Thread: Hello everyone

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello everyone.

Hello, everybody. I'm really not sure where to begin my introduction, so I'll just start at a random place.

I'm 18 years of age, and am currently living in the Hudson Valley in upstate New York, the Kingston area for those familiar with it. I'm attending college, a rather terrible community college at the moment with an interest in going into an... erm... better university eventually.

Typology (Socionics, Myers-Briggs, Enneagram) is one of my varied and many areas of interest, alongside such topics as politics, metaphysics, ethics, philosophical studies of human nature, Eastern cultures (Korean and Japanese primarily), anime, science fiction films and television shows, snarking my life away, and being a crazy fetishy pervert.

I have a tendency to make random connections in my head and can thus come off as an eccentric oddball when these ideas are verbalized. I also have depressive tendencies, ones that stem from my recent (two months ago, now) loss of a girl I can varyingly describe (without any cognitive dissonance, mind) as the most wonderful and amazing girl I've ever met, and a manipulative sociopathic whore. She recently left me for some fat tuba player, after five months of emotional abuse (manipulating me to get her way, overreacting to the least of things, glaringly sexually flirting with other men... and women, constantly shouting at me at random while just previously being sweet as a lark)... the happiest five months of my life. See, she was this lunatic SLE girl, who tended to be rather quirky, eccentric, and random, all traits that I find sexy as can be (much as I'd like to deny it to myself, and have indeed tried to do, both of my ex-girlfriends have been best described as extremely strange at best and complete raving lunatics at worst) - and who was best described as a cranky tsundere bitch, another trait that I find deeply attractive. I think I might be a closet masochist... oh, and she was drop-dead gorgeous, which helped.

My username comes from the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, from a character who in many ways reminds me of myself - the ultimate origin of it, however, comes from the Greek word for "dog," additionally the origin of the word "cynic."
    Last edited by Kyon; 09-04-2010 at 12:45 AM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its rare to have such a self-revealing and lengthy introduction on here. Welcome, and heres to hoping you can help spice up this place.

Creepy-male

Kyon-kun, Kyon-kun!

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

๏̯͡๏

My exact identical. WTF!

Oh, and hi.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i second typhon, that was a kickass intro. welcome.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, total stranger to whom I've never talked in my entire life, and with whom I'm certainly not currently discussing on IM whether Romana 1 or Romana 2 is hotter. No siree.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Hello, total stranger to whom I've never talked in my entire life, and with whom I'm certainly not currently discussing on IM whether Romana 1 or Romana 2 is hotter. No siree.
    Greetings, John Smith. I am John Smith. Let us hope we shall never be deleted, or worse, exterminated.

Nerdiest references ever...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello. What type are you? An intutive merry, I presume.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Hello. What type are you? An intutive merry, I presume.
    Intuitive, yes, but I'm actually a serious type - I find it intensely difficult to separate emotional aspects from situations, tend to become acquainted with others through social ritual and externally-set contexts, I absolutely believe in objective truths rather than the subjectivity of truth, and when asked for advice will always give what I feel is the best way to accomplish the task at hand rather than a new perspective on the situation.

I'm almost positive that I'm an EII of the Ne subtype - Delta NF (I can't think of any functions I remotely value more than Ne and Fi) at any rate, and much more of an introvert and rational.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyon View Post
    Intuitive, yes, but I'm actually a serious type - I find it intensely difficult to separate emotional aspects from situations, tend to become acquainted with others through social ritual and externally-set contexts, I absolutely believe in objective truths rather than the subjectivity of truth, and when asked for advice will always give what I feel is the best way to accomplish the task at hand rather than a new perspective on the situation.

I'm almost positive that I'm an EII of the Ne subtype - Delta NF (I can't think of any functions I remotely value more than Ne and Fi) at any rate, and much more of an introvert and rational.
    From what you say here, EII is unlikely. I'd sooner guess at LII, though it's tentative as I don't have much info.

LII would also make sense in context of your story, if the girl is typed correctly - that's not why I brought it up, though.

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    From what you say here, EII is unlikely. I'd sooner guess at LII, though it's tentative as I don't have much info.
    Director Abbie took me for a merry type - what I gave was the rough description of a serious type, which fits me much better than that of a merry type (which LII is, being a member of the Alpha quadra).

As it stands, LII is indeed a possibility, but I value Fi far more than I do Fe. In fact, my sheer lack of Fe is... somewhat funny.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Welcome to 16chan! ^_______^;;;;;;;;;;

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Director Abbie took me for a merry type - what I gave was the rough description of a serious type, which fits me much better than that of a merry type (which LII is, being a member of the Alpha quadra).

As it stands, LII is indeed a possibility, but I value Fi far more than I do Fe. In fact, my sheer lack of Fe is... somewhat funny.
    Except it isn't - at least as I understand merry/serious, though I wouldn't mind an alternative opinion. While valuing is one of most important aspects of socionics, Reinin's descriptions of these - and other - dichotomies are questionable, not only because they focus on superficial traits which may or may not follow from sociotype. Ti types more often have this absolutist approach to truth, for one. Also, it's worth noting that EIIs have strong if unvalued Fe. It isn't a weakness for them, and I've never heard it described as funny - assuming you don't mean amusing here.

It may turn out that LII is a ridiculous suggestion as you post more, but for now, I'd say it's more likely than EII. Just my point of view.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Romana 2 was cooler (and had better chemistry with Tom Baker (obviously )), but Romana 1 was way hotter.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Welcome to 16chan! ^_______^;;;;;;;;;;
    No

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm attending ... a rather terrible community college at the moment with an interest in going into an... erm... better university eventually.
    You may want to read this first before you commit to anything:

News from the Front

This is the same thing experienced from a different perspective:

Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Except it isn't - at least as I understand merry/serious, though I wouldn't mind an alternative opinion. While valuing is one of most important aspects of socionics, Reinin's descriptions of these - and other - dichotomies are questionable, not only because they focus on superficial traits which may or may not follow from sociotype.
    For the merry/serious dichotomy, see here: Merry and serious - Wikisocion

And I actually agree on the validity of Reinin dichotomies, I'm merely expressing the point that I'm no "merry" by his standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss
    Ti types more often have this absolutist approach to truth, for one.
    Ti types do actually more often believe in objective fact (that A = A = A) than Fi types, but I don't see how it couldn't be an Fi personal value, given the innately personal nature of those values. In my view, what's true is true is true, and while I or another person could easily be (and often am) wrong regarding the truth, the truth itself stays stable and the same in spite of our human perceptions of it. Humans aren't omniscient like some sort of Semitic deity, after all. And it isn't as though all members of Fi types don't believe in objective reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss
    Also, it's worth noting that EIIs have strong if unvalued Fe. It isn't a weakness for them, and I've never heard it described as funny - assuming you don't mean amusing here.
    "Strong if unvalued Fe" would actually perfectly describe my own. I can connect with a community of people, communicating and feeling oneness with the lot of them. However, I don't often express my innermost feelings, keeping them entirely to myself - and more to the point, if I'm in a bad mood, or if someone in that group does something I find abhorrent, morally wrong, or even simply off-putting, I'll rarely hide my disdain for that person. I can be socially fine up until the point someone violates my ethical values, then I'll fly off the handle. I can freely go along with the abject stupidity of others, much as it might annoy me, but violating my sense of right and wrong is what gets to me.

I did actually mean amusing, it's funny to see someone normally composed, collected, and engaged in a normal social atmosphere suddenly wreck the mood and fly off the handle for the littlest (at least, littlest as others would likely see them) of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Romana 2 was cooler (and had better chemistry with Tom Baker (obviously )), but Romana 1 was way hotter.
    Both were extremely hot, but I actually think Romana II was the sexier of the two. She was just so... adorable, she looked like some kind of cute little princess. Like you just want to give her a hug and a cuddle, in that smoldering sailor outfit... drool...
    Last edited by Kyon; 09-05-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Creepy-bg

She was just so... adorable, she looked like some kind of cute little princess. Like you just want to give her a hug and a cuddle, in that smoldering sailor outfit... drool...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    You may want to read this first before you commit to anything:

News from the Front

This is the same thing experienced from a different perspective:

YouTube - John Stossel Is College Worth It? 20/20 ABC News
    What is this

Kyon; you sound a little confrontational in your last post, have you considered ESI? Just a thought

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    What is this

Kyon; you sound a little confrontational in your last post, have you considered ESI? Just a thought
    A little confrontational? Hmm, I didn't see it as being confrontational at all, merely laying all information I found relevant to my type out there for a more full view of the situation at hand. I actually have this natural tendency to avoid confrontation - I'll usually go along with whatever asinine thing others get me into to avoid a conflict. When I must debate or stand my ground, unless it's directly related to my tightly-held moral values and occurring in the present moment, I'll usually try to get a friend to do it for me. That's why I've been lurking this forum for about a month prior to registering - debate is a form of confrontation, and so tends to wear me out. I'm almost an Enneagram 9 in that respect, and would be one if I wasn't a 6w5 (6 and 5 being the only Enneagram types that fit me better) - 9w8 is indeed actually the second part of my Enneagram trifix, 6w5 > 9w8 > 2w3.

That, and Ne is my most clearly-held function, to the point where I'm internally (I tend to not let on the extent of my Ne weirdness in my public impression) walking-Ne-on-crack. I did indeed consider ESI, but if not EII or LII (more than likely the former), I'd frankly be more likely to be IEE or ILE than ESI.
    Last edited by Kyon; 09-06-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Fixing yet another typo, one that misrepresented my Enneatype