though this veil doesn't work out too well, people are kinda extreme in their own interpersonal landscape view of things.

I think you're kinda asking the wrong kind of questions. Your goal isn't to figure that out, but more how can you smoothly wide the waves and vibrations in life, instead of just feeling yanked around in a quadzillion different directions, by a quadzillion different realities and universes.

In otherwords, instead of 'searching', find your center. At least, that's what I would do. The answer to every question, technically is, 'Yes.'

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Metaphysical realms definitely exists, although it's very complicated, subtle and nuanced.
    I'm sorry, but... definitely exists?

Edit: At the risk of possibly derailing the thread with that question - After I die, my body will decompose and break down and get absorbed back into the earth which will combine with other chemicals and nutrients for billions upon billions of years until this planet is no more, at which time the parts that made up the contents of my body will disperse out all across the universe to be consumed and recycled by whatever process my parts happen to come across. Assuming that there is an afterlife to me is like saying "Suppose I live long enough to set foot on a planet outside of the solar system. What would life be like on that planet?" It's nice to think about as a dream, but it doesn't really mean anything, except that I have the capacity to think about grand dreams.
    Last edited by tereg; 09-21-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I'm sorry, but... definitely exists?

Edit: At the risk of possibly derailing the thread with that question - After I die, my body will decompose and break down and get absorbed back into the earth which will combine with other chemicals and nutrients for billions upon billions of years until this planet is no more, at which time the parts that made up the contents of my body will disperse out all across the universe to be consumed and recycled by whatever process my parts happen to come across. Assuming that there is an afterlife to me is like saying "Suppose I live long enough to set foot on a planet outside of the solar system. What would life be like on that planet?" It's nice to think about as a dream, but it doesn't really mean anything, except that I have the capacity to think about grand dreams.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think basic personalityies will remain the same, but we won't have a PoLR anymore.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I think basic personalityies will remain the same, but we won't have a PoLR anymore.
    can you explain?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Our personalities are defined by our strengths and weaknesses. Since heaven is supposedly perfection and eternal bliss, shouldn't it stand to reason that our weaknesses are obliterated? But then who are we without that?

And I suppose, you'd have to eliminate conflict relations in heaven and any other bad type of relation. This kind of suggests to me that there is no personality type so to speak of when you get to heaven (unless some types don't get admitted at all).
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

You could just go to heaven now in an instant
    yay tell us how

but it would also drive you insane
    insane as in not useful/profitable/effective in society as we know it,right? not insane as in showering with mustard.Like, you'd go live into the wild ,not work because there will be no need to consume and stuff like that.Or you'd just sit in your room staring at the void which is nice actually but yo 3d mama would go crazy =\

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metaphysical realms definitely exists, although it's very complicated, subtle and nuanced. There are a lot of different levels. Transferring realms and working up through higher dimensions revolves around a lot of pain. And risk-taking. Most people like the comfort of security, so they like stable vibrations.

There is an infinite number of heavens, and an infinite number of hells. Things can always get better, and they can always get worse- reality is sharpely balanced in an attempt to make you feel stable as much as possible. (You could just go to heaven now in an instant, but it would also drive you insane- which sends you to hell) Though this veil doesn't work out too well, people are kinda extreme in their own interpersonal landscape view of things.

I think you're kinda asking the wrong kind of questions. Your goal isn't to figure that out, but more how can you smoothly wide the waves and vibrations in life, instead of just feeling yanked around in a quadzillion different directions, by a quadzillion different realities and universes.

In otherwords, instead of 'searching', find your center. At least, that's what I would do. The answer to every question, technically is, 'Yes.'
    i have a theory that when you take magic mushrooms the swirly patterns you see is coming from way down in your subconscious when you remember the universe looking like this. as if your atoms had a shared consciousness. the nature of their reality would be cool swirley geometric shapes of the most vivid colours ever. they kind of remind me of DNA. is there a relationship between the shapes my subconscious generates and the shapes we have found DNA to be made up of. so i think it's possible that when you die you go back to the lovely colourful swirley place, no drama just being.

i think whatever it is that is actually going on will be explained by logic as well as being mysterious and beautiful. otherwise why would logic exist at all only for the universe to turn out to be illogical.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    Would i still be an enfp in heaven?
    Yes, you would. You would even meet a fantastic SLI called Joseph the Carpenter.

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Yes, you would. You would even meet a fantastic SLI called Joseph the Carpenter.
    ha ha. wouldn't it be kind of slutty of me to steal the blessed virgin Mary's man though? i know he's not getting any at home but really i wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of jesus's mam. something tells me it wouldn't be good for my eternal soul.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ha ha. wouldn't it be kind of slutty of me to steal the blessed virgin Mary's man though? i know he's not getting any at home but really i wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of jesus's mam. something tells me it wouldn't be good for my eternal soul.
    Not at all. No such commandment forbids that. Don't worry about your soul, I'm a doctor, would patch it up fast.

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Not at all. No such commandment forbids that. Don't worry about your soul, I'm a doctor, would patch it up fast.

are you trying to get me kicked out of heaven or something? what kind of priest tells his parishioners it's ok to shag the blessed virgin mary's husband? you want everyone out of heaven so you can have all the alter boys to yourself? is it? sicko!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

are you trying to get me kicked out of heaven or something? what kind of priest tells his parishioners it's ok to shag the blessed virgin mary's husband? you want everyone out of heaven so you can have all the alter boys to yourself? is it? sicko!
    That's right. You've seen right through me. God forgive me for I am about to sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Basically spending the eternity like Absurd locked in an room without beer.
    I'm trained in the art of not-beer-drinking-for-seven-months, Piper. I'm sure I would think of something during my stay there.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those types are already in hell aren't they? it sounds like my twenties. fucking hell.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essentially, we = we.
    Non-essentially..., that's what you were asking, right?