Thread: Request A Topic!

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Request A Topic!

Ever had a particular topic you wanted to talk about, but didn't know really how to go about it? Maybe you think there needs to be a better laid out method of VI or more discussion about Information Aspects... Know particular forum members you think will generate helpful conversation with the topic you'd like covered? Or maybe just want to lurk a bunch of people going back and forth over a particular idea? Request a thread here! The more opportunities to talk about the topics on our minds, the better idea we all have of what the community wants! Plus, it never hurts to have a little recognition too :wink:

For my own request, I was hoping for a topic that more clearly shows how Quadra values can be applied to areas such as history, literature, politics. Terms such as "Quadra Progression" should be thrown around as well. Favorite examples that you've noticed and would like to share would be more than welcome! I've read up on everything, but it works better for me to see everything in action. I just want to lurk it more than anything. I was hoping people who have shown interest in this before like Silverchris, Ashton, Gilly, Aiss, and anyone else interested in discussing this, of course

Everyone else, request away!

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Stuff on how people of a given type who have left their mark on certain cultures (i.e. Confucius) have set a tone on that culture through history, causing such cultures to promote and adhere to certain attitudes and practices connected to IMs and quadra of the historical entity causing us to look at a culture and see it as being a say Delta stereotype or even associating a type with it.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Stuff on how people of a given type who have left their mark on certain cultures (i.e. Confucius) have set a tone on that culture through history, causing such cultures to promote and adhere to certain attitudes and practices connected to IMs and quadra of the historical entity causing us to look at a culture and see it as being a say Delta stereotype or even associating a type with it.
    Out of context, anyone?

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait nm it just seemed that way

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thread split this since this thread is meant for discussion of socionics topics; the other posts are now in Anything Goes: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...est-topic.html

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    Ever had a particular topic you wanted to talk about, but didn't know really how to go about it? Maybe you think there needs to be a better laid out method of VI or more discussion about Information Aspects... Know particular forum members you think will generate helpful conversation with the topic you'd like covered? Or maybe just want to lurk a bunch of people going back and forth over a particular idea? Request a thread here! The more opportunities to talk about the topics on our minds, the better idea we all have of what the community wants! Plus, it never hurts to have a little recognition too :wink:

For my own request, I was hoping for a topic that more clearly shows how Quadra values can be applied to areas such as history, literature, politics. Terms such as "Quadra Progression" should be thrown around as well. Favorite examples that you've noticed and would like to share would be more than welcome! I've read up on everything, but it works better for me to see everything in action. I just want to lurk it more than anything. I was hoping people who have shown interest in this before like Silverchris, Ashton, Gilly, Aiss, and anyone else interested in discussing this, of course

Everyone else, request away!
    Good topic idea. I'd like to see a topic about what type likes to request topics. (I joke I joke I keed I keed).

Hmmm... well, I'd love to see a topic about how we get from the generalized theoretical aspects of the IEs, the conceptual analysis of what the IE is, to the actual behavior of the type. There's plenty of info about IEs and plenty of info about the behavior of types and intertype relations. But there's very little, apart from Model A itself, that explains how you get from IE to behavior. In other words, there's very little about the middle between those two.

I like the quadra values + poetry idea (I know you didn't actually say poetry). I might try to do that soon. Thanks for mentioning me.

Durn it glam, you separated the posts right when I was going to quote the bit about tits!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.