Thread: How do functions relate: Te with Ti for instance?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do functions relate: Te with Ti for instance?

I am not the first to raise this issue. I think that MeTaiwan raised it first and I have kept thinking about it.

How does Ti affect Te and vice versa????

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    BOTH THINKING FUNCTIONS CAN BE LOGICAL AND CONSISTANT AND ALL THAT JUNK.

THEY APPROACH LOGIC FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES.

TWO BOATS APPROACHING THE SAME ISLAND FROM DIFFERENT POINTS STILL ARRIVE AT THE SAME ISLAND.

THE BENEFIT IS ADDED PERSPECTIVE.
    Are those boats identical or different?

And if different, how do they communicate?, do they communicate?....etc....
    Those boats are going in different directions in different waters.
    So do they go to the same island or different islands?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One makes the other one automatic

The very act of using makes a person do , and visa-versa. But on the automatic side of it, the process of thought is different, "it" does not act in the same way as the volitional side. So you have one process that triggers another process. But as a weaker function, I dunno, look it up.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How do functions relate: Te with Ti for instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    BOTH THINKING FUNCTIONS CAN BE LOGICAL AND CONSISTANT AND ALL THAT JUNK.

THEY APPROACH LOGIC FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES.

TWO BOATS APPROACHING THE SAME ISLAND FROM DIFFERENT POINTS STILL ARRIVE AT THE SAME ISLAND.

THE BENEFIT IS ADDED PERSPECTIVE.
    Are those boats identical or different?

And if different, how do they communicate?, do they communicate?....etc....
    Those boats are going in different directions in different waters.
    So do they go to the same island or different islands?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te wants to get to the point and Ti wants to expand on the point
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te wants to get to the point and Ti wants to expand on the point
    Yeah, that's how I would tend to see types with Te vs. ones with Ti, at least from an MBTI perspective; in MBTI, all types with Te are "J" types, and therefore have a certain tendency towards convergence, towards cutting things off and saying "enough, let's move on." Socionics seems to have a slightly different feel, where perhaps the INTp would say "let's keep digging," and the INTj would say"let's move on now; enough is enough." I have some other thoughts about that though, having to do with subtypes. Certainly my tendency to be "open-ended" is one reason for me to think that I'm Ti/Ne.

On another forums site, awhile ago, I posted another idea of how Te and Ti relate. I called it, for lack of a better name, "the relativity of Te and Ti." The site master, SG, was explaining the difference between Te and Ti.

The example was sort of like this: Suppose there's a toy car, and someone asks "why do the wheels turn around?" The Te response is "to make it go," whereas the Ti response is to explain the internal mechanism. To shorten the response for sake of argument, we can symbolize the response (although some may object to the shortening) by saying "because of the gears going around inside."

I suggested that while these responses seem very different in content, it's really just a matter of perspective. For example, imagine being inside the toy car, and asking "Why do the gears go around?" The supposed Te response is "to make the wheels turn around." But that's exactly the same information as the Ti response to the previous question.

SG hated that response, but the point I was making, that he in fact stated elsewhere, is that Ti and Te aren't two separate, unrelated things; in a sense, it's just T, being used in different directions so to speak.

That may be why people can more easily use functions 7 and 8 than their role functions.