Thread: Does this annoy Rational/j types

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does this annoy Rational/j types

Does this question distinguish j and p:

Do you get annoyed if things don't go the way that you had planned?

If you say Yes then you are a rational type. If you say No then you are an irrational type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometime yes, other times not. I think the question is too vague and general to be of much use in typing anyway.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I am aware irrationals don't get annoyed if things don't go to plan.

I need an irrational type to prove this wrong.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    As far as I am aware irrationals don't get annoyed if things don't go to plan.

I need an irrational type to prove this wrong.
    You are a stubborn ass!

Alright, I am irrational, and I do get annoyed if things don't go to plan and something bad happens, but I get over it like everybody else.

A better question (even though you are going to ignore me here) would be: "Do you LIKE to make and keep plans? Do you feel lost if you are unable to consider the consequenses before doing something, or would you rather just "wing it"?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get this: I don't mind planning, knowing that things will probably work out differently.

Planning gets me psyched and motivated, ready to take action and move forward. As long as there is a vague semblence of the plan and goals are achieved, I don't really care if it works out or not.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to never plan anything. It seemed everyone planned everything for me already, anyway (Im the fifth child of 8). School, work, worship, etc all had to be performed on schedual. Eventually it began to catch up to me because I would take on more and more responsiblities led by an over active
    So I began to plan loosely. For example I will make a list to see how much I can get done. It may include far more items than I can do in a day but at least it gives me some structure. I actually learned this from studying type. I found out that some types are list makers. No one in my family is except my mother so I thought she was just strange. HA!
    Since type is about preference I decided I could do things that I was not accustomed to do just to try it on for size. So every now and then , esp when falling behind, I try to go into J mode and accomplish things with a loose schedual. It really works and Im less stressed and disorganized.
    I even decided to try to work on all my preferences to see if I could modify them, pretending like Im a different type. Now I dont feel locked in to my past behavoir like I did at some points.

Topaz