Thread: this woman and her new husband

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default this woman and her new husband

can't really find any good candids of her. She's the type of person who always makes sure she's smiling (and in the same way) whenever the camera is pointed at her. She's quite conscious of how she comes across, I think. don't quote pics plz.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her - EIE.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, I have a LSI friend who comes across as affably as the husband. He even has an uncannily similar smile. I may post (temporarily) some of his photos so you can see the similarity.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE or LSE, leaning toward LSE. seems like she's got Fe role.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I really do not know. She and I have tried to be friendly with each other--we have a lot of mutual friends but gah! we just do not click at all. We do not get along and it's really odd. I've always kinda wondered if it was me or what. It does feel like her smile is a mask or something.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As to the wife, I am undecided. I certainly know a fair share of EIE who have a single programmed smile for the camera, one of which is notorious for it. So I am not sure if that behavior can be ascribed strictly to a Fe-role function, when it is as frequent of a feature among Fe-primary types. I am inclined to settle for her as an extraverted rational type. But it is hard for me to ascertain anything else about her type for sure.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    As to the wife, I am undecided. I certainly know a fair share of EIE who have a single programmed smile for the camera, one of which is notorious for it. So I am not sure if that behavior can be ascribed strictly to a Fe-role function, when it is as frequent of a feature among Fe-primary types. I am inclined to settle for her as an extraverted rational type. But it is hard for me to ascertain anything else about her type for sure.
    Yeah I know a female ESE who has a hugely programmed smile as well. Who knows. It's weird because I can usually be friends with anyone. Anyway, we are formally "nice" but without hope of ever being genuine friends.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, I have a LSI friend who comes across as affably as the husband. He even has an uncannily similar smile. I may post (temporarily) some of his photos so you can see the similarity.
    Same with my LSI dad, they even look a bit alike actually.

I could see LSI, him, and Fe dominant for her
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her LII, he ESE, maybe? Or LIE and SEE? Hard to say.

She reminds me a bit of Martha Stewart, with the smile.
    Quaero Veritas.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks very introverted. ISXj is all I can fathom for her atm. Not so sure about him either, some Ep maybe.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII-LSE was my first instinct.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand why people think that he VIs at first glance as an extrovert type, but I do not believe that he is. As I said, he VIs extraordinarily like my LSI friend below. I am highly confident in his typing as an LSI. I do not want to get into a defense of his type, but I do want to draw comparison between him (LSI) and the husband.
    Last edited by Logos; 09-16-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Johari Box

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand why people think that he VIs at first glance as an extrovert type, but I do not believe that he is. As I said, he VIs extraordinarily like my LSI friend below. I am highly confident in his typing as an LSI. I do not want to get into a defense of his type, but I do want to draw comparison between him (LSI) and the husband.
    I gotta say, neither your guy nor the OP guy VI ISTj in the least.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I gotta say, neither your guy nor the OP guy VI ISTj in the least.
    Which supports my point quite well, thank you. Appearances can be deceiving. The common perception of the LSI is far from the full picture. It is far too narrow and negatively cast in its portrayal. Some people are under the impression that all LSI are required to VI like Stalin. So this may be the time for your perception of the LSI to grow.

My friend is undoubtedly an LSI in his mannerisms and behavior. I once sent him an array of Socionics tests. He knew nothing of Socionics and possessed only superficial foreknowledge on MBTI. His type repeatedly came back as LSI. I admit some measure of skepticism of the results to be sure, since he at least appeared extroverted. But upon further inspection of type descriptions and cross-referencing him with other LSI, his type became increasingly clear. His Beta values were well attested attributes of his characterization by others, as were other self-admitted qualities he told me prior to me sending the tests. For all his efficacious charm and extroversion, it's a mask he uses to draw people in who can help him sustain the emotions he cannot create for himself. His polite candor was a Fi-role, but he often stepped on Fi-toes in provoking the emotions he sought (Fe-seeking). His desire to host parties also stemmed from similar Fe-seeking behavior. He needs to be a part of a group and uses Aristocratic grouping to categorize people. Then there are his well known high standards for friends, which he boasts about, that remain largely unknown.

Marie84's father would provide a similar level of support.

This husband may not be an LSI, but I never said that he was. RedBaron is more than welcome to provide her own input into that matter. I said that he VIs remarkably like an LSI friend of mine.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Woman ESI
    Man SEE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see how this guy VI's LSI. but that guy (the new husband), no. not in a hundred years.
    Last edited by matilda; 09-29-2010 at 12:22 AM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compare the OP's last picture and this one:

Scary.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! That IS scary.

I know that the guy is a science teacher and coaches high school sports (I dunno what sport). He's an outdoorsy person and enjoys hiking, etc. I think he comes across as fairly introverted from what I've heard but I haven't met him personally.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pair o' ESE's
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/