Thread: Refusing to have children

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Refusing to have children..

..because they might have deformities. Like being Siamese twins or having three legs.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type that has zero faith in their genome.

I would say a type that has weak devalued Ne.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just abort if it has any problems. No biggie.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As with many topics in this forum, this isn't type related. This extends to an almost eugenics-type thinking it seems, but overall, it's more of a moral stand-point. If I knew a child was going to come into the world with a deformity that would make life tough for them and tough for me, I'd choose an abortion. As well, if I knew I had traits that I could pass down (genetic illnesses and such) that would make life difficult for the child, it seems less humane to birth a child who will constantly be feeling pain. There is no particular structure of your information metabolism that would make you more or less likely to come to these sort of conclusions, or else you'd also be implying that there's an overall type that is similar to those who are anti-abortion, which is isn't the case as religion and political standing influence your position more when it comes to be being anti-abortion.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abortion, adoption or divorce are the options that come to mind if she gets pregnant at all. Hoorah

Those Se types are often anxious about the future, yet at the same time Ni seems to consider the worst possible future, so you got me there. I don't think it's related to Si/Ne or logics/ethics very much, if anything it's some variation of Si Ne.

@mattie Refusing to have children b/c of possible deformities does not automatically imply anything about what that person thinks about abortion. And yeah it's probably not type related, but if anything it's interesting to see what a thing stereotypically represents in the functions.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if your kid is a boring opposing quadra kid ?

That is actually a bigger and more realistic fear for me.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's when you use adoption . You can probably type the kid in the womb and then send him off when he pops out.

Also, legend has it kids of dual parents inherit one of the parents types.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I wouldn't call a single socionist who types people online by VI a legend. Or does someone else go by this stuff, as well?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually, I don't like to type my posts in dry, robotic format. So sometimes I use these things called figures of speech to spice up what I say to make it more readable to the viewer.
    Yes, there are a group of socionists who believe what is stated above. I think it's weird, but important if it is in fact true.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shindaiwa21 View Post
    Just abort if it has any problems. No biggie.
    ^
    l

Is in favor of the death sentence.

Think of it this way: deformities are rare, so have a kid. If he/she is deformed from genetics, stop. If he or she is deformed with nothing to do with genetics, keep going 'cause your bad luck's probably all used up.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not true. My family is an exellent example, but I know of others.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's weird, but important if it is in fact true.
    Either my typing abilities suck, or my parents are in fact duals - but I'm not their identical, and neither are my siblings. FWIW I've only ever seen the theory mentioned in what might be considered unreliable sources (red flags like typing only by VI).

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please answer this question: What is the point of having kids? This is an experiment.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    The type that has zero faith in their genome.

I would say a type that has weak devalued Ne.
    I'd say weak and devalued Ni, but more than that, I'd say someone who's just crazy. Really not type related.

Actually, for whatever reason, I could really see Fe-base types having this issue. Maybe weak Ti.

I know ESE that really just doesn't understand the concept of probability. She'll take a single occurrence, whether it be a story she heard on the news or whatever and blow it up and do everything she can to make sure it doesn't happen to her. We constantly get in arguments about her saying this, this and that could happen, and me saying "sure and you could get hit by lightning too." I'll give her statistics, and they don't mean anything to her. The fact that X person's life was ruined is reason enough to take extraneous precautions.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 08-25-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Either my typing abilities suck, or my parents are in fact duals - but I'm not their identical, and neither are my siblings. FWIW I've only ever seen the theory mentioned in what might be considered unreliable sources (red flags like typing only by VI).
    Aushra Augusta has written about it in The Dual Nature of Man

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The socionist I was referring to is Ekaterina Filatova. Responsible for the pictures taken for these type profies:
    SOCIONICS: Functions, Types, Tests

These can be very useful for VI, but they were not typed by VI. Here's information about the socionist and the photographs.

Ekaterina Filatova lives in St. Petersburg, Russia. She was one of the early Russian socionists and helped spread socionics around Russia. She is known for her books with photographs of people of different types, many of which can be found on the Internet. It should be noted that Ekaterina Filatova did not herself use visual identification (at least in the popular sense of the word) to diagnose the types of the people in her books. She simply began to notice similarities between people of the same type and tried to capture them through photos. Some western readers have interpreted this to mean that she was promoting "V.I." Filatova's self-typing is EII.
    Most of the information I have read from this socionist has been credible (and useful), and although the Dual's-have-same-type-children concept seems pretty out there, it's definitely not unimaginable.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know Augusta and Filatova wrote about it. If the theory is true, it would definitely screw with my typings (and many others' here, from what I've read), which is of course quite possible as we're mistyping each other on daily basis around here. I can't help wondering, however, how much research went into this. That's just speculation but really, I don't see any evidence for it nor see why it wouldn't be one of socionics' fundamental principles by now if it consistently worked.

Anyway, I found an excerpt - posted on this forum - which seems to deal with this theory:

Aushra:

The relationship of identity or identification

They can be called the classical relationship of father and son, mother and daughter. In cohesive families in which husband and wife have complementary personality types, such identity with parents are often. Daughters often grow up with identical types of mother's mind, but his sons - my father.

The identification, as well as for additions are needed in forming the personality of children: no one can become a better teacher than an identical, and the best educator than complementary. Therefore, in families where parents are complementary to each child one of them may be identical to the other complement. Such families create optimal conditions for the upbringing and socialization of children.

The complementary type of acts directly on the subconscious at the establishment of habits and behaviors. Man, one of whose parents had a complementary type of mentality, feel their value and significance to humans. He was confident that it - as in childhood, and throughout their lives - will understand and love in the future family and in the working team. Parents with a complementary type of mentality inspire children to faith in its involvement in the affairs of others, their value for them, teach skills to work, give a sense of confidence in its duality, and with it the full opportunity to display individuality.

Individuals with an identical type of action it has taken on the conscious (the function of other people, form the conscious ideals, goals or methods. Who grew up with the parent of the identical type of person uses it as a signpost. Goes his own way more confident, much less wandering and lost, more specifically implements his intellect.

At present, there are still widespread stereotype of the family, where the child is engaged in the mother. This creates a lack of identification and adapted to life in the team. In such families:

-The children, the type of mentality which is identical to the type of mother (usually daughters) in the family lacks complement. They are not accustomed to the fact that someone from the parents with complementary type of mentality can guess their thoughts and desires are not accustomed to the heat, grow cold and distrustful, who can not cooperate. They are characterized by extreme instrumentality and the tendency to solve all life's problems only on their own, nervous tension, exacerbated by the desire for the realization of intelligence, heightened sense of social prestige, absolutisation social ambitions;

- Those children, the type of mentality which is complementary to the type of mother, well aware of its value in the field of informal human relations. We believe that should be loved, that they, like all other people, we can not love. However, underestimate the capacity of his intellect, they have weakened the desire for its realization.
    To be honest, it sounds more like a theoretical ideal of family than anything else. True, she claims it happens "often", but the way it's formed, I have to question how much confirmation bias was involved. At any rate, there's no claim about "always". So it's safe to assume she observed no more than a correlation - whether it was statistically significant or not is another matter, there are still no guarantees.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    To be honest, it sounds more like a theoretical ideal of family than anything else. True, she claims it happens "often", but the way it's formed, I have to question how much confirmation bias was involved. At any rate, there's no claim about "always". So it's safe to assume she observed no more than a correlation - whether it was statistically significant or not is another matter, there are still no guarantees.
    yes, it's written as 'often' and not 'always'. Though it's hard to find out when something out of 16 choices can be called correlation and when not. But let's not make a big deal out of it.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I like girls a lot. I like pretty girls. I only fuck pretty girls.
    Do I sense supervision?

TIM
    Fi-ESI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to this and think it would occur most frequently in E6. Personally, I never want to have children. Besides the fact that they cost a fortune to raise and are whiny, annoying bitches, you never know what kind of kid you could have. It could have physical/mental disabilities, be gay, be an atheist, hate its existence to the point of suicide, be a sociopathic troublemaker, it could die early and torment and depress you for the rest of your life, or, worst of all, get a damn tattoo. I hate kids.

My future wife, whoever she may be, better be infertile or else I'm getting fixed.

Last edited by Calvinist777; 09-01-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    phobic 6w5 sp/so/sx (tri-type: 6w5/1w9/4w5)
    Fi-ESI

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinist777 View Post
    I can relate to this and think it would occur most frequently in E6. Personally, I never want to have children. Besides the fact that they cost a fortune to raise and are whiny, annoying bitches, you never know what kind of kid you could have. It could have physical/mental disabilities, be gay, be an atheist, hate its existence to the point of suicide, be a sociopathic troublemaker, it could die early and torment and depress you for the rest of your life, or, worst of all, get a damn tattoo. I hate kids.

My future wife, whoever she may be, better be infertile or else I'm getting fixed.
    hehe yeah. and also, there's a 1/4 chance that the kid is from opposing quadra, meaning you will have a bad relationship with it.