Results 1 to 38 of 38

Thread: What type do you get from this?

  1. #1

    Default What type do you get from this?

    I've had some confusion regarding my type and I've had people type me 6 different ways. I read that a video would be a better example than just typing or showing a picture. I also read some questions to answer in the video, so I answered those. It was on an MBTI forum, so they are called that. Watch them and see what you think, please.

    I took 32 minutes and 56 seconds to answer them. I was cut off right as I was about to stop because the battery died. Man, I didn't realize it took so long.








  2. #2

    Default

    VI?

  3. #3
    pluie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    V. I.

    rhymes with lie.

    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

  4. #4

    Default

    Ah, my face.

    Does it share more commonalities with "lie" than just the sound?

  5. #5
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    First of all you seem super EXXp. A lot of the time you seem very distracted with your pauses and frequent fidgeting/pacing etc, which I've come to associate with Ep temperament. ego seems to work for a couple of reasons: first off you seem very well-attuned to the physical reality of things, like in the 2nd video's cat story. Secondly, I find that eyes have this weird mannerism where they can look at the camera/conversation partner, then quickly look over at something else, then right back to the camera/partner. It's as if they're constantly scanning their physical environment for stuff, which I don't get from /.

    ESXp work for me, I might be more tempted to say ESFp because I don't get that much of a vibe from you. Also you remind me of Johnny Knoxville.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  6. #6
    star stuff April's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    chatbox
    TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Beta ST?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    ESXp work for me, I might be more tempted to say ESFp because I don't get that much of a vibe from you. Also you remind me of Johnny Knoxville.
    Really? Johnny Knoxville seems much more comfortable talking than I do.

  8. #8
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    VI?
    If you haven't read it anywhere yet, it means Visual Identification. It's the attempt to find out your type based on your face, stance, gestures and so on. And it rhymes with lie because not everybody belief it actually works.

    You may be able to find out your temperament yourself, here is an article about it. At the first glance you appear rather introvert to me, probably Ip. But I don't rule out Ep or an other temperament.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My friend thinks ENFj. I could see that. Which quadra values remind you most of your own? If it's those of the Beta's, we might be on the right track. (Scroll down) Reinin dichotomies - Wikisocion
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

  10. #10
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Really? Johnny Knoxville seems much more comfortable talking than I do.
    Well I think visually your face reminds me of his. Also there's this gruffness to both of your voices that kinda sync up, although I highly doubt that's type-related.


    Also, I just saw your fourth video, and I relate to a lot of what you've said in the beginning. Could you be E6? Your response to the last question also seems super .
    Last edited by Galen; 09-01-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't type you specifically but u seem alpha or beta definitely.

  12. #12
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSI, I'd say.

    Sup Idec. See your interest in self-discovery is wider than just MBTI and enneagram.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    LSI, I'd say.

    Sup Idec. See your interest in self-discovery is wider than just MBTI and enneagram.
    Aww man. I'm busted. so LSI is ISTj, which is ISTp/ISTj in MBTI, right? That seems about right, since those are the types everyone was debating. I don't really understand how socionics interprets the cognitive functions differently. Do you feel it is a better system?

  14. #14

    Default

    Talking about some other things. I was definitely more poised this time and I sat down the whole time. This might be more my normal, relaxed personality. I think the problem before was that I felt kinda rushed and I didn't like the questions. It was unusually hard for me to think of answers that day. See if it yields different results. Aleksei said to talk faster. I think I did.

    Last edited by Idec Sdawkminn; 09-02-2010 at 02:59 AM.

  15. #15
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI would be my best guess. Also, welcome back.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  16. #16
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah you seem as fuck in that video lol. You seem very intensely focused on the camera as well as the rest of your environment.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Yeah you seem as fuck in that video lol. You seem very intensely focused on the camera as well as the rest of your environment.
    Yes but I was intentionally looking at the camera in that one and trying to look away as little as I could.

  18. #18
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's a very short test you can take:

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-type-you.html
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  19. #19
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    ILI would be my best guess.
    also what i thought. but i am not sure.

  20. #20
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also thought ILI and was struck by his resemblance to Niffweed in conversation style and mannerisms.

    Took me a couple tries to get through your monstrosity of a video
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Here's a very short test you can take:

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-type-you.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    Answer these questions and I will tell you your type

    Do you tend to notice the way things fit together or the way things stand apart?
    Stand apart. It's all just normal, average stuff unless something stands out from everything else.

    When you engage someone you don't know in conversation do you relax or become tense?
    Oddly enough, I relax. I'm definitely not outgoing and am very rarely one to initiate a conversation or short exchange, but once I start talking to someone, I'm pretty relaxed and open.

    When something is hard for you are you more inclined to relax or more inclined to become tense?
    There are people who relax more when something is hard? Wow. I can't imagine someone being that way. I definitely become more tense.

    Is it easier for you to catch on to something as it is happening or to make something fit within a context?
    Hmm. I know that I can catch onto something as it is happening, like pick up clues to figure out what is going on if I came in during a situation, but I'll definitely ask questions about it because I want to get the whole story. I can't think of an example of making something fit within a context to determine if I can easily do that or not.

    Do you prefer to become acquainted with your surroundings or to verify them according to a designated scheme?
    Verify my surroundings? What's to verify? They are there. I guess I become acquainted with them. What's an example of verifying them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    I also thought ILI and was struck by his resemblance to Niffweed in conversation style and mannerisms.

    Took me a couple tries to get through your monstrosity of a video
    Monstrosity!? LOL. What about my second one? That one's easier.

    ...unless you were talking about the second one.

  22. #22
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not a good listener, lol. A half an hour was enough video watching for me.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  23. #23
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Stand apart. It's all just normal, average stuff unless something stands out from everything else.


    Oddly enough, I relax. I'm definitely not outgoing and am very rarely one to initiate a conversation or short exchange, but once I start talking to someone, I'm pretty relaxed and open.


    There are people who relax more when something is hard? Wow. I can't imagine someone being that way. I definitely become more tense.


    Hmm. I know that I can catch onto something as it is happening, like pick up clues to figure out what is going on if I came in during a situation, but I'll definitely ask questions about it because I want to get the whole story. I can't think of an example of making something fit within a context to determine if I can easily do that or not.


    Verify my surroundings? What's to verify? They are there. I guess I become acquainted with them. What's an example of verifying them?
    Your answers indicate NT club and probably point towards ILE, but Huitz will give you a better response, since it's his test and he's more keen on interpreting Reinin than I am.

    I think you may have misinterpreted question #3 and #5, but they are kinda badly worded anyway, so I'll leave it to Huitzilopotchli to interpret your results and answer your questions.
    Last edited by Park; 09-02-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  24. #24

    Default

    Is it easier for you to catch on to something as it is happening or to make something fit within a context?
    My co-worker said the former is someone who thinks well on the fly and the latter is someone who says, "aw man, I should have said that!" like I always do.

  25. #25
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Yes but I was intentionally looking at the camera in that one and trying to look away as little as I could.
    Well you pull it off in a way that I wouldn't expect valuers to do. You see how your eyes have a way of looking at something off-cam really quick then immediately switch back to the camera? That's not something I generally see in / valuers, it's much more of an ego thing from what I've observed. I mean you admit yourself that you're constantly scanning your environment, which seems to be how brains function at their basest level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    I also thought ILI and was struck by his resemblance to Niffweed in conversation style and mannerisms.
    How on earth is this guy at all like niffweed? He's far too active in the way he moves and infinitely less annoying in the way he speaks.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Well you pull it off in a way that I wouldn't expect valuers to do. You see how your eyes have a way of looking at something off-cam really quick then immediately switch back to the camera? That's not something I generally see in / valuers, it's much more of an ego thing from what I've observed. I mean you admit yourself that you're constantly scanning your environment, which seems to be how brains function at their basest level.


    How on earth is this guy at all like niffweed? He's far too active in the way he moves and infinitely less annoying in the way he speaks.
    I was walking home and thought "man, I really seemed nervous in that video and my inability to think of answers and the resulting pauses made for such a long running time." Well, I didn't really think of it like that. It was more like "ugh...I looked way nervous...video was way too long...too many pauses...couldn't think of things to say...stupid..." I then immediately started imagining doing another video and talking about something else but I'd test myself to see if I could look directly at the camera and not look away once the whole time while speaking fluidly like I do often enough. I then thought of answering the same set of questions that way instead since it would be a better experiment. More constants between the 2.

    When I watched my videos again, I decided against answering those questions because I anticipated having similar difficulty in answering them. I also allowed myself some leeway in eye focus so I wouldn't be unnatural and fake. Usually when I look away, I don't look at something in particular, I just look in a direction. I may see something, but I'm usually unaware of what I looked at and couldn't tell you what I was looking at for the life of me.

    As far as scanning my environment while I'm pacing, it's something I do almost subconsciously. It's just barely conscious enough for me to notice and remember doing. What I'm thinking of or talking about is definitely in the forefront of my mind and it wasn't until I had to explain to someone once what I was doing that I actually thought about it. It is because of that time that I notice it more (but can still passively do it just as effectively) and thought of bringing it up.

    Also, thanks for not thinking I'm annoying, or at least as annoying as someone else.

  27. #27
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    I was walking home and thought "man, I really seemed nervous in that video and my inability to think of answers and the resulting pauses made for such a long running time." Well, I didn't really think of it like that. It was more like "ugh...I looked way nervous...video was way too long...too many pauses...couldn't think of things to say...stupid..." I then immediately started imagining doing another video and talking about something else but I'd test myself to see if I could look directly at the camera and not look away once the whole time while speaking fluidly like I do often enough. I then thought of answering the same set of questions that way instead since it would be a better experiment. More constants between the 2.
    I didn't think you were stupid at all. You just seemed kinda nervous to be talking to a camera, but that's understandable. I don't think anybody really has the ability to stare at one point for ten minutes, so don't beat yourself up about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    When I watched my videos again, I decided against answering those questions because I anticipated having similar difficulty in answering them. I also allowed myself some leeway in eye focus so I wouldn't be unnatural and fake. Usually when I look away, I don't look at something in particular, I just look in a direction. I may see something, but I'm usually unaware of what I looked at and couldn't tell you what I was looking at for the life of me.
    Hmm, interesting. Even if you aren't looking at anything in specific, from my POV your eye movements seem very deliberate and focused. Even when you're looking into the camera you're much more focused than any valuer I've known.

    Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    As far as scanning my environment while I'm pacing, it's something I do almost subconsciously. It's just barely conscious enough for me to notice and remember doing. What I'm thinking of or talking about is definitely in the forefront of my mind and it wasn't until I had to explain to someone once what I was doing that I actually thought about it. It is because of that time that I notice it more (but can still passively do it just as effectively) and thought of bringing it up.
    Yeah I tend to not scan my environment at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Also, thanks for not thinking I'm annoying, or at least as annoying as someone else.
    Haha, not at all. You seem like a cool guy from what I know and have seen of you. I'm getting a stronger sense of valuing from you I think, you don't seem as intellectually defensive/abrasive as some people I've known.

    Just for reference, how do you self-type?
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  28. #28
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    How on earth is this guy at all like niffweed? He's far too active in the way he moves and infinitely less annoying in the way he speaks.
    Try spending actual time with Niffweed. His mannerisms are quite different when you're interacting with him in person. Similarly, when you get him talking about something he has a very similar rhythm. Where he sort of retreats into his head to think about what he's saying, then blurts everything out, then encounters a long pause for the retreat again, then more blurting.

    Honestly, I found the resemblance between them uncanny. I'd be interested to see what some of the people who've met Niffweed think.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  29. #29
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Try spending actual time with Niffweed. His mannerisms are quite different when you're interacting with him in person. Similarly, when you get him talking about something he has a very similar rhythm. Where he sort of retreats into his head to think about what he's saying, then blurts everything out, then encounters a long pause for the retreat again, then more blurting.
    Idec doesn't seem to be "retreating" into his head at all when he pauses like he does. It's more that he's simply looking for the right words to say, otherwise he seems very outwardly oriented. I do things like that all the time, where I speak faster than my train of thought and have to stop my speech to let my brain catch up, and I just assumed that's what was going on with Idec too.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  30. #30
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Galen, you're full of shit. Vero, I agree about niffweed.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Galen, you're full of shit. Vero, I agree about niffweed.
    Separating the wheat from the chaff, aren't we ?

  32. #32

    Default

    When I paused right after reading a new question, it was mostly because I was trying to think of an answer and was drawing blanks. There are plenty of things I like and dislike about people, for example, but I couldn't think of any at the time. It's not something that is usually in the forefront of my mind. I only think about it when it happens.

    When I paused after talking about an idea and you'd think I would move onto the next question but instead I talk more, the pause was because there was this thing in the back of my head bugging me that there was another idea linked to this one that I wanted to talk about as well.

    When I paused in the middle of an idea or sentence, it was to find the word the most accurately described the thought I wanted to convey because the one I was currently thinking of described it somewhat, but wasn't the one I knew was better.

    @Galen - Don't worry about it. I wasn't beating myself up and didn't think you thought I was stupid. I thought the way I was in the video was stupid (stupid is a word I use for anything I don't like) and didn't think it accurately depicted how I normally am in a normal, relaxed environment.

    @greenantler - How does my stand out? Just the eyes part? I'd like to tell you my Dad's type, but I'm not sure. I want to be sure of mine before I take on people I know. As far as my best guess:

    Definitely Extroverted. He is usually the life of the party when we have get-togethers at our house. He's always making jokes and puns about EVERYTHING and everyone always laughs. He loves being the center of attention and doesn't like being alone for very long (although he does if he is thinking about something).
    Definitely Ethical. He took a cognitive processes test and got ~43 for both and . The next highest one was in the low to mid 30s. I think the is influenced by his strong religious beliefs and practices.
    He's pretty talented with his hands and does slight of hand tricks for his grandkids. He played Ultimate Frisbee with my brothers once (he's 51) when he was picking them up and for that game was considered by all players as the best player. You wouldn't think he is in very good shape and he has health problems. His favorite past time is photography and he's trying to make a business out of it. He'd much rather work for himself than someone else. He has traditional views. When asked to describe a small, plastic, pink cup, he said he thought of us when we were younger and used to drink out of it. That points to .

    So, maybe or , which would make me or if I was his dual.

    As far as other relationships, my fiancée tested as ISFJ in MBTI. She's definitely introverted, DEFINITELY a feeler (gets upset waaaaaay easily and it completely overrides her logic when she is (her words)), and matches SJ descriptions. Described the cup as physical details and hates being late and would much rather know what to expect and what is going on than being surprised or being spontaneous.

    We have arguments often and they always end with her shutting up early on and only opening her mouth to say things like "yeah, whatever" or "whatever you say" or "you just want to be right". She gets more and more upset the longer we talk, not understanding why I'm wanting to be right so bad that I have to keep "badgering" her about it, when I'm trying to figure out the issue and get input from her about so we can fix this and not understanding why she doesn't seem to care enough about the relationship to try to make it better for us.

    Here is (paraphrased by me) an argument we had a couple weeks ago. We were in the car so I couldn't readily get her what she wanted, but I was more than willing to:

    Her: I'm hungry.
    Me: Okay.
    Her: Either that or I'm just thirsty.
    Me: ??? You don't know?
    Her: No.
    Me: .............well, usually when I'm thirsty I feel it in my mouth and when I'm hungry I feel it in my stomach.
    Her: Well I'm so glad you're so perfect.
    Me: I'm not perfect and I'm not saying I am. I was saying how it is for me and hoping you'd say how it is different for you.
    Her: My stomach hurts whether I'm hungry or thirsty.
    Me: Oh. So you can never tell which one you are?
    Her: Just forget it.
    Me: Why? What's wrong?
    Her: Nothing, just forget it.
    Me: I'm just showing interest in what you're saying.
    Her: No you're not! You're grilling me!
    Me: I'm not grilling you.
    Her: Yes you are! And I'm not going to pretend to put up with it anymore!
    Me: How am I grilling you?
    Her: You're asking me all these questions about it!
    Me: Why would I be grilling you?
    Her: I don't know. To make a point or something.
    Me: I'm not trying to make any point.
    Her: Then I don't know what you're doing.
    Me: I'm asking questions about things you said that I don't understand because I care about what you're talking about.
    Her: Well whatever. I don't want to talk about it anymore.
    I posted this and a member re-posted the conversation but included her thoughts and feelings she would be thinking and having during the conversation if she was the female. I read it to my fiancée and she agreed pretty much 100% that it concurred with her thoughts and feelings at the time (I can post that if you want). The forum member had a boyfriend whom she would have similar arguments and seemed very turned-off to me because of it. Definitely took my girl's side. I thanked her and did the same about my thoughts and feelings during it. She was surprisingly very taken aback by it, it totally changed her attitude toward me, and expressed desire to call her ex-boyfriend up and ask him what was going through his head at the time. Here's how I felt and thought about it. Green is how I took what she said and Purple is my thoughts and feelings:

    Her: I'm hungry. Let's go get something to eat.

    Local fast food places start appearing in my head. Having trouble focusing on one. Which one should I go to to get her some food? I'll wait and see if she will elaborate.

    Me: Okay.

    Okay, I'll get you something to eat. Tell me what you want.

    Her: Either that or I'm just thirsty.

    The image of a Diet Dr. Pepper appeared in my head. Wait, WTF? How could someone possibly mix those up? That's like not knowing if you saw something or if you heard it. (I didn't think she was stupid. The notion or feeling of her being inferior in any way didn't even come up. What I felt was curiosity and confusion and thus intrigue.) Did I hear her right? Is she joking? That doesn't sound like the type of joke someone would make. Let me make sure.

    Me: ??? You don't know?
    Her: No.

    There's someone who really can't tell? Her detection methods must be different from mine. I wonder how hers work. I'll tell her how mine work and express that this is how I assume the detection methods work to explain my confusion regarding her difficulty in being able to tell.

    Me: .............well, usually when I'm thirsty I feel it in my mouth and when I'm hungry I feel it in my stomach. ...so, how does yours work?
    Her: Well I'm so glad you're so perfect. Don't brag about how you're better than I am!

    GAH!!!!!!!! WTF are you talking about!? How did ANY of what I just said sound REMOTELY like I am trying to brag about how perfect I am!? This is how bodies normally work! EVERYONE's body works this way! I'm just using mine as an example since I have the most personal experience with it! Stop getting distracted by every single tiny little POSSIBILITY of a hurtful intention! Do you really enjoy focusing on the negative so much, even if you have to forcefully extract it? You're making it very difficult to communicate with you. Oh well, I guess the only thing I can really do is get the ridiculous idea that I'm saying I'm perfect eliminated so we can go back to the discussion we were having.

    Me: I'm not perfect and I'm not saying I am. I was saying how it is for me and hoping you'd say how it is different for you.
    Her: My stomach hurts whether I'm hungry or thirsty.

    Good, she's back on the discussion. Okay, so her stomach hurts for both. Hurts? That sucks. But I've never heard of something like this before. Is this a recurring problem for her? That really sucks if it is. Now I'm curious if this happens all the time.

    Me: Oh. So you can never tell which one you are?
    Her: Just forget it. You said something wrong again and good luck getting out of me what it was.

    Oh no! Don't start that again! We were getting back into the discussion and now you're getting distracted by the negativity you imagined again! Well, I may as well attempt to find out what she's upset about, even though she probably won't tell me. You have to start somewhere. She'll either tell me, which would be nice for once, or just stay clammed up.

    Me: Why? What's wrong?
    Her: Nothing, just forget it. Nope, not telling. I'd rather sit here and stew in my negative emotions than be helpful toward trying to work something out. And so should you.

    Yep, second option. Oh well, I've been here before. Nothing new. So, let's see. She's probably upset about me talking about something for too long. She's always getting upset when we go for longer than a couple exchanges back and forth about something. But I'm only doing this because I'm interested in what she is talking about. SHE brought up the topic. I'm talking about it with her. She's been saying lately that I don't seem to show interest in what she has to say. Well, this is what I'm doing, so maybe I can point that out and she'll realize that I'm doing what she complained I'm not.

    Me: I'm just showing interest in what you're saying.
    Her: No you're not! You're grilling me!

    Grilling!? GRILLING!? Are you serious!? How in the fuck could anyone in the fucking world interpret ANYTHING of what I said as grilling!? I honestly don't know what to think. My mind is blown. How does one respond to that? Grilling? Really? Well, I know she's not going to make anything easy on me, meaning I have to figure it out like a puzzle. Let's establish first of all that I wasn't grilling her and see what she says to that. *sigh* This is really getting tiring.

    Me: I'm not grilling you.
    Her: Yes you are! And I'm not going to pretend to put up with it anymore!

    Great. She still believes that I'm grilling her. Then let's first figure out what caused her to think I'm grilling her. She obviously misheard or misunderstood something, so that is the root of it. Let's find out what that was so that I can correct it and the belief it is holding up shouldn't have any support and should disappear.

    Me: How am I grilling you?
    Her: You're asking me all these questions about it! Any question, no matter what the reason or context= interrogation without regard for the victim. It doesn't matter if you were trying to understand something better or not. You're just being nosy.

    Okay, so she doesn't like me asking questions about things she says. She just wants me to listen to her and not care enough about what she's saying to try to understand something I don't. How is that caring about what she says? That is irrational, so I can't rationalize that away. Maybe I'll get to what motive she thinks I have and take away the support for her belief that way.

    Me: Why would I be grilling you?
    Her: I don't know. To make a point or something. You're being just like my ex who used to only say things to make a point and then attack me with reasons until I gave in and told him he was right, which is all he wanted to hear.

    A point? How could any of what I asked be leading up to me making a point? What point could I possibly be trying to make after what I said? That doesn't even make sense. I was asking her about how her body told her she was hungry versus thirsty. What point could anyone make by asking those questions? And even if someone somehow was, how would the person they are talking to come to that conclusion? Ugh, whatever. At least there seems to be a hint. She thinks I'm trying to make a point and I'm not. Maybe this is the heart of the issue. I'll try to eliminate the "point" idea and maybe that will clear things up. Man, this is a tiresome game she makes me play, but I'm feeling more positive like I'm maybe getting somewhere.

    Me: I'm not trying to make any point.
    Her: Then I don't know what you're doing. Oh, you're not? Then what are you doing?

    YES! She's starting to open up and consider that maybe it isn't how she thought! That means she's more open to what I say it IS! We may just be able to work this thing out after all! Okay, so I'll re-state that I'm just showing interest in what she was saying and maybe she'll consider it this time. Please please please!

    Me: I'm asking questions about things you said that I don't understand because I care about what you're talking about.
    Her: Well whatever. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Whatever. It doesn't matter who was right or wrong. I don't care about the truth or your intentions. I won't tell you if I believe you or not. I'm done talking about it. Just assume whatever you want.

    Hopefully this gives some insight into my personality and my type of relationship with others.
    Last edited by Idec Sdawkminn; 09-03-2010 at 06:00 PM.

  33. #33
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ This does sound like Te-Fe interaction, though it's probably far from the only explanation. FWIW you don't seem ILI to me in your videos (watched only part though), but then I don't really relate to Te-subtypes, so who knows.
    Last edited by Aiss; 09-03-2010 at 07:43 PM.

  34. #34
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No you're INTj. It's extremely obvious. The people on this board suck at typing.
    ILI is a terrible guess and sniffweed is actually INTj. ISTp is equally unlikely. ENTp is sort of possible, but INTj is better.
    INTp

  35. #35

    Default

    Thanks for the responses. Here is a problem I'm seeing, however:

    1. Idec ≈ Member
    2. Member = Type x
    3. Idec = Type x


    or

    1. Idec ≈ Other people member knows
    2. Other people member knows = Type x
    3. Idec = Type x


    What if #2 is incorrect?

    I went to wikisocion.org and looked through all the information elements and read all the 8 positions they can be in and the corresponding descriptions. Of the ones I felt I understood and could apply to myself, I tried to pick the one that applied to me the most. I found it difficult to pick one, so I listed the ones that seemed tied for most accurate. My list looks like this:

    2/4/6/8
    2/6/7
    3/4/6
    4/5/7

    1/2/4/8
    1/2/4/8
    1/2/4
    3/5

    which turned out like this:

    LII 7
    LSI 5
    LIE 5
    EII 4
    LSE 4
    EIE 4
    ILI 4
    SLI 4
    ESE 3
    ESI 2
    ILE 2
    IEE 2
    IEI 1
    SLE 1
    SEE 1
    SEI 1

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Idec Sdawkminn; 09-03-2010 at 09:05 PM.

  36. #36
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hah, I agree with Galen.

  37. #37
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    How on earth is this guy at all like niffweed? He's far too active in the way he moves and infinitely less annoying in the way he speaks.
    Lmao. Galen is right. How is he like niffweed?

  38. #38

    Default

    I was noticing things I do often and wanted to talk about them in case they would impact the determination of my type at all.

    I sometimes deliberately misinterpret things people say just so they can correct me. Example:

    "I need to buy some pads."
    "Yeah? So you don't skin your knees in case you fall off your bike?"
    "No. It's that time of month."
    "I know. It's almost payday so we can afford them."

    I often come up with bogus things to explain happenings. Example:

    "Why is it so windy today?"
    "I don't know. Maybe the people that happen to be facing us are coincidentally breathing more in sync today."

    or

    "Did you answer me?"
    "Yes."
    "I didn't hear you."
    "Hmm. Maybe the air particles were too busy vibrating from the sound waves of all the other sounds in the environment that they couldn't also vibrate in a way to transmit my answer at the same time. One can only vibrate in so many different ways at once."

    When a passenger in a car, I used to look out the window at the telephone poles and lines. The lines appeared to stay still while the poles would go by. I'd imagine the lines were floating and needed to be black all the time, so the poles, which resembled paint brushes, would need to be going by and painting a fresh coat of paint onto the lines each time.

    When watching commercials, I notice things other than what the advertisers were trying to convey. Like I'll watch a life insurance one and all the images or scenes are of families going fishing with smiles on their faces or welcoming visiting relatives into their homes... with smiles on their faces. Apparently everyone with life insurance are Es and Fs. But besides that, I watch the commercial and I am unable to pay attention to what the narrator is actually saying about life insurance because I'm too distracted by how the scenes have NOTHING to do with what is being said. I also see things like a cartoon depiction of an animal or something and think of how it is just black lines with different colors between them and our brains interpret it as an animal. I imagine that being real and wonder how it would function that way. I also think things like "why am I reacting so strongly to this pain? It's just some electrical signal telling my brain to give me this sensation. It's not real" or "I'm only feeling angry because some instinct that my brain developed is producing some chemical in reaction to what just happened."

    When having an argument and I start to feel upset and want to say something mean or hurtful because of it, I think of how the other person would respond and how it would just end up making me upset more as a result, so I say something different to hopefully result in a different outcome.

    I'm very observant in some ways, and not at all in others. I'll notice how the base of the Jesus on a cross statue on someone's desk looks like an upside-down Reese's candy when the person who owns the desk never noticed it, but I'll notice something in my house that I walk by every day and realize that the last time I actually looked at it and noticed it was more than a month ago.

    I don't like planning things and don't like having to stick to a routine of tasks I do, but each individual task has a routine that I stick to when doing them. Example:

    When unloading the dishwasher, I start with the bottom tray first. On the bottom tray, I start with the silverware tray first. In the silverware tray, I put away the large stuff that doesn't go into the silverware drawer first, then the actual silverware. The rest of the stuff on the bottom tray doesn't have an order. When that is done, I do the top tray. On this tray, I start on the left in the back and grab that thing. I grab any other parts that need to go with it, such as a lid. Other cups that are of the same type count as other parts. I then go down the row until I find another thing that goes in the same drawer or cupboard as the one I have and grab that one and put them both away. I leave any cupboard or drawer open until there are no more items that go in them. This is sort of a fun process for me to do and I enjoy sticking to the routine.

    I apply human characteristics to inanimate objects. When a TV is on and no one is watching, I think about how the TV is trying it's absolute hardest to do the very best job of accurately reproducing the complex pattern of pixels every split second, not to mention the same level of precision for the audio, and it is performing this task perfectly... and no one is seeing it. When I see pillars or some other form of foundation or support holding up huge amounts of weight, I think of how it has to always hold up all that weight, day and night, year after year, without ever getting a rest and how bad that must suck. I see trees in the cold wind and rain and imagine how it must be to always be outside in that all the time. I see aquatic animals in cold water and think how it must really suck to be in cold water constantly and never be warm. They are never warm. Imagine never in your life being warm. Always cold. When something is baking in the oven or cooking on the stove, I think of how horribly painful that would be to be in there. And then when we take it out, I think how it must be relieved to be out of there and be able to cool off. But then 10 minutes later it is still too hot to touch. I can't even touch it for more than a second. But it was that hot for almost an hour. Imagine being that hot for that long. It's horrible. I think things types of things on a very regular basis. I know it isn't real and I don't really take it seriously, but I entertain these types of thoughts all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •