Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Matthew by the answers to those questions

Well, since EVERYONE is doing it:

Who are you?

MatthewZ, aka Matthew_Z, MZ, MattZ, Z, and Zed.

What are you interests?

Quite frankly, whatever catches my eye for a moment. Anything has a potential to be interesting based on a combination of its intrinsic value and presentation.

Of course, to be fair from how vague I'm going to be in some of the follow questions, I should give at least some detail here. Compared to the average person, I'm a fan of the arts. If it wasn't the complete opposite of my natural skillset, I've told myself that I'd be pursuing a dream of being a Broadway actor. As I'm sure silverchris will attest, performing is enjoyable and has a very nice side element of personal development one doesn't get as a 9-5 paper pusher.

Naturally, that's just a facet. I suppose I could get into what I might put in a personal ad. In one sense, I truly am a "long walks on the beach" kind of person. When I was younger I was a nature lover with a fierce environmentalist side, but now I'm contented with an eternal passion for climbing tall hills and looking out at the view.

Before I finish this question, I feel that I'm leaving a crucial bit out. There is a side of me that loves "games." On the more "serious" side, I was a junior chess champion at age 10, although I've mostly discarded the game because of its relative simplicity that necessitates repetitively applying the same algorithms for victory. I'll still die for a good strategy game, some may have inferred from my Starcraft II avatar. RTS as a genre has been a dirty pleasure of mine ever since my introduction to it. If I ever wanted to make this "productive," I've considered going into Game Theory and becoming a modern John Forbes Nash, because who doesn't like considering the implications of Prisoner's Dilemma? It's that kind of research mankind is going to need to advance our understanding of microeconomics, artificial intelligence, and even of the human mind. (because, from a philosophical standpoint, who could pass down the opportunity of understanding the workings of the mind?)

In retrospect, I may have just found a calling in life.

PS: I'm a closeted gameshow addict.

What do you do for a living? (omitted for online anonymity)

Are you in school? How do/did you like it? (see above)

Future goals? Past experiences? (see above)

What are your friends like?

Naturally, my friends aren't clones of the same person, so there's going to be a fairly large range of personality traits between them. However, as a generality, they feel some degree of separation from the "mainstream" and have adapted by sticking together as a non-blood related family. The majority of them have a relaxed accepting nature simply from experience with the pain of rejection.

Interest-wise, I'm also talking about a wide range, but there are some similarities. 90%, by my estimate, are currently engaged in online roleplaying. Perhaps the familiarity with internet culture is the conversation starter that allowed me to connect with them well. From there, it's mostly up to random variance. A typical circle of friends, one could say.

Beliefs? General thoughts about w/e?

I've written far too much about my beliefs through various mediums lately to have the energy to do such again here. I'm simply going to quote a similar post of mine from another forum and leave it open to questions from there.

At this point, I'll delve a little into my belief system to perhaps give you all a perspective on how my mind works. In the metaphysical context, I classify myself as an atheist, although, using a strict technical definition, I'd be an agnostic. I follow a Dawkins-esque idea that, given the modern understanding mankind has, the most rational conception of a "god" or supernatural being is a "god of the gaps," and that this interpretation pails in comparison to the belief that there are no gods. From my understanding of social anthropology, I see religion as a conception in early man's mind as an attempt to explain what he could not fully explain, thus allowing his mind to be at ease. That said, I entirely disagree with theists on a intellectual level, but I do believe that, as an idea, religion was a psychologically beneficial idea to adhere to when the "god of the gaps" still had a lot of territory to inhabit, and I do have a great deal of respect and admiration for the philanthropic pillars of the major of the world's major religions.

Away form metaphysics and onto the level of personal philosophy, I describe myself as a sort of "hedonistic existentialist." I resonate strongly with the idea that it is the responsibility of each individual to assign meaning to his or her own life. To this end, I accept that there likely is only one life, and, in that life, I try create a "happy" existence for myself, for lack of a less vague term. When I find something particularly enjoyable or fulfilling, I have no problem indulging into that until such feelings fade away. That being my philosophy on a more abstract level, on a slightly more concrete level, I mostly disassociate from modern consumerist values as they are mostly unfulfilling and create only a temporary high, but I do prefer a well-off standard of living and am by no means an ascetic.
    How would others describe you?

It wasn't too long ago that the circle of friends I described above played a game of "describe the following person in one word." The majority consensus regarding the word that best describes me was "weird." I'll leave that one to your interpretation. I have a slight eccentric side, but that's mostly because I prefer to write my own personal credo rather than have it dictated by others around me. I don't take issue with perhaps caring "too much" about an interest. That obsessive quality surfaces in quite a few of my friends as well.

I opt to not go into more "superficial" adjectives at this time.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome! Gonna read it when I get off work.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting stuff, man. You definitely sound like an alpha NT.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    Well, since EVERYONE is doing it:
    As a matter of fact, far from everyone is doing it. EVERYONE might be another matter, though. Does uppercase make it any more valid?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    As a matter of fact, far from everyone is doing it. EVERYONE might be another matter, though. Does uppercase make it any more valid?
    The uppercase emphasizes the element of hyperbole.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to announce that I've been authorized to ban anyone on sight for not responding to this thread.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd like to announce that I've been authorized to ban anyone on sight for not responding to this thread.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Matthew, I could test someone's LIIness by asking their opinion on paradoxes. I won't tell you more, because labcoat is watching, but with this I can make the difference between LII and LSI very easily.
    lol! I'll cover labcoat's eyes and you can whisper it to Matthew.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally think you're a C-LII, or the closest this forum has to one. I am fully aware there are others who sometimes type themselves so, though.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

self type or ISTj

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why LSI as the suggestion as possible second?

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why LSI as the suggestion as possible second?
    Because

Quote Originally Posted by MattewZ View Post

Of course in and of itself means nothing, but strikes me as beta rational power hunger, lol.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Of course in and of itself means nothing, but strikes me as beta rational power hunger, lol.
    I don't know how I'd make it through the day without my dream of conquering the world. It's currently on the backburner, but I know what I'd do given a few million soldiers and equipment.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol. Another thing that made me think ISTj is how you describe your belief system. People who have as their demonstrative function dont seem to be concerned with it,at least for as much as Ive observed. Again I could be wrong here so take it with a grain of salt.