Thread: Dual-types / Complete subtypes --- Intertype relations

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dual-types / Complete subtypes --- Intertype relations

As far as I can judge it, intertype relations are primarily determined by the 1st type. The influence of the 2nd type seems to be rather subtle. Nevertheless, if a person from your quadra has a 2nd type you don't like then it will cause trouble from time to time. And if a person you should not like according to the 1st type has a 2nd type from your quadra then it should at least work better than usual...

Examples where I am sure of the types:

My father is an ISTj-ISFp and I don't get along with him at all, I just can't stand this annoying use of the Se-function. Another person I know is ISFp-ISTj and I get along very well with him, even though he has many characterics of an ISTj-Inspector: Doesn't understand ideas, sometimes wants to inspect everything, doesn't understand when people are not interested in what he is telling them. Nevertheless, this person is in no way as annoying as a 1st-type-ISTj.

My father's ex-wife (not my mother) is INTj-ENFj. Should she get along with an ISTj-ISFp? No, not at all, INTj and ISTj normally can't stand each other. But an INTj may be attracted to an ISTj-ISFp (because INTj likes ISFp) and an ISTj may be attracted to an INTj-ENFj (because ISTj likes ENFj).
    And the disaster takes its course. Incompatibility in the 1st type can't be counterbalanced with a compatible 2nd type...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those aren't dual types, those are elaborate subtypes. You know nothing about dual types.
    INTp

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    Those aren't dual types, those are elaborate subtypes. You know nothing about dual types.
    Nobody knows anything about dual-types because tcaudillg fails to explain what he means. That's why I'm still of the opinion that the dual-type is nothing but the ordinary 2nd type.
    The only way of convincing me would be a dual-type list of many people - but tcaudillg certainly has better things to do...

But if you know so much about dual-types, crazedrat: Why don't you explain intertype relations a bit? Isn't it consistent with what I said...?