View Poll Results: what type is Matthew McConaughey?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 16.67%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 33.33%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 16.67%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 16.67%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 16.67%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matthew McConaughey

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matthew McConaughey

What type is he? I have known people of this type, I just don't what type it is. I thought perhaps ENFp... but a Fe type *may* make sense too. *shrugs*

quotes:

Man who invented the hamburger was smart; man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius.

I love having my hands in the dirt. It is never a science and always an art. There are no rules. And if it comes down to me versus that weed I'm trying to pull out of the ground that doesn't want to come out? I know I'll win.

Sure, I can get a little bit jealous. The good part about jealousy is that it comes from passion. It's also the dangerous part and it's an ugly emotion that hurts.

When you have good friends you've been around, every time they talk, you don't give them your full attention. You don't look them in the eye and stop. Half the time, you're listening, half the time, you are ignoring them.

I'm a football fan, a sports fan, a fan of competition.

The male is always the pawn in a romantic comedy. Come together, break up, go chase her, get her, roll credits. That's what happens in all of them.

Life is a series of commas, not periods.

Water's never clumsy.

There's a difference in thinking you are a champion and knowing that you are.

We have a big appetite for putting people down but, at the heart of everyone, there's enough room for all of us to succeed.

There aren't many things that are universally cool, and it's cool not to litter. I'd never do it.

I don't dislike any of my exes. If I took time to form a relationship, it's gonna hurt when we move on, but are you puttin' White-Out over all that beautiful time together? That was real time in your life. It's connected to where you are today.

When I see grace in a woman, that's very sexy. You can tell by how someone moves or their rhythm.

Last edited by silke; 08-12-2015 at 10:11 AM. Reason: updated links
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you read the article about him in People's "sexiest man alive" issue? he didn't sound ENFp to me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK according to People, he is not a fan of PDA, he can get jealous, he always breaks up in person - never over the phone, he is friends with all his former girlfriends. If he wasn't an actor, he'd be a football coach, he doesn't wear deodorant, he makes his own face and body creams, he feels most comfortable when on the road behind the wheel, King Kong with Jessica Lange makes him cry. His hero? Himself in 10 years. Who would say that? He likes women who are graceful, people put him in a good mood by laughing at him.

Anyway, more info on him there.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote ENTj
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way. I can pick out my conflicting partner any day. ENTp is more likely than ENTj, though I hadn't considered ENTp originally. What about ENFj?
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see that. What I saw that made me think ENTj was serious concern about how he looks (making his own facial creams?), which sounds like weak which is in both.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the case for ENTp:

-I have always been attracted to him, ever since Caroline in the City

-"he is not a fan of PDA" uhh I dunno

-"he can get jealous" who doesn't?

-"he always breaks up in person - never over the phone" who does?! Fi types?

-"he is friends with all his former girlfriends" Fe hidden agenda

-"If he wasn't an actor, he'd be a football coach" Se PoLR? One could make a case for ESTp, too... but wouldn't an ESTp want to be a football player rather than coach?

-"he doesn't wear deodorant" this could be a Si thing, if he's doing it because anti-persperant contains aluminum which has been linked to alzheimer's and because it prevents you body from eliminating toxins which cause illness/disease/cancer

-"he makes his own face and body creams" again, why? I could totally see an ENTp doing that... but I could see a Si type doing it as well

-"he feels most comfortable when on the road behind the wheel" I dunno

-"King Kong with Jessica Lange makes him cry" again, why?

-"His hero? Himself in 10 years" In order of likelyhood, ENTx and then ENFj and then ENFp and then other types

-"He likes women who are graceful" Si dual seeking function

- "people put him in a good mood by laughing at him" That's the most ENTp thing of all of this (though ESTp could work here too I suppose)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI says he's ENFj
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

-"he feels most comfortable when on the road behind the wheel" I dunno

that sounds ESTp to meh

ive always been attracted to him too

but i can't tell what type he is so im useless

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of the guys I've known who look just like him, ENFj does make sense.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

He was arrested once for playing bongo's in the street naked while doin the tango with Mary Jane.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see ISTj AT ALL. ESTp seems reasonable, but ENFj definitely sounds best, with ENTp coming in second.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He said he doesn't wear deodorant because "a man should smell like a man".

-Mark Twain

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFJ!
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweat doesn't smell bad if the man is recently bathed, drinks enough water, and has yummy phermones
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was thinking that some men smell quite nice if it's fresh sweat. Once it's been hanging around a while it starts to stink.

I have never smelled Mr. McHoweveritisspelled but he doesn't seem to have any trouble finding company anyway.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    So...a man should smell like butt?
    According to the body wash brands, a man should smell like Old Spice (that's what the one's "For Men" smell like). Apprently it is compleyely unmasculine to use something like Dial: Mountain Spring even thought it smells just like IRISH SPRING!-- a soap used by men in the 80's commercials. But ya, the "for men" soaps do smell like ass. Whoever thought old spice smells good needs whacked in the groin for good measure.

...and according to MAthew McConawhatever, a man should smell like rotting bacteria. Mmmmm!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hence what nicky said about fresh sweat (less rotting)
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

And why then? And would the same be true for women and why or why not? Oh wait, women dont sweat

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea about the smell of sweat on women because I don't sniff them. My sniffing is confined to men. Or at this point in my life, singular man.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men tell me my sweat smells really good (to them). Again, freshness is key. Pheromones people, pheromones.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I vote ENTj
    Exactly.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I'm bored so I'm going to type in more stuff from the article.

He says the dictionary is his favorite book. He calls his mom every Sunday. His bathrobe is monogrammed with 5'11-3/4 (his exact height).

Some quotes:

On staying friends with ex-gfs: "I still remain friends with every woman that I've ever really cared about. I just don't know how to put Wite-Out over that period in my life. No one was lying during that time, it just didn't work out. So hopefully you're going to be inviting me to your wedding and I'm going to be inviting you to mine."

Electric razor or manual? "Electric. I haven't used a real razor with shaving cream in probably four years. I like a little bit of texture on my face. If I shave too close, I feel like all my pores close up and my face doesn't breathe too well. If I want a clean shave, my face has better texture if I shave it with an electric razor, turned down to a millimeter. I really do spend time on these things." This is in sharp contrast to my husband who refuses to use an electric razor because they leave too much stubble. Interesting.

On his nightstand? "A book called The Greatest Salesman in the World - motivation, self-improvement, those are my favorite books to read. No clock or lamp, but there's some faceand eye cream. And I always have bottles of water."

In his shower? "Cetaphyl soap. I have a Sonicare toothbrush because I always brush my teeth in the shower. Then I have shampoo, conditioner and tea tree hair oil, just to give it some texture. I've been using Regenix, stuff for healthy hair to keep this hair strong, because in the year 2000 some of this hair was falling out. 'Not yet, baby!'"

On his answering machine? "I just changed it on my birthday. It goes, 'Hey, this is McConaughey, Nov. 4 2005, 36 times. Just keep livin' along the way. Talk to you. Later.'"

Jeans or tux? "Well, I like a good pair of jeans but I also like putting on a nice tux. I'd rather go around in a good pair of jeans that you don't wash every day, because they get more and more comfortable. I've got a good pair of Levi's, 33/34s. But I've got a 1994 deep olive-green Armani suit. When you find a good suit, it doesn't ever go out of style."

So we have some serious high-level vanity going on here. And he likes to talk about brand names and show off what size he wears. And he reads motivational and self-help books. He's good looking but he'd drive me crazy within about 2 days. And not in a good way.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well men get a bit sweaty during sex . . . and it's hard not to notice. How do you not smell it? Plus men sometimes smell that way after they've been doing sports or working hard, but then you have to specifically get close to them to smell it.

But it only smells nice for a little while. Sweat changes in smell dramatically after it's been around air for a while.

I have never noticed how a women's sweat smells but next time I see a sweaty woman, maybe I'll sniff her if I can do it without attracting too much attention.

Pay more attention - try to compare fresh sweat to old sweat. And different men smell different. Not all smell nice. I suppose it's possible that someone I think smells nice might smell bad to someone else? I don't know exactly how this works but I agree with Joy that it's pheromones.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    sweat doesn't smell bad if the man is recently bathed, drinks enough water, and has yummy phermones

tru tru

a daily shower and no deoderant sounds fine. even a shower ever other day i could live with.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well men get a bit sweaty during sex . . . and it's hard not to notice. How do you not smell it? Plus men sometimes smell that way after they've been doing sports or working hard, but then you have to specifically get close to them to smell it.

But it only smells nice for a little while. Sweat changes in smell dramatically after it's been around air for a while.

I have never noticed how a women's sweat smells but next time I see a sweaty woman, maybe I'll sniff her if I can do it without attracting too much attention.

Pay more attention - try to compare fresh sweat to old sweat. And different men smell different. Not all smell nice. I suppose it's possible that someone I think smells nice might smell bad to someone else? I don't know exactly how this works but I agree with Joy that it's pheromones.
    Generally, the more frequently you sweat, the better your sweat smells, since the "hard" smell is due to an high concetration of bacteria/corporeal waste/whatever in the blood.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sweat produced by most of the skin is mostly a very diluted solution of salts, urea, uric acid. It's essentially water and doesn't stink.

The sweat produced by the glands in the armpits and around the genital area contains a higher concentration of fatty materials, which are broken down by bacteria into stinky compounds.

But sweat itself, being mostly water, is odourless. If you go to a sauna full of freshly-showered people sweating intensively, it doesn't smell at all.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Zem

tru tru

a daily shower and no deoderant sounds fine. even a shower ever other day i could live with.
    I agree.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    I were just talking about pheromones, not sweat. But anyways I think we're all hijacking Sorry Joy.
    haha it's fine, my question has been answered
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Matthew McConaughey

What type is he? I have known people of this type, I just don't what type it is. I thought perhaps ENFp... but a Fe type *may* make sense too. *shrugs*
    EDIT: ENFP
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's estp. I saw the Barbara Walters interview and he works it, big ego.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuk, he is ENFP
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL you have to be kidding! What makes you say ENFp?
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL you have to be kidding! What makes you say ENFp?
    Why not?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The book he's reading is "The Greatest Salesman in the World" and he's publicizing that.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read a long article about him and I'm an ENFp. I can not in the slightest identify with him at all.

What makes you think he's ENFp?
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read a long article about him and I'm an ENFp. I can not in the slightest identify with him at all.

What makes you think he's ENFp?
    He looks like the younger Belushi brother.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh then that clinches it.

The only types I really recognize pretty well are ENFp and ISTp. I know he isn't one of those. I guessed that he's ENTj but that's based on stereotypes and old boyfriends, so I don't try to claim it's valid as anything more than a guess. But you're comfortable stating as if it's pure fact that he's ENFp because he looks something like another actor you think is ENFp.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh then that clinches it.

The only types I really recognize pretty well are ENFp and ISTp. I know he isn't one of those. I guessed that he's ENTj but that's based on stereotypes and old boyfriends, so I don't try to claim it's valid as anything more than a guess. But you're comfortable stating as if it's pure fact that he's ENFp because he looks something like another actor you think is ENFp.
    YUp, any reasons you have to disagree with me besides that he doesn't sound like you?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast