Creator of the popular satirical cartoon "The Boondocks"

Your thoughts on his type?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I've always considerably disliked this show. Maybe because I can't understand a word anyone's saying or what's going on.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've loved this show for the opposite reasons lol. I know exactly what he's trying to say in most episodes and see that the situations he displays reflect much of reality. If I was black I'd probably consider this guy a genius. I have a feeling Mcgruder put his own personality into Huey Freeman, who I'm fairly confident is a some IXTj.

Here's a parody he made about his book.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've actually been wondering about him for a little bit. He strikes me Ne/Si irrational, shindaiwa said ENFp but I'm skeptical about that. FWIW the show seems very anti-beta.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"For some reason I've always considerably disliked this show. Maybe because I can't understand a word anyone's saying or what's going on."

What??? This show is not hard to understand.

And is that you or expat in your profile? It makes you look like a white nerd in this context.
    Last edited by jughead; 08-24-2010 at 06:02 AM.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is the show anti-beta? It's just anti-violence and anti-stupidity. Huey is an idealized IEI: he always knows how the story is going to turn out, he's a conspiracy theorist who is write about all the theories, and he rotates between being active in the extreme (attention: the government was responsible for 9/11 and Ronald Reagan is the devil) to being wildly apathetic (well, I know how it's going to turn out: shitty. So why fight it?). I've seen a typing that's Huey IEI and Riley SLE, and certainly there's a lot in the show that supports that dynamic: Riley is an idiot who just pursues action action action and tries to improve his status and manipulate and control everything, and he has these wild fantasies of bad-assery, and winds up looking silly while doing it. But he's incredibly lovable for all those reasons. I mean, he tells Santa "that was a bitch-ass move, Santa." He's blunt, rude, mean, and therefore awesome. He's like a quasi-negative version of an SLE; like an SLE from the perspective of a satirizing IEI. Huey, on the other hand, doesn't really do shit. Especially this season, Huey initiates nothing; he just watches. But he always knows what will happen, which is specifically noted in the show in the terrorist/24-parody episode as well as the Riley-as-chocolate-sales-kingpin episode.

I can see how you could consider the show Ne, it's certainly imaginative and surprising. But there are definitely beta aspects, regardless of whether or not it's a beta show, to the extent that any television show can be definitely associated with a type or quadra.

And also some of what I said was bullshit. So maybe it is a delta show. But I sure like it a lot, regardless.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually never thought of Huey as IEI (Mostly cause him and Riley don't really act like duals), but that makes a lot of sense. The reason I thought he was Ti dominant is Aaron McGruder specifically told the artists of the cartoon to "never allow Huey to be seen smiling or laughing" throughout the whole show. I assumed that meant Fe was his weakest (suggesting) function. Club-wise Huey fits Humanitarian way more than Researcher and Pragmatist. In fact, Aaron does too. Do you think he is IEI as well?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friend who likes this show. He showed one of his interviews and he strikes me as INFp, though seeing as how i've never watched his show, i cant be sure.