Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI a jackass

I'm not sure I even think VI works, but I'd love it for someone to try it. This guy is the biggest jerk I've met in quite some time. I will take the photos down after I get a few bites, as I don't have his permission to post.

[photos removed--responses converge on LSE]
    Last edited by golden; 09-15-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came to this thread expecting to find this:

You let me down!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolol

I'll VI the donkey: ASSS.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESTp

could also be ESTj

I need a side picture please

ESTx for sure.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, that's sort of what I thought. I don't have a side picture, sorry, and can't get one.

He's definitely T. He's probably S. I'm not sure about E versus I--he's probably an E, though.

He's aggressive and macho.

I'll probably never figure out the J versus P thing. Apparently he despises me at this point. That would argue for J ... perhaps. IF this person is supposed to be my dual, that would be a healthy basis for me assuming that duals can really, really, REALLY not hit it off.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does he despise you?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question, redbaron. Apparently he thought it would be okay to deliver scathing and belittling logic-based critiques of my personality and ideas--utterly charming, no? As that was not terribly okay with me, I actually defended myself in a bitchy manner. And now I am despised.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE's are logical caregivers.
    LSE's are logical aggressors.

What you say makes him sound LSE. SLE's attack from a physical standpoint (make fun of your looks etc.) if angered.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. He's LSE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, I guess.
    Last edited by golden; 05-24-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's LSE. What ideas did he try to tear down, out of curiosity?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complicated.

At first he was very impressed with me because I could divine from things he said what his inner motivations were.

But then, as we continued to communicate, he set up a little "test" for me, by asking me a direct, very personal and forward question and implying that he wanted me to say "yes" to it, but what he really wanted was for me to say "no."

Then when I did say "no," because that was my actual feeling, he congratulated me on giving the right answer. And that was when things started to unravel quickly.

At that point, I asked him (I hadn't heard of Socionics yet) to tell me his Myers-Briggs type. He took that as me putting him in his place for setting up the test. I responded that in fact, I was genuinely curious.

He gave me a long harangue about how it was a huge turnoff to him that I would ask him that, how he was not typeable, how I am less intelligent than him for believing such a system could have any use, how the field of psychology in general is useless and he is above it all--he thought he was only criticizing the ideas, but in fact, much of what he said was very pointed. He said outright that I "lack the tools" to understand him. It was very insulting. There was much more to it, it went on and on.

I told him, among other things, that, like it or not, from a proper distance anyone is typeable according to various systems and that he was overreacting, and that the overreaction was his problem and had nothing to do with me. I told him that of course everyone is also unique, meaning therefore, he is no better nor worse than anyone else. Et cetera.

Then he told me that I had no right to be angry. I told him I did not disagree with his logic, but took issue with his inability to tailor his message to his audience: me. End of story. Gah.

It's worse than it sounds. I'm leaving out most of the hideous details here. Jack. Ass.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Yeah, that guy is ESTj. And looks like a prick (not type related).
    hahahaha, yep, king of the pricks. As I've said, my ex is an ESTJ, and he was a really nice man ... until the divorce.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwings View Post
    hahahaha, yep, king of the pricks. As I've said, my ex is an ESTJ, and he was a really nice man ... until the divorce.
    dun Dun DUN!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I have a type. And it's the WRONG one. But it took me 12 years to get away from the first, and about 12 days to dispatch with this one.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Damn, I have a type. And it's the WRONG one. But it took me 12 years to get away from the first, and about 12 days to dispatch with this one.
    congrats

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    How do they become attracted to you? What qualities do you display? I've been very unsuccessful with male duals. I have made many female dual friends; I'm just not very lucky.

I'll teach you how to Vi.
    Good God, if I only knew, I could bottle this stuff and sell it for ... eh, probably not so much money, really. For you, it would be FREE, Maritsa. No strings.

Maybe it boils down to "Pygmalion project." These guys seem to want a challenge.

Men like this seem to see me as an exotic specimen. Someone with a lot of qualities that impress them (some of these being qualities they themselves lack), and someone who can be molded into the woman they require. The raw materials are physical attractiveness (ethereal, elusive, gamine seem to fit the bill), intelligence, and artsiness. Surely somehow all that can be harnessed, they seem to tell themselves. I'm not stable, and they figure they can save the day by stabilizing me.

I would say that men like this also see me as someone to protect. And possibly as someone who can augment their prestige--my ex used to call me his trophy wife, grrr. And because I am quiet enough IRL to seem more conformist than I actually am, it is easy for them (initially) to ignore the fact that I am like 90 percent freaking weird. At some point they are bound to realize that I am unfixable. Then they hate me. If only I were J, I would not have needed fixing in the first place, but ... then they might not have noticed me. They need a problem to solve, y'know?

So maybe if you can manage to come off as having unrealized potential for trophy wifedom, you can snag one of these creatures more easily. Sadly, it's that little edge of Beta or whatever that seems to tantalize them--it's like they yearn to snuff it out. Because, you know, they need to set the world in O.R.D.E.R. Can you make yourself seem vaguely strange and flighty? Pretend to be ever so slightly boho and tragic, lol.

Oh, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass--as usual.

It would be helpful to me if I could more easily discern the various ESXX's from one another. Such a quagmire, that! I see and respond to the ES part and then it's all a muddle.

ETA: Oh, the other thing--it may not apply to you--is how or where to meet these guys. The ones I've met seem to be involved in business, banking, administration (things I avoid assiduously). In my case, being arts-and-humanities-oriented, I am likely to cross paths with them if they are, say, chairing the board of an arts organization or attending a fund-raiser of some kind.
    Last edited by golden; 09-16-2010 at 04:48 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Good God, if I only knew, I could bottle this stuff and sell it for ... eh, probably not so much money, really. For you, it would be FREE, Maritsa. No strings.

Maybe it boils down to "Pygmalion project." These guys seem to want a challenge.

Men like this seem to see me as an exotic specimen. Someone with a lot of qualities that impress them (some of these being qualities they themselves lack), and someone who can be molded into the woman they require. The raw materials are physical attractiveness (ethereal, elusive, gamine seem to fit the bill), intelligence, and artsiness. Surely somehow all that can be harnessed, they seem to tell themselves. I'm not stable, and they figure they can save the day by stabilizing me.

I would say that men like this also see me as someone to protect. And possibly as someone who can augment their prestige--my ex used to call me his trophy wife, grrr. And because I seem more conformist than I actually am, it is easy for them (initially) to ignore the fact that I am like 90 percent freaking weird. At some point they are bound to realize that I am unfixable. Then they hate me. If only I were J, I would not have needed fixing in the first place, but ... then they might not have noticed me. They need a problem to solve, y'know?

So maybe if you can manage to come off as having unrealized potential for trophy wifedom, you can snag one of these creatures more easily. Sadly, it's that little edge of Beta or whatever that seems to tantalize them--it's like they yearn to snuff it out. Because, you know, they need to set the world in O.R.D.E.R. Can you make yourself seem vaguely strange and flighty? Pretend to be slightly boho and tragic, lol.

Oh, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass--as usual.

It would be helpful to me if I could more easily discern the various ESXX's from one another. Such a quagmire, that! I see and respond to the ES part and then it's all a muddle.
    One thing's for sure, you're elegant and eloquent; you're a steal.

Thank you.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

classic .. wings .. do you work at kfc?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    congrats
    Thank you, thank you. *Bows deeply and pompously.*

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Thank you, thank you. *Bows deeply and pompously.*
    you like attention don't you

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

classic .. wings .. do you work at kfc?
    Nae, nae, my good Mercutio. This idle talk must cease. For I wouldst sooner fry my own frail heart than toil at KFC.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you like attention don't you
    *nods vigourously*

I also like avoiding big, boring manuscripts about education practices. Should keep me 'round here a while.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Nae, nae, my good Mercutio. This idle talk must cease. For I wouldst sooner fry my own frail heart than toil at KFC.
    The heart of a chicken for dinner tonight!

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

*nods vigourously*

I also like avoiding big, boring manuscripts about education practices. Should keep me 'round here a while.
    Can't say I've ever read any manuscripts about education. Are you a teacher?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The heart of a chicken for dinner tonight!
    In another thread I admitted to being a pussy, but chicken is synonymous, so sure. Eat my heart out.

Disclaimer: This post contains no subtle double entendres.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say I've ever read any manuscripts about education. Are you a teacher?
    No, no. Book editor.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol, that's sort of what I thought. I don't have a side picture, sorry, and can't get one.

He's definitely T. He's probably S. I'm not sure about E versus I--he's probably an E, though.

He's aggressive and macho.

I'll probably never figure out the J versus P thing. Apparently he despises me at this point. That would argue for J ... perhaps. IF this person is supposed to be my dual, that would be a healthy basis for me assuming that duals can really, really, REALLY not hit it off.

When I first began to type socionics morphology, I mistook an ESTp for and ESTj because he was sweet and charming and I thought he was ESTj for sure, but I was wrong, he was ESTp. I dated him for a while. Let me tell you, your duals are wonderful, consistent, nice, charming, very classy, lots of great manners, and they can be somewhat relaxed and lay back.

My SEE friend is in an LTR with an SLE and, from the many interactions that we've had, he is a bit "cold" and "stern" looking on the outside, but always ready for Fe type of emotion, enthusiasm and loves being around good company.

You have a great person for a dual. They are very honest and would like the same from their dual.
    -

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first began to type socionics morphology, I mistook an ESTp for and ESTj because he was sweet and charming and I thought he was ESTj for sure, but I was wrong, he was ESTp. I dated him for a while. Let me tell you, your duals are wonderful, consistent, nice, charming, very classy, lots of great manners, and they can be somewhat relaxed and lay back.

My SEE friend is in an LTR with an SLE and, from the many interactions that we've had, he is a bit "cold" and "stern" looking on the outside, but always ready for Fe type of emotion, enthusiasm and loves being around good company.

You have a great person for a dual. They are very honest and would like the same from their dual.
    ESTJs--I really like them, in fact. There's just that little niggling problem with, oh ... Total. Fundamental. Incompatibility. The jackass who used to star in this thread is an exception. All the other ESTJs I've met are cool.

As for SLEs, I have your problem in reverse, I suppose, Maritsa. My boyfriend is ESXX, that's all I know. Where are SLEs usually found? What are their habits? What attracts them?

*imagines David Attenborough locating one in the back of the beyond and narrating about his unique qualities*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESTJs--I really like them, in fact. There's just that little niggling problem with, oh ... Total. Fundamental. Incompatibility. The jackass who used to star in this thread is an exception. All the other ESTJs I've met are cool.

As for SLEs, I have your problem in reverse, I suppose, Maritsa. My boyfriend is ESXX, that's all I know. Where are SLEs usually found? What are their habits? What attracts them?

*imagines David Attenborough locating one in the back of the beyond and narrating about his unique qualities*
    A coworker at the company I work for is SLE; he's a Veterinary Tech. They work very well with objects, animals, and people. Because they know how to manipulate objects. They work very well in computer Tech, they enjoy working as physical therapists as well. Be careful and use VI to confirm that they are SLE by VI (with me preferably ) because many SLI also work as computer techs too. Their hobbies include golf, this is a common one that I know of. I see many SLE enjoying sports and activities, because they have strong bodies and have a hearty and healthy physicality and love impulsive activities especially.

I would be happy to research and provide you any information you would like. They are attracted to me because of the very same reason my duals are not, because I'm honest and because I'm meek, quiet, gentle, I don't make much noise and I'm very calm. I dress simply, not attracting attention to my self. You have to dress and act like me and I have to dress and act like you They like that I don't hide things; you have to give them a direct and brief honest answer and not change your story.

JWC3 is SLE and by conversing with him you can get a good feel of duality and dualize. After then, you'll know exactly what differentiates your duals from your conflictors.

I'll put together some question you can ask on a first date too.
    -

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A coworker at the company I work for is SLE; he's a Veterinary Tech. They work very well with objects, animals, and people. Because they know how to manipulate objects. They work very well in computer Tech, they enjoy working as physical therapists as well. Be careful and use VI to confirm that they are SLE by VI (with me preferably ) because many SLI also work as computer techs too. Their hobbies include golf, this is a common one that I know of. I see many SLE enjoying sports and activities, because they have strong bodies and have a hearty and healthy physicality and love impulsive activities especially.

I would be happy to research and provide you any information you would like. They are attracted to me because of the very same reason my duals are not, because I'm honest and because I'm meek, quiet, gentle, I don't make much noise and I'm very calm. I dress simply, not attracting attention to my self. You have to dress and act like me and I have to dress and act like you They like that I don't hide things; you have to give them a direct and brief honest and not change your story.
    Lord, I am bound to fail at acting like INFJ. I'm not meek, I'm only quiet until approached, I'm not all that gentle, I'm for sure not not NOT calm, I dress semi-ostentatiously, I love attention, and I'm a big fat liar! (Okay, I'm not a liar--except for when I SAY I'm a liar--but the rest is usually true.)

Hmm. My boyfriend works in computer tech and plays tennis and runs and bikes and hikes. The way we met was so incredibly unlikely that I doubt I could replicate it. I have zero to do with computer tech, and I'm not too sporty.

I'm not apt to get mixed up with an SLI. Pair me with an introvert guy and things go straight to nowheresville. Would never happen.

What you are saying about the SLE habitat and habitudes tells me precisely why I don't normally meet them.

ETA: And here's the rub, Maritsa. We're introverts. I am not comfortable AT ALL with approaching a man. Unfortch, I must be pursued. And who typically pursues me? My conflictors! But at least I can say that my bf is not ESTJ, that much is clear. He knows I'm weird and wants me to stay weird. Thank heavens.
    Last edited by golden; 09-16-2010 at 06:11 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lord, I am bound to fail at acting like INFJ. I'm not meek, I'm only quiet until approached, I'm not all that gentle, I'm for sure not not NOT calm, I dress semi-ostentatiously, I love attention, and I'm a big fat liar! (Okay, I'm not a liar--except for when I SAY I'm a liar--but the rest is usually true.)

Hmm. My boyfriend works in computer tech and plays tennis and runs. The way we met was so incredibly unlikely that I doubt I could replicate it. I have zero to do with computer tech, and I'm not too sporty.

I'm not apt to get mixed up with an SLI. Pair me with an introvert guy and things go straight to nowheresville. Would never happen.

What you are saying about the SLE habitat and habitudes tells me precisely why I don't normally meet them.
    Yes and precisely why I'm trying to get out of my habitat where i meet them and into the LSE habitat. I've learned a lot from you.

Dress simply, plainly, where the only thing that stands out is your face and your eyes. Try walking around town during day time, in an area where it's busy, because they like being around people and like checking out new shops and coffee houses.

Have your hair back in a simple pony tail and don't wear makeup. Wear simple jeans and a plain color top, maybe white.

Look down a lot or away. You'll know and SLE when he stairs directly at you and tries to make you out, make your features out, to observe you as an object. SLI will be more absent minded, shy, coy.

I have to force myself to follow a routine for my dual. Like have coffee at the same coffee house every day at a certain time.

Yeah, I like being pursued too, but when I fall in love, I'm very honest and upfront about my feelings, and this tends to scare my duals. I guess it's that very same reason my conflictors like me so much because I'm open about how I feel and what I want, but I can't give them Fe, I can only give them Fi, so in the long run, I don't meet their needs.
    -

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dress simply, plainly, where the only thing that stands out is your face and your eyes. ... Have your hair back in a simple pony tail and don't wear makeup. Wear simple jeans and a plain color top, maybe white.
    Whaaaaat? I can't, can't do that. Lolololol.

Look down a lot or away. You'll know and SLE when he stairs directly at you and tries to make you out, make your features out, to observe you as an object. SLI will be more absent minded, shy, coy.
    This part is no problem, I do this anyway and don't mind subjecting myself to a bit of objectification. SLI is no danger to me--shy, coy, introverted, no, never.

Bah!

Of course I'm just going for the dramaz. I do appreciate the tips.

Yeah, I like being pursued too, but when I fall in love, I'm very honest and upfront about my feelings, and this tends to scare my duals. I guess it's that very same reason my conflictors like me so much because I'm open about how I feel and what I want, but I can't give them Fe, I can only give them Fi, so in the long run, I don't meet their needs.
    Color me completely amused. I am so hard for my conflictors to read, and they wonder where they stand. If there is really anything to this whole duality business, it is like some massive Joke of the Universe. Thanks, Universe! Thanks. A. Lot.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ex used to call me his trophy wife, grrr.
    omg that is horrid.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. My boyfriend works in computer tech and plays tennis and runs and bikes and hikes. The way we met was so incredibly unlikely that I doubt I could replicate it. I have zero to do with computer tech, and I'm not too sporty.

ETA: And here's the rub, Maritsa. We're introverts. I am not comfortable AT ALL with approaching a man. Unfortch, I must be pursued. And who typically pursues me? My conflictors! But at least I can say that my bf is not ESTJ, that much is clear. He knows I'm weird and wants me to stay weird. Thank heavens.
    you sound just like me only I'm probably a bit calmer than you. lol I feel exactly the same about this stuff.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    omg that is horrid.
    He meant it as a joke; it was supposed to be cute. But somehow, it wasn't. In part because I'm about 99.9999999 percent sure he picked up the trophy-wife idea from his sister, who never liked me much. *insert vomit*

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He meant it as a joke; it was supposed to be cute. But somehow, it wasn't. In part because I'm about 99.9999999 percent sure he picked up the trophy-wife idea from his sister, who never liked me much. *insert vomit*
    lol glad it was at least *intended* to be a joke. but I agree: not funny.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Goldenwing,

Be yourself but in the opposite role, like you said, at first you are lively, but later you become yourself, introvert. Try that in the natural state. I am rather shy and introvert and really nerdy at first, but later on in the actual relationship, I drop the glasses and jump into being lively and open. I have been trying your role and have already seen some great results.

Thanks.
    -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been trying your role and have already seen some great results.
    Thanks.
    Already begun to show some cleavage eh?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast