Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're too delusional to tell.

But that's just me.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you want to spend more time with him and you're lonely when he's gone , there's nothing inherently wrong with that. I would just tell him calmly that you want to spend more time when you need to. Don't be all dramatic about it or anything tho. If he takes it the wrong way and assumes that means you're co-dependent or whatever, then that really is his fault. And if he responds that way, he probably never liked you to begin with and just used you for sex. Like most dirtbag men he isn't ready to be in a committed relationship. Don't ever feel bad or weak for needing people though. =) We're all in this together. (gay disney music plays in background)

If this dude is making you feel guilty for wanting to be emotionally close, which is what a relationship is supposed to be like... then he just sounds like the typical immature dude that is using you for sex.

For me it fluctuates, I think I'll want somebody but really I prefer being left alone and not be 'bugged' but then I'll grow to be fond of somebody and just want them around, that's only natural- ie ur a social ape like everybody else.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    If you want to spend more time with him and you're lonely when he's gone , there's nothing inherently wrong with that. I would just tell him calmly that you want to spend more time when you need to. Don't be all dramatic about it or anything tho. If he takes it the wrong way and assumes that means you're co-dependent or whatever, then that really is his fault. And if he responds that way, he probably never liked you to begin with and just used you for sex. Like most dirtbag men he isn't ready to be in a committed relationship. Don't ever feel bad or weak for needing people though. =) We're all in this together. (gay disney music plays in background)
    lol
    If this dude is making you feel guilty for wanting to be emotionally close, which is what a relationship is supposed to be like... then he just sounds like the typical immature dude that is using you for sex.

For me it fluctuates, I think I'll want somebody but really I prefer being left alone and not be 'bugged' but then I'll grow to be fond of somebody and just want them around, that's only natural- ie ur a social ape like everybody else.
    I think IEIs are this way though. Kind of back and forth. Wanting to be close and then needing to back away. Not ever quite believing that it's real, that they can actually have the intimacy they want. Might be an E-4 thing too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please stop teaching her how to manipulate people.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

That's most definitely NOT the case, lol. It's almost the opposite. He's able to back away physically (physical proximity is necessary in order to get laid) for longer periods of time and still feel close. I need to be around someone more often in order to maintain a feeling of closeness. I need time, attention, affection, and intimacy. Not everyday, but more often than not.

You need time to just process sometimes, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    lol

I think IEIs are this way though. Kind of back and forth. Wanting to be close and then needing to back away. Not ever quite believing that it's real, that they can actually have the intimacy they want. Might be an E-4 thing too.
    Zomg. This is exactly what I realized last night. I think on some level he still thinks it's too good to be true. Remember, the guy was into me for 14 years while I barely even noticed him. He thought I was unattainable. Thought I hated him, actually. I never hated him... I thought he was cool... I just never really thought of him that way until recently. And it really friggin surprised him. He told me within the first couple of days that he'd always thought I was hot (and I was not an attractive teenager, lol), but I didn't know that there was any more to it than that for probably a couple of weeks into the relationship. Anyways, I think maybe part of him is still trying to wrap his head around this.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BITCH STOP ASKING ME FOR MONEY

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bitch stop owing me money
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't owe you anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    (maybe I should be far more emotionally self-sufficient?)
    (Pssst.. I think you're onto something)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for sure

right now I don't give a fuck. about anything.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for sure

right now I don't give a fuck. about anything.
    So if Travis died you wouldn't care?

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I don't owe you anything.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... I've decided to just not worry about Socionics.
    SEE

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

So... I've decided to just not worry about Socionics.
    Bye.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... that's all finally over and done with. He definitely isn't IEI. Seemed like it at first, but no. And that was the least of the issues, lol. Anyways...
    SEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well... that's all finally over and done with. He definitely isn't IEI. Seemed like it at first, but no. And that was the least of the issues, lol. Anyways...
    What type was he? What type do you think he was?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha SF. He was so Fe in an IEI-emo-type-music sort of way that he was tough to type, plus there's probably an E4 wing (3w4). Plus I was just too caught up in it all and probably seeing what I wanted to see. Only took a couple of weeks for this weird Si/Se competition thing to start, and not long after that some shit went down and everything got really messed up, which made it even more difficult to pin a type on him. I'm still not totally sure. Maybe I should read some descriptions... not that it really matters at this point. At this point even if he is my dual it doesn't matter.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally should have seen the strong Se though... strong vs. weak Se is usually pretty apparent to me. He was sort of just following suit in the beginning though... playing the victim (quite well I might add).
    SEE

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to hear about that Joy.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally should have seen the strong Se though... strong vs. weak Se is usually pretty apparent to me. He was sort of just following suit in the beginning though... playing the victim (quite well I might add).
    Mind explaining? This comes across as "he wouldn't let me push him around, and I didn't like that." How does a person play a victim? Don't know if this is what you think or not, but socionics victims are not puppy dogs. They don't just go along with whatever you want. They're way cooler than that.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    sorry to hear about that Joy.
    thanks (:

I feel I've said my "peace" now and am ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Mind explaining? This comes across as "he wouldn't let me push him around, and I didn't like that." How does a person play a victim? Don't know if this is what you think or not, but socionics victims are not puppy dogs. They don't just go along with whatever you want. They're way cooler than that.
    I just meant that he let me initiate everything. He encouraged me and was very receptive and reciprocal but I was the one who actually made all the moves. Which is how I like it.
    SEE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234