Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When weak is strong and strong is... not so much

While studying the nature of the functional positions, I have come to an interesting conclusion. We talk of supervisees having a sort of inferiority compared to their supervisors. I don't think this is the case necessarily, because I think that supervisor arrogance can blind a person to the perspective of their supervisee partner. So to say, the ego block can be taken too far.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also oppose the notion that supervision is based on inferiority/superiority. It is more like the supervisor acts like a "bull in a china store" towards the supervisee's values. The supervisee is engaged in a very delicate activity that the motions of the supervisor brings destruction to.
    Last edited by krieger; 08-21-2010 at 09:11 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wonderful conclusions, you sweet and smart INTj's.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I also oppose the notion that supervision is based on inferiority/superiority. It is more like the supervisor acts like a "bull in a china store" towards the supervisee's values. The supervisee is engaged in a very delicate activity that the motions of the supervisor brings destruction to.
    In other words, SLEs are mean to me. Was your dad SLE or something?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.